“loved the staff”

Ranked #639 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“loved the staff”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Golders Green with my wife and kids on the 25th. I must say that I only choose this hotel because the Holiday Inn Brent Cross was full and to my surprise it was the fantastic stay. The staff are great they all got stuck in to help the guests, the room is what you expect from a Holiday Inn Express but they need to work on the limited TV channels. Breakfast was very busy but it was a joy to see from the duty manager to the chamber maid helping the breakfast staff and they were still smiling this I loved to see they were like a family and even funny calling each other darling, I will definitely stay here again and recommend it to my friends and family.

Room Tip: choose the rooms off the same side of the road its quieter
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank michael t

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stayed here for a few days whilst visiting our grandchildren. The hotel is basic, but clean and well appointed. The restaurant serves an adequate but not lavish breakfast, and the staff are friendly and very helpful. Parking and access are good and overall we enjoyed the brief stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Boyscot
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Boyscot,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the friendliness of our staff. We're sorry you were not well satisfied with your overall stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Thank you for staying and we all hope to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We first stayed her a year ago and I was overwhelmed with this hotel at the time. A year down the line and things have certainly slipped. Staff on check in were efficient and I was grateful for that considering we had been driving over 7 hours.

The rooms were tidy but do need some updating, nevertheless, they were clean and warm and we had a good night's sleep. The shower was poor with no pressure and there was only one milk per person and when I called for more I was told I had to come down to the restaurant and take what I needed from there. That required me to dress and a trip from the third floor. Surely it would be reasonable to assume that guests would have at least two cups each.

The biggest change was the breakfast. It was a complete 'free-for-all' tables were not cleaned and wiped just removed used cutlery and crockery I had to request the table to be cleaned. Staff were disinterested. The scramble eggs were overcooked although the bacon was cooked perfectly. There was limited choice of continental with only pre-packed cheese.

Checking out was not as efficient nor pleasant as the check in.

I didn't enjoy this experience although the hotel was ideally placed for my business needs.

Shame.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Howard R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Howard R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments online. I am glad that you had a good check-in experience. However, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you may have had with the condition of the room and if the breakfast served was sub par. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve what we can offer.

Again, thank you for your time in writing us a review and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Regards,

Pam G
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Since writing a review for this hotel in November 2011, we stayed again last year and were not too impressed. The standards have slipped slightly. Room was in need of a lick of paint and a bit of elbow grease and the breakfast room was chaotic. Will give it one more go some time this year and will report back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Shelly W
Laurent W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Shelly W,

Than you for taking time of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We would like to offer a sincere apology. While we understand that your stay was not as satisfactory as the first time you come to visit us, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Laurent W
Sales and Reservations Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

On arrival to the hotel we were told that we could not check in to the room without showing the credit card that had made the booking. The room was booked by my mother who was abroad. We have never experienced this before and we were in a terrible rush. The hotel staff were rude and refused to let us stay unless we got that card which was impossible. We had no warning of this and they should have flagged this when they saw that the booking was in the name of someone different to the card holder. Eventually I got through to my mother who sent a picture. We were made late and there was no remorse.

On departure from the hotel, we tried to validate our parking. I was told in arrival that there would not be a problem with leaving our car and luggage in the hotel once we had checked out which was necessary as we are religious Jews and cannot drive on the Shabbat. When I tried to leave they told me that I had to pay for today's parking. The sign on the entrance to the car park said residents free and non residents £1 per hour. There was nothing that said we would have to pay for that day, especially since the staff had specifically said we can leave the car and not flagged this. Had we know we would have certainly parked on the road outside which is free all weekend. Again, the staff were unhelpful, rude and belligerent and even claimed that we were lying about what they had said when we checked in. They also wouldn't let us speak to the manager which was unbelievable. They would not accept this and I had to pay before they would let me leave.

I can say that I would never stay at a holiday inn in the future.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else (anywhere)
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jack B
Dear Jack B,

Thank you very much for writing a reviewabout your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express arround. It sound like we fell below your expectations. We take all reviews positive or negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.
Chippenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

The staff were very friendly and polite and the room clean. The car park is very small and totally inadequate, especially when it is also being used by the staff. I sat and waited over20 minutes for a space, which became available when some of the staff left. The breakfast was very disappointing and had a very poor choice. I shall not stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Twista P,

As always we are glad to read feedback of the Holiday Inn Express London Golders Green. Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns, We are very pleased to read that you found our members of staff friendly and polite during your stay. we would like also to apology for the lack of space in our car park and the disapointment you had during breakfast.

Again thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Laurent W
Sales and Reservations Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The location was good reception area tidy and clean reception staff very friendly too. However, the rooms were very basic sparse and unwelcoming. Doors adjoined to the other occupants room too so didn't feel very comfortable!!
Very noisy in the hotel could hear other visitors in their rooms, hotel was noisy doors closing and opening.
Bathroom was clean and modern

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear twista p,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I apologize you were not fully satisfied with your accommodations during your stay. We just want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We apologize that we fell below your expectations on this particular day. We are working hard to improve our product and would love for you to give us an opportunity to make up for your poor experience.

Connie D