“Surprisingly decent!”

Wagamama
Ranked #4,124 of 24,420 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Inspired by fast-paced japanese ramen bars, wagamama offers a range of fresh, healthy dishes including ramen, donburi, teppanyaki, curries, salads and juices. wagamama encourages guests to share in their enthusiasm, slurp on noodles, relax in good company and leave feeling happy, nourished and refreshed.
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Last night in London and we were searching for some hot soup + noodles to have. We are staying near Hammersmith station so decided to wander around our area. We were pleasantly surprised by this old firehall-turned-restaurant with modern decor.

Food: spicy chicken ramen, wagamama ramen and chicken don katsu with their raw juice
-taste was plentiful, portion sizes were more than enough, menu had more than enough variety
-really enjoyed the wagamama noodles - the ramen wasn't over- or undercooked and I was happy with the amount we got. The miso soup base was also flavourful
-the curry don katsu was a bit sweet but still large portion size and tasted good
-raw juice - delicious!
-only concern was the broth was a bit more than luke warm, not as piping hot as I usually like it

Service: pleasant, friendly, accommodating

Decor: the old firehall was a nice touch. The gentlemen at the bar seemed to be enjoying their drinks. Open concept kitchen. Chairs, desks, floors were all very clean

1  Thank e2wong

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We went to Wagamama yesterday evening and I have to say the food was very disappointing. I have been to other Wagamama branches before and food was very good and quantity was fine. However, yesterday, when I ordered the usual Raisukaree curry with chicken I could hardly find the pieces of chicken:there were only 4. The same disappointment arrived with the chilli dish, where onions and peppers had been chopped in very big pieces and therefore there only just a few big ones on the dish...
Service was very good and staff very attentive, not their fault what happens in the kitchen..but not good value for money.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have been a loyal fun of wagamama for almost a decade now. sometimes they may let you down due to the volume of sone branches but recently I ve been to hammersmith branch and been back twice since! seems that wagamama got it right there. the building is unique and takes your breath away from the moment you walk in with its features of the old fire station. the staff were friendly efficient and very smiley ! had the best katsu ever and for first time i was convinced to try their sides and a new seafood soup from their summer menu! I will be going back again and again as felt my money had value and have enjoyed spending time in such a great environment

1  Thank Antonis G
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We ate here on a very busy Saturday afternoon. The whole place was packed and with their dseating arrangements we were plonked on a bench in between two other parties and spent most of the time feeling like we were eavesdropping on a romantic date between a couple on our left!!

However the food provided was excellent and very good value for money, the service was very prompt if a little abrubt. All in all I would revisit, but probably at a quieter time.

1  Thank Woodsia66
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Great food, great service, great price.
What else can I say!!
This is definitely worth a visit - a different experience to the usual restaurants!