“Location and Service Excellent”

Presidential Apartments
Ranked #59 of 869 Speciality Lodging in London
Melbourne, Australia
“Location and Service Excellent”
Reviewed 31 January 2013

My two adult children and I stayed at these appartments from 7 - 15th January 2013. The location was fantastic close to shops and transport. We could walk to everything we needed. The appartment had everything we needed and the rooms were serviced daily. Staff were so friendly, and Dimitri at reception was such a helpful and friendly person, nothing was too much trouble. The only small criticism, and it is very minor is that the rooms could be repainted, but this does not impact on the stay at all. I would recommend people to stay at these appartments without hesitation.

Room Tip: We had a studio appartment and the three of us fitted nicely, would not recommend anymore than three...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank tracey r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

Just spent thurs-Sunday here in a one bed apartment. Our room was ready for check in when we arrived at about 11am which was nice after such an early flight. Dimitri on reception was friendly and helpful. The apartment was a good size for the four of us but as previously mentioned the place is in need of a good lick of paint. The kitchen area had all the basic equipment and was clean. The bathroom was clean and had all the little extra toiletries which was nice- shaving kit, dental kit, sewing kit, shampoo soap etc.

The pull out bed although small was fine and was made up on arrival, there was also a single couch pulled out and made up as well which we weren't expecting and would have been good if travelling with kids ( you could sleep up to three small kids!). The pull out couch was a bit ropey but I slept fine on it. The main bedroom was large and has a safe and dressing area with a large mirror. There was some hairs in the bed when we pulled backed the duvet that night which was a little off putting but it was 2am so we didn't bother ringing the emergency number. (The desk is not manned 24hr).

Papers were provided daily and the room was made up daily with fresh towels, tea coffee etc if required. The only thing that could be easily improved on is having a do not disturb sign that could be hung on the door knob because Housekeeping did knock on the Room two mornings when we were Trying to get Dressed etc and also a 12pm check out time would be appreciated as 11am is on the early side. The tesco downstairs is convenient for buying bread milk Etc.

The hotel is located in a good safe residential area. It is only a 5 min walk to selfridges or a 10 min walk to marble arch (tube - central red line). Great location for shops on Oxford street. There is a coffee shop to the left of the apt which does great coffee. The bar/restaurant Union is also right outside and does nice grub.

Overall a great stay. We will definitely stay here again next time I'm in London.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Prettyprincess248
Singapore
Reviewed 27 January 2013

My sister, my son and I stayed at the Marylebone Presidential Apt for 3 nights..98 pounds per night...very good deal...we happened to look up the website and caught the offer. We arrived early just before 10am and Dimitri (nice chap) at the reception was so kind to let us check in after a 14 hr flight. My sis and I slept on the kingsize bed and my son on the sofa bed. The room even has a nice dressing table with a huge mirror. The space was sufficient for 3 people and the kitchen well eqipped with coffee, hot chocolate sachets and cookies. One complaint I have is the shower. It was loud when we turned on the tap and the shower is above you. So you have to put on the shower cap when you are not washing your hair. I prefer the movable shower. But the bathroom has shampoos, conditioners, shaving kit, toothbrushes etc...Altho it was a daily serviced apt, we didn't want our room to be cleaned till we checked out. But everyday when we walked out of the room, the housekeeper always ask us if we want fresh towels..it was really nice of them..

Downstairs was Tesco and we bought lots of snacks and food stuff up to our room to heat up. The apostrophe cafe at the corner of the street served very good porridge and croissants for breakfast...we had dinner one night at the the japanese restaurant just a few doors away.

Oxford St was less than 10 mins walk away...the only problem I had was lugging my shopping stuff back to the hotel as it was snowing. The grounds were slushy and I had to walk really slow which gave me the illusion that the apt was much further and I wished I had stayed on Oxford St instead.

Other than that, my stay at the apt was a fabulous one! Nice staff, great room! Will definitely stay there again when I visit London.

Room Tip: I was at room 38 facing the street but it was not noisy at all.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mabakerfb
Reviewed 15 November 2012

What a great find, cheaper than a budget hotel and as much room as an expensive hotel suite.

Used it for a crash pad for one night so didn't have time to use the washing machine, microwave, cooker, ironing board or both of the TVs.

Will be booking again next time I need to overnight in London.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Nphisher
bolton
Reviewed 1 October 2012

three of us stayed for one night on sat 29/09/12,well located £8.00 black cab ride from euston 10 min walk to bond st tube station £7.00 for full day ticket great value so easy to get about for sight seeing and small tesco next door in a good area. apartment very clean and well equipped hair dryer iron full kitchen, complimentary tea and coffee fresh fruit. double bed and sofa bed,complimentary toiletries. staff very nice and reception man very.helpful let us leave our luggage until we were going home later that evening and offered us the use of a bathroom, curtains would not close properly but thats nit picking.tip dont let reception call you a cab when leaving as they charged us £18.00 back to station when asked about price difference driver said it was because they had set price when ordered by hotel expensive phone call! overall would defo book this hotel/apartments again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank champagnesharon
New Zealand
Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights,our apartment which we booked was not available until the 2nd night,bit weird we booked 6 months before,so we had to stay in a smaller one then shift,they gave us breakfast every morning to compensate,location to oxford st great,spacious,clean,kitchen,good tv & wifi good

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank jaffajames
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My three friends and I stayed here for two nights.Overall we had a great experience.We stayed in one bedroom apartment. Location you can't fault. 5 min walk to Oxford street and about 10 minutes to Bond street Tube station.

Inside the apartment had everything you needed from fully equipped kitchen including fridge/Freezer,Microwave,kettle,Washer/Dryer,Cooker, Safe in room etc.
Bathroom clean and was very up to date and had a rain shower which we all loved.
Free wifi in the apartment was a big plus you just have to ask the guy at reception for the code.

The apartment was very clean and sofa beds were made up on arrival Fresh fruit and magazines also. Breakfast was delivered each morning If you love a morning Fry this isn't the breakfast for you as It is just basic cereal fruit croissants including a free newspaper each morning.Well presented thou.Delivery time on both morning was between 9 and 9:30. Staff were very friendly .

We had to check out on Sunday at 11:30 but our flight wasn't till late that night. The guy at the desk let us leave our bags at reception for the day as they would have been awkward to drag around with us all day.I needed to print my boarding pass for the flight that night and the guy at reception kindly printed it all i had to do was to email it. Saved me having to find an internet cafe that would print it off.

Only problem we had was at check in. We knew we had to pay on arrival but we did not realize that the reception would have no change and all we had was notes.So we eventually worked it out between the four of us.
But just a tip if you are paying in cash make sure you have the exact amount. If not their is always the Tesco downstairs where you could get change.
They do have a card machine and take cards so if you are paying by card you will have no problems.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends