Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #242 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 31 January 2012

This was the second stay at this hotel for us. And what a pleasant stay it was.

First the LOCATION:
Very convenient. Well, not if you go to London bargain hunting, but the Oxford Street is about 15 minutes by bus. But the London Eye is just 3 minutes on foot and then there is the Big Ben (about 7 minutes) and you can have romatic walks along the river etc etc etc.

Then the SERVICE:
Always helpful. Happy to help. Always smiling.

Then the ROOM:
Simple but ellegant with a magnificent view. Oh, and there is a microwave in every room which is very convenient too.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Dear goofy75,

I was pleased to hear that you decided to stay again with us and you enjoyed the time here. We do have a great location, mostly for as you said romantic walks or for main London’s attractions.

Thank you for your review and please rest assured that I have already passed your comments to our team. Besides location and the features of our hotel, we have also a great team that is happy to help. I am looking forward to see you again here.

Brandy Dragan
Senior Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (7,690)

Reviewed 30 January 2012

This hotel was brilliant I was there with my Auntie and Uncle I loved it and they loved it. The room we were in was great. We had a great view and the room was very clean and the staff was very helpful. The breakfast was the BRILLIANT you need do try is the breakfast's have everything from beans to pancakes (you only get pancakes on weekend thing you should have them all week) we stayed from 27th of January to the 30th of January so Thanks you to all the staff that were working that weekend (the bar,front desk, cleaner's, and any I have missed. Best hotel we have ever been to. I also would like to say something we did love the hotel but the beds weren't the best my Auntie had a sore back from sleeping in it and my sofa bed could be more comfortable but everything else was every good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view because if we never had the view i thing we would never at stuff a good t...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RyanPender
PPCHLondon, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Dear RyanPender

I am so happy to hear that both your Uncle and Auntie enjoyed they stay with us. Our team enjoy reading reviews such as yours and shows that throughout the hotel we have a strong attitude to guest satisfaction.

I have spoken to the chef regarding having pancakes all week and he said he will look into it.

I am sorry to hear that your aunt was uncomfortable and I truly hope that this did not disrupt your stay too much. Further to feedback like yours, we are just starting a replacement program throughout the hotel with regards the sofabeds.

I hope that when you return you will have a better night sleep.

Kind regards

Karen Lorimer

Reviewed 30 January 2012

We upgraded to an executive suite with use of the Executive lounge - well worth while! The staff at this hotel where excellent, very helpful at every turn. Very close to London Eye and County Hall and river cruises.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Dear Jeanne G,

We are always given great feedback from guests who have upgraded to our Park Plaza Plus Package, and I am really pleased that you were also able to take advantage of this fantastic package for your stay.

It is always wonderful to hear reviewers comment about our team being excellent and helpful, and I will ensure that your feedback is passed onto them.

We hope to welcome you and your partner back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here last weekend. Reception Staff friendly and polite (and well presented). I was particularly impressed with the concierge from Hungary who couldn't have been more helpful. Room was good with a great view of the London Eye and famous London landmarks. Bed comfortable with lovely fine white cotton bedding. Bathroom facilities good although I didn't like the sliding frosted glass entrance door and the lighting could be improved taking into account us ladies who consider it highly important when making up!

Downside - breakfast room far too small for such a big hotel. This resulted in a huge queue Sunday morning. Lots of people coming down in the lifts actually had to give it a miss as they had things planned and couldn't wait the 30 mins before getting a table - not good enough when you've paid the price! Scrambled eggs horrible, think its made with a powder or liquid - a mushy light white mess,(one visitor even had to ask what it was!) - why they can't make scrambled eggs with real eggs I really don't know!

Apart from that I would go back again and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: On a high floor for a view
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
PPCHLondon, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Dear Evie 100

It was great to read that our conceirge team has impressed you, I have passed your comments on to our Head Conceirge Andrew. He will be delighted to see that one of his team has been mentioned in your reveiw.

Our rooms have been designed to be comfortable, functional and to suit most types of guest. I am delighted to hear that you found our beds and linen comfortable. Our rooms do have a modern feel to them hence the frosted glass.

I am sorry to hear your comments regarding breakfast, I have passed the onto the Head Chef. We truly believe that all feedback is good and the only way of improving our guest satisfaction 100%.

Kind regards

Karen Lorimer

Reviewed 30 January 2012

This hotel is located around the corner from the London Eye so you are right in the centre of many tourist attractions of London.

I stayed here on business and there were major problems with the internet, could not get the wifi or corded internet to work, directed by reception to call the ISP ended up on hold for 20 minutes and had to give up and head into to the office without checking my email :-( all my colleagues ahd the same problem, I don't know if it got fixed as I didn't get a chance to check the other days. The other annoying thing was that I had no mobile phone reception in the hotel and I could only get an internet signal on my mobile by almost hanging out the window. So that was a bit of a hassle when travelling on business.

The rooms are nice, quite spacious for central london, there is an internal sleeping area, a little kitchenette adjacent to the bathroom, and a sitting area with a window, all nice and clean. I probably would have preferred the sleeping area to not be located next to the door of the room, but generally was really comfortable, 2 tvs in the room as well. There is a minimally stocked minibar, it does seem like a hassle to get eg a 7UP, I was not clear what to do if I wanted an alternative beverage? But nice touch with an ice machine nearby and the little ktichenette with glasses. No peanuts or crisps either, and I would have appreciated something snacky in there other than chocolate.

Breakfast was fine, I had a tray sent up one morning which had a fruit salad too icy cold to eat and coffee was dreadful, but in the restaraunt it was better.

We didn't dine in the restaraunt but did use the bar, there was a girl working there who really seemed to be struggling. Anyway bar is fine,

Room Tip: The lifts are busy and get backed up in the morning, if you want a sleep in don't stay anywhere...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Dear goodchick,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the wi-fi not working correctly during your stay with us. I would like to apologise that whilst we were trying to fix this for you, you remained on hold with our external provider for over twenty minutes. I would like to assure you that we are currently working with our provider to enhance this service throughout the hotel, so I hope that you notice a considerable improvement upon your return to Park Plaza County Hall.

It is good to hear that you found our rooms to be nice and spacious, especially in Central London. We have a large cross-section of guests that stay with us, who all have very different needs when it comes to their rooms. We pride ourselves trying to accommodate all our guests requirements, and therefore have several different room layouts available throughout the hotel.

We are pleased that you found the location to be central and easily accessible to many of London's major tourist attractions, and I hope you managed to see some of the sights after your business was completed.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Sadly, due to a combination of work and South West Trains, I didn't get to the hotel until 9pm so only had a few awake hours to sample the delights of the Park Plaza. Hopefully next time I'll have a bit more time as it looks very nice and I'd love to enjoy more of the facililties.
All the staff I encountered were pleasant, welcoming and helpful and although room service didn't get my order quite right, the chap who brought the tray put things right happily. The bed was fabulously comfy and I really liked the room. I had a fabulous view of Waterloo Bridge and down into the atrium but despite this there was no sound pollution at all so slept soundly. Only one slight disappointment was that I think I left something behind in the room, and despite sending an email through the next day asking them to check, have still not received a reply back (4 days and counting...)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Dear Janetyjanet,

Hopefully the next time you stay with us the trains will be running on time, so that you are able to enjoy a much longer period spent experiencing everything that Park Plaza County Hall has to offer!

I was delighted to hear your positive comments regarding the team here, which I will most certainly pass onto them.

In regards to the lost property, if you could forward your email onto ppchgrm@pphe.com, I will be sure to follow this up immediately for you.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 January 2012

We booked this trip with friends for theater visit.Upon arrival,Eleanor on reception made our stay really special.We mentioned we had a birthday coming up and she upgraded us,sent a card and a bottle of wine,nothing was too much trouble .
The hotel is in a smashing location and great facilities.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Martin H

Dear Martin H,

Eleonora was thrilled to hear that she made such a positive impact to your stay recently.
We hope that your birthday was amazing, and that you all had an enjoyable time at the theatre.

We hope to welcome you and your friends back to Park Plaza County Hall for the next special occasion!