Park Plaza County Hall London
US$210
US$188
galahotels.com
8,010 results
All reviewswaterloo stationlondon eyebig benstudio roomsouth bankthe sofa bedthe penthousekitchen areasmall kitchenettecity viewwestminster abbeynespresso machineexcellent locationan upgradefantastic hotelmini barbooked this hotel
Reviewed 31 January 2012

My nephew has beat me to it by getting his review in first and i would like to clarify i found the bed & bedding very comfortable only trouble was when i got out of it! - which probably would have happened in any bed apart from my own.

We chose this hotel from the reviews on trip advisor as not having been to London before we did not know where to start and im so glad we did. From the reviews we asked for a room with a view and were not disappointed. Then london eye and big ben all lit up were a welcome sight and at a push the houses of parliament could also be seen. When the building work is finished just down from hotel and the large crane goes the view of london eye will be unhindered - this did not spoil the view at all as the crane from our room looked like part of the eye frame work!

The hotel location was great and easy to find when walking back just had to follow the lights of the eye, a walk over westminster bridge where a newsagent/grocers was situated open 24 hours which was handy for some snacks etc. Our room was equiped with dishes and cutlery for those who choose to use the handy kitchen area.

Our room was on the 12th floor and right across from the elevators and unlike other reviews did not hear a thing from them or have to wait any length of time to get an elevator. All staff were helpful and professional the hotel is very modern but comfortable. i was perplexed at first as i could not work out how to get the main lights to work and could not see any guidance notes on this, i called reception who advised the key card for entering the room goes in the slot at the door and this turns the lights on whether this is something a well travelled person would know im not sure but i got there in the end.

As my Nephew Ryan reports below the breakfast was excellent with something for everyone and lots of it. The variety on offer - cooked breakfast (sausage, bacon, hash brown, grilled tomato, beans, mushrooms, boiled or scrambled egg ready with the option for poached or fried readily available on request) cereals, dried fruit, fresh fruit, various fruit juices, yogurts, jams, choc spread, peanut butter etc, cold meat and cheese, peppered mackeral, pasteries and muffins with the bonus of pancakes at weekends. Ryan enjoyed the make your own milk shake banana, choc or strawberry on offer and the hot chocolate on offer for the kids instead of tea or coffee. As we had read on reviews that breakfast could be busy we chose to go earlier rather than later to get a good seat and this worked for us as every morning we got the seats we preferred (sofa area) breakfast is served from 6.00am i think until 10.30 we aimed for 7.30 - 8.15am and got in before it got to busy when we were finishing people were starting to wait but staff are very quick at relaying the table i did not see anyone wait too long.

We had dinner in the hotel one evening but we were rushing for a show and did not have the time to enjoy the service as much as we could have. The options perhaps to fancy for our tastes my husband and nephew opted for haddock and chips priced at £16.00 as this was the simplest thing on offer if we had more time to check out the childrens menu im sure my nephew would have been happier as we saw pizza coming out to kids at other tables, we had asked if pizza could be served in the dining room when it was not on the menu but on offer with room service but were not given the option of a childrens menu - whether he was too old at 14 for this menu i dont know. What we did have was lovely though which im glad because of the price.

Two tvs in our room was great as hubby checked out the sports and nephew watched his shows. We picked a movie to watch at a cost of £5.95 from a good choice on offer including new releases which was a good way to chill out on the Sunday evening after a busy day sight seeing.

I dont think i have missed anything out - this trip has taken a good chunk out my bank balance and i cant compare costs to other hotels in the area as i havent been to any others but having been to Park Plaza County Hall i doubt i would like to try any other and if the views, service and breakfast are as good, if i ever come to London again this would certainly be worth saving up for.

This trip was for my nephews birthday earlier in January (im presuming the bottle of wine left in the room was for our use) and the hotel noted this but i think there was a mix up and the wine was left for that special occasion. Not to worry i.m sure his mum will enjoy it as much as we enjoyed our stay. Thanks to all.

Room Tip: if you want a room with a view you will have to ask to make sure.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathleen M
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Dear Kathleen,

With reviews such as yours we do not need any marketing anymore. You capture all that our hotel has to offer, location, friendly service and not to forget the lovely views of London Eye from 12th floor. Thank you very much.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are visiting London next time.

Brandy Dragan
Senior Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 31 January 2012

This was the second stay at this hotel for us. And what a pleasant stay it was.

First the LOCATION:
Very convenient. Well, not if you go to London bargain hunting, but the Oxford Street is about 15 minutes by bus. But the London Eye is just 3 minutes on foot and then there is the Big Ben (about 7 minutes) and you can have romatic walks along the river etc etc etc.

Then the SERVICE:
Always helpful. Happy to help. Always smiling.

Then the ROOM:
Simple but ellegant with a magnificent view. Oh, and there is a microwave in every room which is very convenient too.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear goofy75,

I was pleased to hear that you decided to stay again with us and you enjoyed the time here. We do have a great location, mostly for as you said romantic walks or for main London’s attractions.

Thank you for your review and please rest assured that I have already passed your comments to our team. Besides location and the features of our hotel, we have also a great team that is happy to help. I am looking forward to see you again here.

Brandy Dragan
Senior Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 30 January 2012

This hotel was brilliant I was there with my Auntie and Uncle I loved it and they loved it. The room we were in was great. We had a great view and the room was very clean and the staff was very helpful. The breakfast was the BRILLIANT you need do try is the breakfast's have everything from beans to pancakes (you only get pancakes on weekend thing you should have them all week) we stayed from 27th of January to the 30th of January so Thanks you to all the staff that were working that weekend (the bar,front desk, cleaner's, and any I have missed. Best hotel we have ever been to. I also would like to say something we did love the hotel but the beds weren't the best my Auntie had a sore back from sleeping in it and my sofa bed could be more comfortable but everything else was every good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view because if we never had the view i thing we would never at stuff a good time in the room
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RyanPender
PPCHLondon, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Dear RyanPender

I am so happy to hear that both your Uncle and Auntie enjoyed they stay with us. Our team enjoy reading reviews such as yours and shows that throughout the hotel we have a strong attitude to guest satisfaction.

I have spoken to the chef regarding having pancakes all week and he said he will look into it.

I am sorry to hear that your aunt was uncomfortable and I truly hope that this did not disrupt your stay too much. Further to feedback like yours, we are just starting a replacement program throughout the hotel with regards the sofabeds.

I hope that when you return you will have a better night sleep.

Kind regards

Karen Lorimer

Reviewed 30 January 2012

We upgraded to an executive suite with use of the Executive lounge - well worth while! The staff at this hotel where excellent, very helpful at every turn. Very close to London Eye and County Hall and river cruises.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Dear Jeanne G,

We are always given great feedback from guests who have upgraded to our Park Plaza Plus Package, and I am really pleased that you were also able to take advantage of this fantastic package for your stay.

It is always wonderful to hear reviewers comment about our team being excellent and helpful, and I will ensure that your feedback is passed onto them.

We hope to welcome you and your partner back in the near future.

Shelley Martin
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 30 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here last weekend. Reception Staff friendly and polite (and well presented). I was particularly impressed with the concierge from Hungary who couldn't have been more helpful. Room was good with a great view of the London Eye and famous London landmarks. Bed comfortable with lovely fine white cotton bedding. Bathroom facilities good although I didn't like the sliding frosted glass entrance door and the lighting could be improved taking into account us ladies who consider it highly important when making up!

Downside - breakfast room far too small for such a big hotel. This resulted in a huge queue Sunday morning. Lots of people coming down in the lifts actually had to give it a miss as they had things planned and couldn't wait the 30 mins before getting a table - not good enough when you've paid the price! Scrambled eggs horrible, think its made with a powder or liquid - a mushy light white mess,(one visitor even had to ask what it was!) - why they can't make scrambled eggs with real eggs I really don't know!

Apart from that I would go back again and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: On a high floor for a view
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
PPCHLondon, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Dear Evie 100

It was great to read that our conceirge team has impressed you, I have passed your comments on to our Head Conceirge Andrew. He will be delighted to see that one of his team has been mentioned in your reveiw.

Our rooms have been designed to be comfortable, functional and to suit most types of guest. I am delighted to hear that you found our beds and linen comfortable. Our rooms do have a modern feel to them hence the frosted glass.

I am sorry to hear your comments regarding breakfast, I have passed the onto the Head Chef. We truly believe that all feedback is good and the only way of improving our guest satisfaction 100%.

Kind regards