“Consistently good hotel in great location”

Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #238 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 20 April 2012

This was my third stay at the Park Plaza County Hall. As always, i found the staff to be very welcoming. I had a suite overlooking Waterloo Station, which - though not the London Eye - means you can see out to Canary Wharf and is stil quite an impressive view. The suites are fantastic for working, with a lounge area separated from the bedroom by a kitchenette. All clean and they even provide a mini-fridge for guest use. The microwave is also a nice touch. Air con seems a bit hit and miss and doesn't really cool the room, instead produces a couple of chilly spots but is a small price to pay to have floor-to-celining windows with an amazing view.

The room service food is also of a very high standard and relatively good value (for room service food!). Always happy to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ali_P_75
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2012

Dear Ali_P_75,

I am happy to read that you continue to have a great stay with us at Park Plaza County Hall and that you still appreciate the spectacular views of London highlighted by the floor to ceiling windows.

I have marked your feedback regarding the air conditioning and will make sure that this is looked into. I am pleased that you enjoy the luxury of 24-hour room service that we provide our guests in the comfort of their room.

We hope to welcome you back for your fourth stay with us!

Guest Relations Manager.

There are newer reviews for Park Plaza County Hall London

Reviewed 20 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel from April 3-11, 2012 and again in April 16-17. It is within walking distance to several tourist attractions, like the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, London Eye and overlooking the River Thames.

My daughter and I were on a holiday trip to Europe. We stayed at a 1 bedroom unit with a living room and kitchenette from April 3-11, 2012 and again in April 16-17 Very convenient as it had a microwave oven, coffee/tea facilities, complete utensils and even an ironing board! They have free self-serve laundry facility for their guests which is a big help for travellers like us who are hopping from one country to another. The staff was excellent. They were always quick to serve
your needs. Good job to Guy, Karl, Atilla and Roland from Concierge, and Hossein from Room Service. Thanks also to Emily of Front Desk for printing our boarding passes. People like you make the difference!

I highly recommend this hotel. Definitely worth the money.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a room overlooking the London Eye.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank peepeep

Dear peepeep,

I am so happy to read that so many people within the team were able to make sure you had a great stay with us! Guy, Karl, Attilla, Roland and Hussein will be very happy to hear that they were able to have such an impact on your stay. I am happy that I was able to help you also!

Thanks for providing some great information about the hotel and pointing out that we are in such a great location to see and do so much in a short space of time.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I stayed in the park plaza for two nights as part of a business trip to London. I upgraded to a London Eye view room. The view was simply amazing from the 13th floor ( apparently they are not as superstitious in England). I have only two small complaints about the hotel. First, there was a crane directly outside of my window that blocked my view of the London Eye. That was not PPCH's fault but since I paid for the upgraded room I wish they would have put me in a diferent room. Not a big deal though. Second, the light in my bathroom would not turn on. I didn't contact anyone about it because I didn't spend much time in my room anyway. Neither of these were enough for me to say that it was not an amazing hotel. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a great hotel in the middle of London.

• Stayed: April 2012
PPCHLondon, General Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear treyc,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the view from the 13th floor and that the crane didn't obscure it entirely- we are not superstitious here in at Park Plaza County Hall. 13 is my lucky number personally! Thank you for your feedback and we hope we are able to welcome you back soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed at PPCH from March 26th to 29th this year. I organised a trip to the UK every year for a group of Japanese primary school students and this time we had over 50 students in our group. We stayed at this hotel 3 years ago and we stayed at its sister hotel PP Westminster Bridge two years ago. This time as on out previous visits, we had a great stay. The thing that I would say about the PPCH that stands out is the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff. We checked in late at night, and right from the off the night duty manager (Ricky) did as much as he possibly could to get us checked in as soon as possible. I can honestly say that all the staff were really helpful and friendly throughout our stay. Obviously coming down to breakfast with 50 children all at once puts a bit of a strain on the restaurant staff but they bent over backwards to accomodate us and make our stay special. The restaurant manager Mercim in particular and all the breakfast serving staff treated our students really well and it was greatly appreciated by our staff. When we did have problems , small or large all the staff from the front desk to the concierges were only too willing to help us out. I would highly recommend the PPCH, great hotel in a great location with fantastic staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank KagoshimaJohn
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Dear KagoshimaJohn,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review. Thanks to your review, Tripadvisor readers can have a sample of what really Park Plaza County Hall is: a great hotel with an amazing friendly and helpful team. Looking forward to see you and your students next year!

Reviewed 18 April 2012

My daughter and myself spent three nights in this hotel and could not find fault with it. Staff were very professional and helpful, service perfect and rooms big enough and spotless.We expected long queues for breakfast but only had to wait a few minutes to be seated and breakfast was worth the wait, simply delicious.Location is perfect
and easy to visit attractions from. We had a fantastic time in London and the stay in the hotel added to this.Overall a great place to stay. Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: April 2012
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Bernadette D,

Thank you for deciding to spend that special time “Mother- Daughter” with us. I am happy that you had a lovely time with us and definitely looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Hotel is ok, rooms are nice , free internet is appalling speed in this day and age. 256k wired or wireless.
TV in room is rubbish too , channels not working and then stopping and starting its all analogue.
Stopped at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge across the road and have far better tv and nearly 50mb internet so avoid if you plan to spend any time in the room on internet.
£5 for 2mb still not worth it.
The Bridge has a larger room service menu too.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear Stuart F,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. I am sorry that your stay with us was not to your expectation due to our Internet and Room Service menu.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed in the Park Plaza Hotel County Hall in March 2012 for seven nights.

The service we received from the staff in the hotel could not be faulted. We arrived after 27 hours of travel to an extremely pleasant woman on reception.

We stayed in a studio room which was fantastic in size, the bed was comfortable and it was great having a sitting room as well - especially since we were stayed for a week it was nice to spread out. I believe the sofa converted to a bed too, however we didn't use this. We had an amazing view of the London Eye out of our bedroom window also.

The bathroom was nice and clean and the shower was amazing. It was also really handy having the small kitchenette too so that if we didn't want to eat a meal out we could store things in the fridge and heat in the microwave. I imagine this would be handy for families as well.

There is a laundry in the basement (free of charge) which was handy for those needing to wash clothes (which we did!).

The location was excellent! Walking distance from London Eye, Westminster Abbey etc and it was right there on South bank where lots of restaurants are located. Also, Waterloo station was right there so easy to get on the tube.

We absolutely loved this hotel, and will definitely stay there when we return to London.

Room Tip: We had a studio room on the eighth floor right outside the elevator and it had a fabulous view. The...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CWPerth

Dear CWPerth,

I am delighted that we made such a good impression on you. Thank you for this amazing review.

Looking forward to welcome you back.