“Decent hotel in good location”

Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #231 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
cavan
“Decent hotel in good location”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Stayed here for two nights on weekend to London. First time in London so had no idea where to stay. Glad found this hotel, was nice and clean with reasonably spacious room overlooking Waterloo station. Location was great for sightseeing, london eye is just around the corner. Paid for breakfast on second morning which was disappointing and coffee was awful. Wouldn't bother with breakfast if not included in the price.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
PPCHLondon, General Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
Dear nshannon,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you were able to find and stay with us! We are in such a good location for anyone who has never stayed in London before to enjoy what the city has to offer. I am sorry to hear about your experience at breakfast. I will pass on your feedback regarding your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,083)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Newry
Reviewed 21 April 2012

My wife, adult daughter and myself stayed here for three nights over Easter 2012. We booked a studio room which was MOST appropriate: there was a bedroom, a bathroom, small kitchen and a living room with sofa-bed. The bathroom and kitchen were between bedroom and living room creating a useful buffer zone. Both rooms had TV. While there were no doors, the design ensured those wanting a snooze were not disturbed by the others. Kitchen and bathroom were both well-equipped and furnished with consumables: coffee, biscuits, shampoo etc. When will any hotel chain come up with stuff for men, in particular shaving foam? The living room had a chemical smell which was quite pervasive. The AC controls were also VERY unresponsive. An appeal to the lady who happened to pop in to fill the mini-bar just after our arrival and who promised to pass on our concerns either fell on deaf ears or didn't reach the right people. A good general sniff around narrowed the smell down not to 'Shake 'n Vac' but to the 'leather' of the sofa bed, presumably because it didn't get an opening too often. By our final night it had dissipated or we had become inured to it.
All staff were polite but not engaging in the way we Irish expect: they were formal and no craic!
The hotel is VERY convenient to lots of tourist activity, two tube stations, Waterloo & Westminster and is only 15 mins walk from the West End. You are ON the South Bank so all of their facilities are 5-10 mins away depending on the length of your legs and who you are with.
It is VERY expensive: the studio for us for three nights was about £750 with NO BREAKFAST!
Have to rate the hotel and its facilities & location highly but value for money is a very subjective thing. This once, because it was to reunite us with our daughter, it was worth it; for a couple travelling there are cheaper options.

Room Tip: Go for height and an external room
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear Alfonsus_Bluepenny,

I am happy to read that you were pleased with the Studio room for you and your family and that the design suited your needs perfectly! With regards to the shoaving foam for men, we can provide this for any guest who requests it - please feel free next time you stay.

I have noted your feeback with regards to your experience with our air conditioning and will look into this. However I am pleased that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and our facilities and that we were specially chosen for you and your daughter to be reunited.

We hope we can welcome you back again in the future.

Nottingham, England
Reviewed 20 April 2012

This was my third stay at the Park Plaza County Hall. As always, i found the staff to be very welcoming. I had a suite overlooking Waterloo Station, which - though not the London Eye - means you can see out to Canary Wharf and is stil quite an impressive view. The suites are fantastic for working, with a lounge area separated from the bedroom by a kitchenette. All clean and they even provide a mini-fridge for guest use. The microwave is also a nice touch. Air con seems a bit hit and miss and doesn't really cool the room, instead produces a couple of chilly spots but is a small price to pay to have floor-to-celining windows with an amazing view.

The room service food is also of a very high standard and relatively good value (for room service food!). Always happy to stay here.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ali_P_75
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
Dear Ali_P_75,

I am happy to read that you continue to have a great stay with us at Park Plaza County Hall and that you still appreciate the spectacular views of London highlighted by the floor to ceiling windows.

I have marked your feedback regarding the air conditioning and will make sure that this is looked into. I am pleased that you enjoy the luxury of 24-hour room service that we provide our guests in the comfort of their room.

We hope to welcome you back for your fourth stay with us!

Guest Relations Manager.
Manila
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel from April 3-11, 2012 and again in April 16-17. It is within walking distance to several tourist attractions, like the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, London Eye and overlooking the River Thames.

My daughter and I were on a holiday trip to Europe. We stayed at a 1 bedroom unit with a living room and kitchenette from April 3-11, 2012 and again in April 16-17 Very convenient as it had a microwave oven, coffee/tea facilities, complete utensils and even an ironing board! They have free self-serve laundry facility for their guests which is a big help for travellers like us who are hopping from one country to another. The staff was excellent. They were always quick to serve
your needs. Good job to Guy, Karl, Atilla and Roland from Concierge, and Hossein from Room Service. Thanks also to Emily of Front Desk for printing our boarding passes. People like you make the difference!

I highly recommend this hotel. Definitely worth the money.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a room overlooking the London Eye.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank peepeep
Dear peepeep,

I am so happy to read that so many people within the team were able to make sure you had a great stay with us! Guy, Karl, Attilla, Roland and Hussein will be very happy to hear that they were able to have such an impact on your stay. I am happy that I was able to help you also!

Thanks for providing some great information about the hotel and pointing out that we are in such a great location to see and do so much in a short space of time.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Guest Relations Manager.
Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I stayed in the park plaza for two nights as part of a business trip to London. I upgraded to a London Eye view room. The view was simply amazing from the 13th floor ( apparently they are not as superstitious in England). I have only two small complaints about the hotel. First, there was a crane directly outside of my window that blocked my view of the London Eye. That was not PPCH's fault but since I paid for the upgraded room I wish they would have put me in a diferent room. Not a big deal though. Second, the light in my bathroom would not turn on. I didn't contact anyone about it because I didn't spend much time in my room anyway. Neither of these were enough for me to say that it was not an amazing hotel. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a great hotel in the middle of London.

• Stayed April 2012
PPCHLondon, General Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear treyc,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the view from the 13th floor and that the crane didn't obscure it entirely- we are not superstitious here in at Park Plaza County Hall. 13 is my lucky number personally! Thank you for your feedback and we hope we are able to welcome you back soon.

Kagoshima
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed at PPCH from March 26th to 29th this year. I organised a trip to the UK every year for a group of Japanese primary school students and this time we had over 50 students in our group. We stayed at this hotel 3 years ago and we stayed at its sister hotel PP Westminster Bridge two years ago. This time as on out previous visits, we had a great stay. The thing that I would say about the PPCH that stands out is the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff. We checked in late at night, and right from the off the night duty manager (Ricky) did as much as he possibly could to get us checked in as soon as possible. I can honestly say that all the staff were really helpful and friendly throughout our stay. Obviously coming down to breakfast with 50 children all at once puts a bit of a strain on the restaurant staff but they bent over backwards to accomodate us and make our stay special. The restaurant manager Mercim in particular and all the breakfast serving staff treated our students really well and it was greatly appreciated by our staff. When we did have problems , small or large all the staff from the front desk to the concierges were only too willing to help us out. I would highly recommend the PPCH, great hotel in a great location with fantastic staff.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank KagoshimaJohn
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Dear KagoshimaJohn,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review. Thanks to your review, Tripadvisor readers can have a sample of what really Park Plaza County Hall is: a great hotel with an amazing friendly and helpful team. Looking forward to see you and your students next year!

Kind regards

Brandy Dragan
Senior Guest Relations Manager
Belfast
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My daughter and myself spent three nights in this hotel and could not find fault with it. Staff were very professional and helpful, service perfect and rooms big enough and spotless.We expected long queues for breakfast but only had to wait a few minutes to be seated and breakfast was worth the wait, simply delicious.Location is perfect
and easy to visit attractions from. We had a fantastic time in London and the stay in the hotel added to this.Overall a great place to stay. Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed April 2012
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Bernadette D,

Thank you for deciding to spend that special time “Mother- Daughter” with us. I am happy that you had a lovely time with us and definitely looking forward to welcome you again.

Kind regards