Park Plaza County Hall London
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
7,959 results
All reviewswaterloo stationlondon eyebig benstudio roomsouth bankthe sofa bedthe penthousekitchen areasmall kitchenettecity viewwestminster abbeynespresso machineexcellent locationan upgradefantastic hotelmini barbooked this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Great hotel. I stayed her with my girlfriend for 2 nights. This hotel is close to Big Ben, the London Eye and central London. There is so much in walking distance. Nice and clean, definately would recommend to anyone staying in London.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidM1914
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear DavidM1914,

Many thanks for your great review and recommendations.

We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

No frills hotel that is in a great location. Walking distance to many fabulous spots if one doesn't mind a longer walk. And plenty of buses and subway to chose from. Make sure you get your Oyster card for ease of travel. Free laundry room at the basement although you will have to contend with other guests who will sometimes take your laundry out of the dryer before it ends.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank C_James06

Dear C_James06,

Thank you for your review. We have a wonderful location (minutes away from London’s most important attractions), therefore I am happy you enjoyed it. Great to hear as well that you used our self-laundry facilities. We are actually one of the very few hotels in London that offer this service.

We hope to see you again when you are next in London.

Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel and very clean one I have been with my 2 kids the staff was really freindly and kind but the break fast was uhhhhh and very boring the same food every day. The hotel is far from the center.

Dear Maryam,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear you and your children enjoyed your time with us. With regards to the breakfast I have shared your comments with our Executive Chef and rest assured that he will look into options to continue improving our breakfast variety.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

As a wheel chair user I find hotels usually fall into two groups, some proved so many adaptions to the rooms they look like a children's play ground or they provide nothing. Karen and her team at the Park Plaza County Hall have a most refreshing alternative, after a wonderful warm welcome, they simply asked me to tell them what adaptations I needed once I had seen the room. Our room turned out to be a beautiful junior suit, with a fantastic view across London, it was perfectly laid out for a wheelchair and easy to get around. The only alteration I requested was a shower seat and this along with an emergency call bell was fitted without any fuss before we had finished our first coffee from the espresso machine and started unpacking. Room service was swift and friendly and the pizza was spot on. If you are visiting London and are a disabled visitor (or not) I would recommend that you put the Park Plaza at the top of your list.
Many thanks to Karen and all her staff who made another stay in London perfect.

Room Tip: Higher floors on the river side have fantastic views across London.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Justin and Emma,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted to know you had a perfect stay with us. Karen and the team were thrilled to hear your comment and are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We arrived at the Park Plaza across the road initially and were advised by reception they were overbooked and yet there were 10 rooms free. He advised me to go to the business centre and book a room online and then return and he can give me one of those rooms, I did this but all the rooms had gone so I booked one across the road at the county hall.

Check In - this was pleasant and all the staff were busy but still very professional.

Location - ideal, you are 2 minutes from the Thames, Big Eye and Westminster bridge.

Room - we were on the 7th floor (720) had an internal looking window (blessing in disguise due to the weather being so hot). Our room was spacious and modern with a hint of 1940's vintage through some of the furniture pieces - the shower room was excellent, nice powerful shower clean and tidy.

- That said, the room was boiling and we couldn't seem to get the temperature down and the mattress seemed to insulate our heat and my wife nearly passed out, I went down stairs to enquire and was informed its because its been hot - end of ! - we ended up sleeping on the floor by the shower room with the shower on freezing cold !!!!

Restaurant - we arrived back to the hotel at 8pm and I asked reception what their earliest and their LATEST table was, I was advised it was 8.15pm !!! which gave us 15 minutes to get ready. We accepted it begrudgingly and dashed to get ready, my wife went down stairs first as she was ready before me and then I turned up 10 minutes after her.

I sat down, the offensive language coming from the coming next to us was terrible and when I surveyed the room it was 90% empty and looked more like a cafe then a restaurant.

Having already been slightly annoyed about having 15 minutes to shower and get changed, having to listen to an old couple arguing and swearing and then realising we are sat in a cafe and not a restaurant was my final straw and we walked out.

We tried to inform the hostess but she didn't understand what I was saying so it was pointless to try and invest any time in making her understand.

We went out and had a lovely meal and a few cocktails, we returned and had a drink outside and they even managed to mess up my drink order not once but twice - I only wanted a Hendricks and tonic with some cucumber, not vodka and lime or gin and bitter lemon !!

So lets get the facts straight !

We paid £229 for a room were we had to sleep on the floor by the shower just to avoid passing out, we rushed to get to a restaurant that was empty and then to be seated next to an offensive old couple who loved the f word - tried to complain but wasn't understood.

Please expect a letter of complaint to sent - It would of been easier for me to stay in my car, at least it wold have been better then the floor and actually had air con !!

Stayed: July 2013

Dear Mr. TooTrue,

Thank you for your review. I was very upset when reading your comments with regards to your stay with us and would like to personally speak with you about all occurrences mentioned. This is not the service we pride ourselves of delivering at Park Plaza County Hall, therefore I would be very grateful if you have a moment to discuss with me your experience at our hotel. You can reach me on ppchgrm@pphe.com or on 02070211800, ext.4000.