“Great Hotel in Great Location”

Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #243 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We,ve stayed at this hotel twice now. April and Oct this year. We are a family of four, children aged 9 & 12. The hotel is in a super location, walking distance to so many attractions. It is very clean, the studio rooms are perfect. We were on the 11th floor the first time and had great views of Waterloo station, The Shard, The Oxo Tower, plus much more. The 2nd time we were on the 6th floor and had a view of the London Eye. It was a good but i would have prefered to be on a higher floor again. So i would recommend anyone booking to ask for an outer room and a high floor.The staff are friendly and helpful. The food is very good, a great choice.(Breakfast) My husband was celebrating his 40th and received a very nice bottle of red wine from Emily and staff. That was much appreciated. On arrival the children receive goody bags, one of the things they get are tokens to exchange for ice-cream or chocolate bars. There are 3 lifts, glass , sometimes they can take a little while ,but not too bad. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and attractions such as Big Ben, London Eye, London dungeons, London Aquarium, bowling and amusements, and much more. All in all a brilliant stay, we would definitely go back and recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Outer room and higher floor, 11th. Either looking towards the river and London eye or over Waterloo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank TEAMW12
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

TEAMW12,

I am very happy you could come and stay with us again and get a view of the London Eye this time, even though you were on a lower floor.

I am pleased you received the welcome gift and card from myself and the team and that your children enjoyed their welcome kids packs.

Thank you for your great review and I do hope you can come back again for a third stay!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Have stayed at this hotel a number of times when we visit London. It is in a great location to the majority of attractions. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the rooms that we have had for the last couple of stays have been excellent. The bonus for us as we come of a coach tour is the washing facilities. last but not least is "Big" Gary the doorman who is the most h4elpfull, friendly person you could come across. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Peter C,

I am pleased 'BIG' Gary is always on hand to welcome you! I agree that he is a welcome sight.

We do have great washing facilities for our guests - especially if you are with us for a while.

I am pleased you would recommend us highly - please do come again soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

It was our first trip to London as well as celebrating my husband's birthday and this hotel was fantastic. Great location to all tourist attractions, walking distance to the Underground Tube, and lots of nice restaurants nearby. Our favorite breakfast place was a French Patisserie - amazing food! As for the hotel, the staff was extremely friendly and quite helpful. I had an unfortunate incident when we were checking in that I realized my cell phone was not in my purse. I thought for sure someone had pickpocketed me while we were in line at the front desk. The concierge at the time took control and called my cell number and luckily the person who had my phone answered. The concierge asked him where he was and we walked together to get it. A young boy had found it on the street. Long story short I was so happy to get my phone back and was grateful to this man for taking the time to help me!! The hotel itself was lovely, clean, modern, and rooms were quite spacious. The added touch was because it was my husband's birthday the hotel sent a care package filled with bottled water and lots of snacks. We really felt like a king and queen with our 2 princesses!

Room Tip: away from the elevators so you don't hear the traffic - we were fortunate to be around the corne...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Larissa D,

WOW!!!

What a great review!!!

I am happy to read one of our team helped you to locate you phone and retrieve it!

I am pleased you enjoyed the gifts for your husbands birthday also!!!

I am sure we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Took my daughter for her Sweet 16, booked a room with breakfast. Hotel location was good close to two underground stations. Walking distance to Spamalot, The London Eye, Big Ben, and a Hop on and off tour bus. Next time I would ask for a room on higher floor with better view. We had inside room. The lifts were on the slow side and could get very crowded in the morning.
Other than that the only downside was that to step into the tub/shower was a high and wide wall. The width made it very difficult, add water and it is very slippery.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an outside wall higher up
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

redlafrance,

I am pleased you and your daughter could come and stay with us for such a special occassion.

Next time, please ask if we have rooms on a higher floor or if you can even upgrade to the next room category to enhance your stay, expecially for a special occassion!

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

The Park Plaza is not the most charming hotel, but it's practical and good for families or business travelers alike. The hotel is located a short walk from the river and the London Eye, as well as Waterloo station. Check-in was a bit chaotic on the day I was there. It would help to have some sort of queue rather than a mass of people congregating however they wanted. Once I reached a staff member, they were friendly but went way overboard in selling the hotel restaurants. It's their job, but it's annoying when you just want to check in and get on with it.

The room itself was functional. I was upgraded to have a small living room area and kitchenette, which is helpful. That said, this definitely isn't a cozy or romantic room. It's probably great for families or businessmen on extended trips.

It felt like the elevators were really slow -- perhaps they don't have enough elevators running at once, but it felt like we were always waiting and waiting and then stopping at every floor.

Overall I would stay at the hotel again for work, but it's not a place I would choose for personal travel, though the rates are quite reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

cillierabbit,

Thank you for your honest feedback.

I am sorry you checked in during a busy time for us - it can sometimes be busier in our lobby, especially if we have groups checking in on a particular day. We will use your feedback to look at ways we can improve. Thank you also for your feedback with regards to your room.

I do hope you are able to come back and stay with us again when you are next on a business trip in London.

Guest Relations Manger

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

I took my daughter and her best friend as a surprise for my daughters 9th birthday (she loves a show and to stay in a London hotel)
We arrived a bit early so our room wasn't ready, at this point my daughter didn't know we was also going to see a show, I explained to the receptionist what I'd planned and how I needed to get the girls changed, no problem she said here's the keys to the gym you can take the girls down there to get them changed.
Once the girls were ready the hotel doorman assisted us into a cab.
Upon our return we were shown to our room, I had mentioned to reception about eating in the restaurant that evening and reception telephoned me to arrange a suitable time slot.
The suit was lovely, spotlessly clean. We headed down to the restaurant and the staff there bent over backwards to make it special for my daughter (they also sung happy birthday to her) the meal itself was perfect, when my daughter decided she needed the little girls room halfway through our meal the waitress very kindly took her to show her the way.
Breakfast the next morning was also very nice. I can't find any thing about this hotel that I'm not happy with!
I would also like to say a massive thank you to ALL the staff of the hotel for making such a big fuss of my little girl and her friend, a birthday we will all remember for a long time!

Stayed: October 2013
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

sailsclo,

What a lovely review!

I have just shared it with our team and we are all so happy we were involved in making great memories for you all.

I really hope you can come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Ideally situated for sight seeing. Only 5 minutes walk from Waterloo Station and the Underground.
Staff extremely helpful and friendly. Good selection of food at breakfast. Meals in the Italian Restaurant very good.

As my wife has problems with sleeping we had asked for a quiet room and we were given a room on the 1st Floor which was excellent. No traffic noise whatsoever. Our room had tea/coffee making facilities, also a microwave and crockery/cutlery and an ironing board.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

PompeyLad7,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am pleased the team were able to provide you with a quiet room so that a good nights sleep could be had. I am also happy that you enjoyed your breakfast in particular!

I hope you can stay with us in London again - feel free to contact anyone of the team to make your next booking!