“Return visit”

GreenLeadersGold level
warrington
“Return visit”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Stayed at Park Plaza County Hall from 5th to 8th November. I have stayed at this hotel several times and in fact it is my preferred hotel when visiting London. For my purposes it is ideally situated, convenient for public transport and easy to find. As always the staff are without fault, nothing is too much trouble and I was greeted as a valued guest. The hotel is of exceptionally high quality, the rooms are comfortable, and the bar and restaurant are excellent. The breakfast available in the main restaurant is the best hotel breakfast I have ever seen. In the evening, the restaurant becomes an Italian eatery with a good selection of traditional italian dishes prepared by a skilful chef.
I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. Will always be my first choice in London!
Thankyou to the staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
andybaird

Thanks for the great review and its great to hear we are your hotel of choice when staying in London.

I have to agree the breakfast is the best hotel breakfast in London!!

Kind Regards

Bradley Werb

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,101)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tustin, California
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Celebrating the last day of our vacation/anniversary we decided to stay at the Park Plaza and we couldn't have made a better choice. I didn't want my stay to end.

Location:
Great location for all. 6 minute walk to the Waterloo tube station, London Eye, London Dungeon and plenty of restaurants. 11 minute walk to Big Ben and a more! Trust me when I say, " This is the place to be".

Rooms:
Our room was awesome! Spacious and clean, we were definitely impressed. We had a separate tv/lounge room with 24" tv and separate wet bar area. Bedroom area was also complete with a 24" tv. Free Wi-Fi. Bathroom was nice with a good sized tub and shower. Water pressure was great. I had a view of the tube station which was actually pretty cool. Full sized mirror included with a small closet. There is also a microwave in the bar area, which is rare so enjoy is needed. Overall, I loved the room.

Staff:
Park Plaza has some really top notch staff. Very helpful and considerate. Emily Abbam gave is the best treatment we could ask for. She made sure that we were greeted with the kindest welcome making sure that the staff knew we were celebrating our anniversary. Thank you so much Emily, you gave us a stay we will never forget. You can count on us coming back to Park Plaza. Also Peter the concierge was so helpful in directing us to the right places for dinner and setting up a cab for us in the morning. World Class operation here at the Park Plaza. Thank you all again!

Spa:
We decided to get massages that night and were surprised to see that we were able to schedule on such short notice. We also used the facilities such as steam room and shower room. Small but very nice.

Conclusion:
I wish we had more time to spend here. In my opinion, this is exactly what you want in a hotel. As an avid traveler and senior contributor to Trip Advisor, I am proud to put my stamp of approval on the Park Plaza County Hall London dam it!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a bigger room and I promise it will be worth it. Rooms are normally very small in London.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Maikolo,

Ahhhhh thank you sooo much for such a lovely review!

I am pleased I was able to give you a warm welcome and that my colleague Peter was very helpful.

Great that you enjoyed your room, location and spa!

This is one of my BEST reviews and I really hope you can come back and see us all again soon!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed overnight for our sons birthday! We were welcomed at reception and the children were given gift bags . The room was spotless and very large considering its in London. There were balloons in the room which was a lovely touch . The breakfast was superb too . This is a really family friendly hotel which I would have no hesitation in recommending. We'll be back too !!

• Stayed November 2013
SHARON D,

What a lovely review! I am so pleased that your children enjoyed their gift bags and the balloons our team could put in your room!

I agree we are a great family friendly hotel and I am thrilled that you would not hesitate to return!

See you again soon!

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

This is an excellent hotel, not what you expect so close to the centre of London. Large, spacious rooms, wonderful friendly service, beautiful breakfast, spotlessly clean and tidy. Would highly recommend and would not stay anywhere else in London.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Lcasey45,

I am pleased you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our location, service and breakfast in particular!

I hope you can stay with us again when you are next in London.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Booked 2 rooms for our birthday celebration weekend. The hotel was situated in a perfect spot, easy walking distance to main attractions and even closer was the option of the tube stations round the corner. The hotel placed us in rooms next to one another which helped alot. We had 2 suites on the 3rd floor. The layout of these rooms is fantastic with excellent kitchen facilities if you need them. Huge shower and seperate bath, complimentary robes, slippers and bottle of wine. A beautiful nights sleep was had by us all including my daughter who slept on the large sofa bed. Buffet breakfast was beautiful with attentive staff and quick service. My daughter absolutely loved the kids welcome pack. It was handy leaving our bags at check-out time and having the facility to collect them later that day. My daughter's leaving comment was " I would give them 10/10 for looking after Isobelle (her teddy) for me!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
biffa007,

Thank you for such a great comment!!! I am pleased we could accommodate your request with regards to having rooms next door to one another.

I will pass on your feedback to our Housekeeping team who enjoy looking after teddies for all the children who stay with us!

Please let me know when you are next coming to stay with us so that we can look after you!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed here for two nights, oh my goodness had the best sleep in a hotel ever. My fiancé had stayed here before but this was my first time. We had a studio room, what a great layout. But just so amazed at how well I slept and how rested I feel. Would definitely return. Thank you!

Everything else was fab too, lovely shower, big bathroom, excellent location etc. This will def be my London hotel in future, I won't even bother looking elsewhere.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor for a great view, we looked over the London Eye and Houses of Parliament.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
JJwoking,

AHHHHHH - What a great review and I am soo pleased to read you had the best nights sleep ever!

Thank you sooo much!

Please think of us when you are next in London!

London
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We were a party of 8 visiting London for a surprise party and had connecting rooms on the 10th floor, great views. In some hotels 4 people in a room can be cramped but not here, there was more than enough space and facilities for all of us. This is the 4th time at this hotel and every time has been a fantastic stay. The staff are very welcoming and helpful, I can not recommend this Hotel enough. Thanks to Simon and his team!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
vicentward,

I am so pleased that you had such a great stay with us and what praise indeed!

I will ensure your thanks are passed on to the whole team and we do hope to welcome you back again soon.