“Unimpressed”

Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #239 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I had great expectations for this hotel and have wanted to stay here for some time, however I was very disappointed by several things. On arrival the hotel looks good, but when we checked in it didn't seem very friendly. I have stayed in a lot of london hotels and first impressions are important. We were in room 410 and like I said, I was expecting great things, this hotel is not cheap and the pictures tell a different story. Our room had an internal view, so that was not nice, but the huge put off for me was that the bathroom has a frosted door! I'm glad we were only staying one night as I felt uncomfortable every time I used the bathroom. I can't understand why twin rooms have frosted doors, you'd hardly want a friend or opposite sex relative to see you sitting on the toilet or in the bath.
Anyway, other than that, the positives are that the room has a microwave, so that's a bonus, and although small, the rooms are pretty modern. Bathroom is nice but small, and bath is small. Breakfast very average.
Some staff were nice, the man who helped us check out was very helpful.
I wouldn't stay again, however we have stayed in the sister hotel across the road (park plaza Westminster bridge) and found this to be nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

kelly3times,

I am very sad to read that you did not find our team very friendly upon your arrival. This is certainly not what we want to read and therefore we will use your feedback to adress this.

I am also sorry that you did not find our bathroom doors to be very practical. The glass is completely frosted to ensure privacy for our guests, but I can appreciate your feedback.

I am pleased that you could positives about the room and that the team member who helped you when you checked out was friendly.

If you do decide to return to us in the New Year, feel free to contact me directly on ppchgrm@pphe.com as I would be happy to ensure a better stay is had in the future.

Merry Christmas from all the team.

There are newer reviews for Park Plaza County Hall London

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I really like the Park Plaza chain of hotels and County Hall is as good as their reputation. I stay for both business and pleasure. Nothing dfisappointed on this stay! Even though the breakfast queue was a 5 minute wait for a table, there are signs telling you of the expected wait-times around reception, we were offered orange juice and pastries while we waited - nice touch! I always check availability at County Hall first when looking for London hotels.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Debbie W,

I am really pleased to read that you enjoy staying in Park Plaza's and find that our hotel in particular has ensured you had a great experience!

Thank you for your review and I wish you a Merry Christmas.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Chosen for its central location and access to theatres, this turned out to be a great decision. Surprisingly we were given a free upgrade to a 7th floor suite, with separate lounge area and kitchenette, two TVs, etc. The kitchen facilities can save you money on dining out. Bathroom was great - clean, modern, pleasant, well equipped with soaps and so on, bath plus shower. The best feature of the room is probably its view - directly over Waterloo Station (not quite so great) and then across to the Shard and other tall buildings, very atmospheric at night, with big windows for full view. Fast lifts, friendly efficient staff at reception and elsewhere. Five minutes walk to Westminster and Waterloo tube stations or South Bank. We didn't try the breakfast for economy reasons; there are nearby shops and cafes. Free and effective WiFi. If I could find any fault it is minor quibbles like the bathroom basin 'plug' not quite working and the shower door leaking on to the floor, but these didn't really inconvenience us. Excellent value (we booked well in advance at fixed rate) and perfect for sightseeing or theatre-going couples. Everything a hotel should be. Go for it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Colin F

What a fantastic review!!

I'm so happy you enjoyed the views of city from your studio room with the separate lounge area to relax in.

We can’t wait to accommodate you on your next visit to London.

Kind Regards

Bradley Werb

Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed here 13th December for the weekend. Checked in and we were upgraded to Executive Suite! Wonderful hotel and the room was brilliant. We ate at the Italian Restaurant on the Mezzanine Floor and the food was excellent and the staff were exceptional without being over fussy. I would go back anytime. It was a really lovely experience. Every member of staff were, withoiut exception, very attentive and caring. They made a big difference to our stay. Would definitely recommend.

Smudge210252

Thanks for the great review!

I am so glad you had a wonderful weekend and that you were able to enjoy our Italian restaurant L'Italiano.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Kind Regards

Bradley Werb

Reviewed 15 December 2013

The Park Plaza County Hall is my favourite hotel to stay in London whilst on business. It has taken over from the Park Plaza Westminster next door. This is because it is more personal. The staff are very friendly and professional. The rooms are clean, comfortable and nicely decorated and the hotel has a calm and welcoming feel which is essential whilst away from home on business. The location is fabulous and importantly a safe walk from both Westminster and Waterloo tube stations. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

welltravelledhg,

What a fantastic review!!

I am sooo happy to read that you enjoy our personal touch here at Park Plaza County Hall and that the team are professional, yet friendly.

I agree that we are in a brilliant location, which really cannot be beaten and I do believe we will be seeing you again in the New Year.

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is about 5mins walk from Waterloo station. It's set back from the South Bank so doesn't have the views I thought it might. But the staff were pleasant, we managed to check in early, the decor of the room was clean and modern, and they kept hold of our luggage all day for us. It had those really soft pillows which meant I didn't have the best sleep, but all in all it's in a pretty good location and we got it for £92.50 in central London, there's not much to grumble about!

• Stayed: December 2013

Ukohacat,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay with us!
We do have a pillow menu available for our guests, just in case they want a choice.

I do hope you can stay with us again in the New Year!

Merry Christmas!

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Had a really good stay here, excellent location for sight seeing as I have never been to london before we could not of asked for a better location, 2mins from the london eye and big ben all sight seeing was within walking distance (in my opinion). staff were very friendly and the room was really good we had a 2 bedroom suit could not of asked for a better hotel, I have already book for my next stay!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

jesmigger

Thank for for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent experinece at Park Plaza County Hall.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found that all aspects of your stay met your expectations.

Many thanks again and we definitely look forward to your impending visit.

Blessing Tavaya