“Lovely hotel with great staff and brilliant amenities. Would Definitely recommend”

Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #236 of 1,068 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Stayed at the hotel before which was great but Second time round we were given a free upgrade which was brilliant! Had a fantastic view of London and the shard. The staff are extremely helpful and polite, especially breakfast staff. Breakfast is really good, wide variety! Rooms are clean and have everything you need. Room service was brilliant, maybe a tad pricey but very tasty! Would definitely stay here for a third time, great location for sight seeing!!

• Stayed December 2013
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Zahan5792,

I agree that we have such a wide variety of choices at breakfast and I am pleased we had everything and more for you to enjoy during your stay.

Great to read that you thought our room service was brilliant and that you will stay with us again for a third time!

Thank you for your review and Merry Christmas!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,095)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

my friend and myself with her her teenage daughter have just returned from a lovely 2 night stay in your fantastic hotel. on arrival we had a lovely warm welcome and we where over the moon to have a room over looking the london eye, i had emailed the hotel with my request for my friends 1st visit to london. so pleased the staff took the time to read and grant my request. our room was ideal for 3 ladies. plenty of room. split by the kitchen it was great. 2 tvs plenty of towels. stopping here made our holiday. location the best. i have stopped in the sister hotel park plaza westminster which is also excellent but for me the smaller hotel of the the same standard is ideal for me. loved the lifts. the breakfast staff a credit to the hotel. 5 stars from me.

Room Tip: always ask for a room with a view. well worth it.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
pottypink,

5 STARS FROM ME!!!

Exactly what we want to see!!! THANK YOU!!!

I am over the moon to see this review as are the whole team!

Have a great Christmas and thank you again.

Hants, UK
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed one night with my partner as we were going to the theatre during the week. We had a nice welcome at reception and had been upgraded to a superior room with living area. The room was fine and very clean and everything worked. The hotel is 10 minutes from Westminster and the West End so it is easy to walk there. We decided to have breakfast the next morning which was good value. The organic muesli was delicious and the staff were friendly and pleasant too.
The room temperature was good during the night and it the room was also very quiet which was good being so close to Waterloo. The price was reasonable so would stay there again.

Room Tip: You will need to ask for one on the upper levels to get a view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Carrieradiostar,

Thank you for your reveiw.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you particularly enjoyed our organic musesli!

We look forward to welcoming you back in 2014!

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My wife and I and 4 year old daughter stayed in a studio room for 2 nights. What really makes this hotel is the staff, everyone we met was so friendly and welcoming, especially to our daughter. There was even a free pizza making activity for her on Saturday afternoon with no parents allowed in the kitchen - although we could look! The breakfast is great value for money and the room was superb. The location is right in the thick of the tourist London sights so easy walking. We have stayed in many other London hotels but this will be our first choice from now on.

edhaysler,

So nice of you to make the ultimate compliment to say that the whole team are so friendly and welcoming!!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from us all!

Do make a few trips to see us next year!

Surrey UK
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Everything about our stay here was so fabulous. It was my birthday and we were given an upgrade to a studio room (amazing) as well as a hand written card and bottle of wine waiting for us. I work in a hotel for a national chain so I'm well aware of how little touches like these go a long way. Breakfast was wonderful, we opted for continental as we're not really into cooked breakfasts and what a selection there was. Even Belgian waffles with maple syrup- my absolute fave! Felt very spoilt and it made our weekend. James on reception was charming

SurreyUKLouise,

AHHHH sooo happy your had a fabulous stay with us and that we could provide you with a memorable Birthday stay with us!!!

I will pass on your lovely feedback to my colleague James, thank you.

I do hope you are able to come and stay with us again soon.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I had great expectations for this hotel and have wanted to stay here for some time, however I was very disappointed by several things. On arrival the hotel looks good, but when we checked in it didn't seem very friendly. I have stayed in a lot of london hotels and first impressions are important. We were in room 410 and like I said, I was expecting great things, this hotel is not cheap and the pictures tell a different story. Our room had an internal view, so that was not nice, but the huge put off for me was that the bathroom has a frosted door! I'm glad we were only staying one night as I felt uncomfortable every time I used the bathroom. I can't understand why twin rooms have frosted doors, you'd hardly want a friend or opposite sex relative to see you sitting on the toilet or in the bath.
Anyway, other than that, the positives are that the room has a microwave, so that's a bonus, and although small, the rooms are pretty modern. Bathroom is nice but small, and bath is small. Breakfast very average.
Some staff were nice, the man who helped us check out was very helpful.
I wouldn't stay again, however we have stayed in the sister hotel across the road (park plaza Westminster bridge) and found this to be nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
kelly3times,

I am very sad to read that you did not find our team very friendly upon your arrival. This is certainly not what we want to read and therefore we will use your feedback to adress this.

I am also sorry that you did not find our bathroom doors to be very practical. The glass is completely frosted to ensure privacy for our guests, but I can appreciate your feedback.

I am pleased that you could positives about the room and that the team member who helped you when you checked out was friendly.

If you do decide to return to us in the New Year, feel free to contact me directly on ppchgrm@pphe.com as I would be happy to ensure a better stay is had in the future.

Merry Christmas from all the team.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I really like the Park Plaza chain of hotels and County Hall is as good as their reputation. I stay for both business and pleasure. Nothing dfisappointed on this stay! Even though the breakfast queue was a 5 minute wait for a table, there are signs telling you of the expected wait-times around reception, we were offered orange juice and pastries while we waited - nice touch! I always check availability at County Hall first when looking for London hotels.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Debbie W,

I am really pleased to read that you enjoy staying in Park Plaza's and find that our hotel in particular has ensured you had a great experience!

Thank you for your review and I wish you a Merry Christmas.