“Great Stay & Perfect Location”

Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #244 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed at the Park Plaza County Hall for one night in April 2014. While my trip was short in duration, the hotel was perfect in every way. The room was spotless, comfortable and extremely quiet - even though my room was on the 3rd floor and overlooked a major intersection. Location cannot be beat. The Waterloo tube stop is a short five minute walk away. As others have said, major attractions (Big Ben, Parliament, London Eye, etc. are all minutes away). Staff were very helpful and accommodating. The only hiccup was upon arrival at 11:30 AM. The lobby was packed with guests checking out and checking in. My room was not ready but I was assured that the staff would contact me (via text) as soon as it became available. Unfortunately, no one ever contacted me and I only learned that my room was ready after checking with the front desk several hours later. Overall not a big deal given everything else. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: I would request a room with a view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

gsptraveler123

Thank you for a great review.

I am so happy you chose to stay with us even for such a small time.

We look forward to seein you again soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Not only is the location superb (5 minutes walk from Big Ben, Londen Eye, 15 minutes from Buckingham Palace), the hotel also offers splendit accomodation.

Breakfast was excellent (a small cue every morning but who's complaining?) and above all: the staff was very helpfull and friendly.

In short: top holiday in a top hotel.

1  Thank TOM V

TOM V

I am glad you and your family enjoyed your holiday to London and the fantastic service we deliver at Park Plaza County Hall.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I found the hotel searching for a good spot for a family of four close to the London Eye. Booked a junior suite and upon arrival we were upgraded to a 14th floor penthouse which was wonderful. Great view of Westminster and the Eye. Microwave didn't work and was immediately replaced. Room worked very well with everything we needed and great spot right on top of Waterloo tube stop and the Westminster area. We had a 10pm flight out of Heathrow the next night and upon coming back to the hotel (post check out) we enquired about whether we could pay for a room for a few hours as the kids we flagging. We were given a room without charge despite our insistence. Staff were wonderfully helpful. Couldn't recommend this hotel more. Thank you!

3  Thank Wandering_Wombat

Wandering_Wombat

Thanks for the 5 star review!

I'm glad to see you enjoyed your upgrade to one of our amazing penthouse rooms overlooking the houses of Parliament and the London Eye.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future,

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed at the Park Plaza at the beginning of April. Lovely room - floor to ceiling window and great view of the Thames. It's a great location right by Westminster Bridge and Waterloo Station. The service was excellent and the breakfast was really good - great variety - plenty of it and super attentive staff. Thanks to everyone who made our stay so wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Simon H

Simon H

Thank you for another great review!

I am so happy you enjoyed your room and you had a great view towards the Thames.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We have recently returned from a 1 night stay at the park plaza county hall and can thoroughly recommend staying in. We were on the 11th floor and had a fantastic view of the Shard. The service throughout our stay was excellent especially when we had to wait for breakfast and they upgraded us to the executive lounge. The location is fantastic too, a stone throw away from Big Ben. The only reason i haven't given 5 stars is that the fridge in the room was too warm and had curdled the mil for the tea/coffee. Other than that our stay was fantastic and am already looking into booking again for another stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Louise G,

Thank you very much for your review!

It is really great to read of your stay with us.

I am sorry that there was some issues with the milk in the room and please rest assured that this will be looked into.

I do hope we can welcome you back again soon and a Happy Easter!

Emily Abbam

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We selected this hotel for its position, not too far from the finishing line.
WOW describes our overall experience.
Yes reception was busy but we did not have to wait too long to check in.
Our rooms... one double and a studio were well appointed and comfortable.
The Spa facilities are superb.
The staff are very courteous and helpful.
Food excellent.
We were very impressed with the Executive Lounge. The view over Westminster bridge is spectacular. The catering and quality of food exceeded our expectations.
We will definitely book again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

roseandbill

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay with us at Park Plaza County Hall. I am delighted to read you enjoyed our service, facilities, food and your appreciation of how well appointed our rooms are. I do hope that you have now found your permanent base whenever you visit the capital, and will come and stay with us again in the near future.

Blessing Tavaya

Reviewed 15 April 2014

It was a trip to celebrate my Birthday, I had stayed at this hotel last year, in a studio room which was fantastic. I knew my husband would like the room so I booked it again, I emailed the hotel to see if there was any chance we could have a nice view. From the minute we arrived the staff were wonderful, when we got to our room I was blown away, I was greeted with balloons, a Birthday card, bottle of wine and a truly amazing view. I was so pleased, we could see the London eye, Big Ben and Houses of Parliament.
The studio rooms have a lounge, kitchen area, bath and separate shower, I have stayed in chain hotels so many times but none as well appointed as the Park Plaza. It is in a great area with easy tube stops at Westminster or Waterloo.
It was a truly wonderful Birthday experience .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarthaKettering

MarthaKettering

Thank you very much for your positive impressions of the hotel. We try to really meet all the wishes of our guests, and it is great to see we have maintained our usual excellent standards in all areas for the period of time you have paid us visits. Best wishes from the entire team at Park Plaza County Hall and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Blessing Tavaya