“Great for businesss travel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #215 of 1,086 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Great for businesss travel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I travelled to London on business for 4 nights, Monday through Friday morning. The room was comfortable, very quiet, and had all the amenities I needed to rest after long days at the office. Room service food was prompt, served with a friendly face, and of good quality. Lots of closet/storage space in the room. Free wifi was great. The room was clean, the and the linen were soft and comfortable. Front desk staff friendly and competent. The location is fabulous - near my office, but also near parliament, Westminster Abbey, the London Eye, the aquarium and more. My only complaint is that the room had a view of the lobby restaurant instead of the amazing area, so i didn't get to see any London sights (or even check the weather) from my window. This also greatly decreased the privacy of the room - I had to keep the drapes closed for privacy reasons since restaurant patrons could easily look up and peer right into my room! For this reason my rating is 4 stars, not 5. I rrecommend this properly, but be sure to ask for a room with a real view so you can have some privacy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view that isn't the lobby restaurant.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Princess1043

Thank you for the TA review.

I am glad you enjoyed yourself at our hotel and I am sorry you were allocated one of our internal facing rooms.

If you are ever with us again try to book a studio or higher category as these are double the size of the superior double rooms and also have amazing views!!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,066)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

As a traveller, what do you expect in a hotel? My list would would include location, proximity to public transport, quality service, efficient front desk, friendly concierge, good food, and value for money. Well, you get all this and more when you stay at Park Plaza, County Hall. The rooms are comfortable, spacious and have nice views. I could see both the London Eye & the iconic Big Ben from my room on the 10th floor. Stunning location. The room service is nice and prompt. The food, without exception was nice and honest. You can see that there is eagerness in the staff to attend to your requirements. The overall service is nice and unobtrusive.
I have no hesitation in recommending this one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Higher Floor with a London Eye View.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AnuragRanjita
AnuragRanjita

Thank you for such a fantastic review!

I am so happy that every aspect of your stay was perfect and that as a regular hotel guest you have no hesitation in recommending us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I had recently stayed at Park Plaza County Hall for 2 nights from 29th April 2014. We arrived early and thankfully allowed to check in after a long journey to London, what with a tube strike being in place. Emily and the whole front of house team are a huge credit to your hotel and organisation. My trip to London was for my 40th birthday celebration, though the hotel was booked only the night before, they asked all the right questions, and when Emily asked purpose of stay, I got a very happy birthday from all the staff at checkin. We returned to our room later in the day to find a very nice bottle of wine and chocs with a card on behalf of the hotel wishing myself a very happy 40th birthday. This made my stay with partner all that better.

Emily Abbam and the team on the Tuesday are a huge credit to yourselves, and made my stay very enjoyable.

Paul Watson

Room 602

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anal0gare
Anal0gare

Thank you for a 5 star review!

I am happy to see my colleague Emily and the entire team looked after you and your partner as it was such a special occasion.

We look forward to seeing you for the next big celebration!

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a 1 night stay at this hotel, & felt the need to write a review straightaway.
The staff are an absolute pleasure, wonderful from front desk to cleaners, all very friendly and helpful. It was my fathers birthday & the hotel decorated our room with balloons & offered us a complementary bottle of wine to celebrate too. What an extremely thoughtful touch for such a busy hotel.
The room itself was fabulous, comfy beds & a luxurious bathroom. I will not hesitate to stay here again, location perfect for access to underground stations too. I am already looking forward to my next stay here.

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank DanielleB91
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
DanielleB91

Thank you so much for this feedback. We are all delighted to see you benefited from the 5 star welcome we aim to give our guests.

Thank you for the great comments recognising our excellent product and unbeatable location.

All the best from the team until we see you next time!

Kind Regards,

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

First time visitor to London, so I spent some time going through tripadvisor to find the perfect hotel for our weekend away, at first I was unsure if the comments were maybe OTT but as soon as you walk into the hotel you are made welcome. It was my girlfriends 40th birthday and when we got into our upgraded room we find it decorated with balloons, with bottle of wine and lovely card to wish the best. This is the first time I have commented on tripadvisor but due to our weekend I feel it is a must for those looking for top hotel in London. You are literally minutes from central London. There can be no better hotel in central London. Thank you for making weekend away perfect

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jbl1978
jbl1978

I am really happy that you and your girlfriend had such a relaxing weekend away. Once again on behalf of the team we wish your girlfriend a brilliant year ahead and we sure hope Park Plaza County Hall will be at the top of your list of places to stay next time you come to London.

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Just wanted to add my name to the many excellent reviews that this hotel receives. Great location and staff. Breakfast was an additional cost on our room rate but worth it for the excellent choice and quantity. Small bar but overall this hotel was probably more friendly than the sister hotel next door. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a studio room to get a view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank terry6395
terry6395

Thank you for the words of praise recognising our product and service offering. Your excellent comment has been shared with the team and we all look forward to your return visit!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is a good hotel very centrally located in Central London. Its on the South Bank of Thames less than 5 min walk from London Eye. Its a great location to visit the tourist attractions around and Westminister tube station is also not far. There are no views of Thames though. Rooms were clean though little cluttered. Breakfast was great and staff courteous. Only issue was with early check in that we requested and it took quite some time to get a room; also given that its so busy at that time of the day, it was chaotic and had to stand in queue time and again to check status.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank GT001
GT001

Many thanks for sharing your thoughts regarding you recent visit. I am sorry to see you had issues with early check in.

The hotel allocates all rooms on a first come first serve basis subject to any specific requests, with early check in heavily depending on the availability of rooms in the morning. Unfortunately, since our checkout time is 12pm and guests always want to enjoy their rooms a little longer, we are unable to guarantee early check in. In the majority of cases we are able to do this with no issues at all. However on the rare occasions that such a situation occurs, once the room is ready before 2pm, our team will send you a text message to inform as such.

The hotel does offer a left luggage facility to all our guests, so we are always happy to store your luggage while you go for a wander in the local area until the room is ready.

I hope the above information is helpful in planning your arrival on your next visit and we look forward to welcoming you again!