Park Plaza County Hall London
US$258
US$191
Priceline
8,013 results
All reviewswaterloo stationlondon eyebig benstudio roomsouth bankthe sofa bedthe penthousekitchen areasmall kitchenettecity viewwestminster abbeynespresso machineexcellent locationan upgradefantastic hotelmini barbooked this hotel
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We read a ton of reviews looking for a centrally-located hotel that would work well for our family. We stayed at the Park Plaza County Inn for 4 nights and had a great experience.

First, in case anyone else is stumbling off the plane and Tube and across crazy Westminster Bridge with luggage in tow, be aware that the first, big, round Park Plaza you see is the Westminster one. The Park Plaza is around in back of it. Still just as good of a location, but much smaller lobby.

Our son was given a pack of goodies and some cute little dollars to use at the bar to get treats. He absolutely loved this.

We love rooms that are split with a living area and bedroom. The kitchenette and bath are between the two with microwave and refrigetator and we were able to eat in one night thanks to this (excellent M+S had meals ready to heat, perfect on the way home from the Harry Potter tour). The bathroom was lovely but the shower pressure was abysmal - it was one of those things I kept meaning to ask them to examine or fix, but I never remembered to do so and thus I can't completely blame them. The bathtub was nice, though.

Other than water pressure, my only complaint was the difficulty of getting coffee, but as an American that may always be the case in London. The first morning, I went to the restaurant to get coffee to bring up to the room. After trying to maintain my composure at the $12 price tag for 2 Americanos, I found other options for the other mornings (Starbucks right around the other side by County Hall - not our favorite but better than $12!).

We would definitely stay there again - we absolutely love staying on the Southbank side of the river. Easy to walk everywhere from here, service was good, room was great.

Room Tip: While we didn't get the view of the Eye, we enjoyed the Waterloo view - cool to watch the trains come and go.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

bswag

Thank you for such a wonderful feedback, and glowing reference to both our product and service offering. Our aim is to make you feel truly at home, and I am glad to see we have achieved our aim.

I am sorry however to see that the shower pressure was not up to the standard you desired. Our showers are designed as rainfall showers, rather than pressure showers, to have a desired effect of lazy, heavy raindrops. A separate, handheld jet shower is also fitted to the shower, and I am sorry if this was insufficient too.

We appreciate the feedback, and I am delighted to see this did not spoil your overall experience. Please come and visit again next time you jet across the pond!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The location of this hotel is fantastic and the views from some parts of it are likewise. However, the beds are too small and the decor too tired to justify the price tag. The bar is also small and the dining room in the atrium fairly uninspiring. If you're not spending much time in the hotel then it's a great base but try and negotiate a good room rate!

Apart from the location the other big plus of this place is the staff are very friendly and help.

Room Tip: Stay at the neighbouring Park Plaza Westminster Bridge, newer, nicer and often cheaper.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

PKLH

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us at Park Plaza County Hall. I am delighted you found the staff friendly and helpful, but disappointed to see the rest of your stay was not up to expectations. The hotel is just over 8 years old and our rooms are fully equipped with a modern decor. I am surprised and disheartened you have found us uninspiring.

All Park Plaza properties have different decors and ambiences to appeal to our diverse range of guests, therefore I am glad to see you liked our sister property.

Once again I am grateful for your time in posting this review and very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The hotel has a good location close to Waterloo station. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. If you get a room with a view you will probably perceive the hotel as great. If you get a room facing the atrium on the lower floors, like us, it is not. A hotel room where you cannot tell whether it is night or day by looking out the window is depressing and doesn't justify to be called "superior room". This applies for a relatively large number of the guest rooms.

• Stayed: May 2014
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Rooney972

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to Park Plaza County Hall, however, I am disappointed to see this was not to your satisfaction.

I presume from your review that you stayed in one of our superior double rooms. We call these 'superior' rooms as we go above the normal amenities you would find in competitive hotels of the same category by providing extra features i.e. as a kitchenette which comes fully equipped with crockery such as plates, breakfast bowls, additional coffee mugs, cutlery, a convenient microwave, washing up liquid and tea cloths. As you have highlighted, the vast majority of our rooms (studios to penthouses) all have external views so the view would vary depending on the room type booked. We always specify in our description some of the superior rooms have atrium views, inorder to give guests the opportunity to book or upgrade to higher category rooms. I am sorry if this was not made clear at the time of booking, or if there was no opportunity to upgrade on arrival.

Should you stay with us again, I would advise you try our studio rooms and up. I trust this inconvenience will not put you off visiting us again, and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed here may 3rd/5th 14, was very disapointed with this hotel, for the price per night £240, you expect to get something special. The main bed smelt and the bed settee want made up, we had to ask them to come and clean the room the next day after we had been out and come back it still hadnt been done, we had to ask for clean towels ect tea and coffee sparce had to ask 3 times to be replenished, the staff appeared very stressed, on the morning of our departure we stripped the beds as we always do when staying anywhere, the mattress topper was very stained and smelt stale, it was very dissapointing.

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank rugby57

rugby57

Thank you for your review. I am very disappointed to read of what looked like a lack care and attention from our team. I would very much like to learn more about your stay in detail inorder to remedy your impressions of Park Plaza County Hall as I know we can definitely do better than this. If possible please feel free to contact me directly by emailing ppchgrm@pphe.com to discuss or indeed to arrange a more impressive second visit.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Booked 3 rooms at this hotel for my birthday celebrations. The warm and welcoming greeting we got as soon as we entered the hotel set the tone for the weekend. Had arrived early so we left our luggage with concierge and went out to enjoy the Southbank area which had lots going on with street entertainers, sand sculptors and international food stalls. The hotel is also only a few minutes walk to the London Eye.
On return to hotel I was delighted to find our room had been upgraded. The other 2 rooms were the original superior rooms booked, these turned out to be the internal rooms that overlooked the restaurant area (no external windows). Family members staying in them had no complaints. Upgraded room was lovely with large double aspect windows and views of Big Ben, London Eye and the Shard. I was further delighted that it had been decorated with balloons and a bottle of complimentary wine provided. Bed was really comfy too.
Breakfast was good however we were not aware that booking B&B does not entitle you to hot items from the breakfast buffet, you have to pay an additional £3.50 for a full english.
The location is great for getting around and seeing the London sights. The staff were helpful and friendly throughout our stay. Couldn't have asked for more to make it a special weekend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

PAP560

Thank you for a lovely review.

We are very happy you enjoyed your birthday weekend and we were able to set the tone for the celebrations.

We look forward to seeing you all for the next birthday weekend!!

Kind Regards