“Fantastic Hotel, close to the London's Eye!”

Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #239 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 May 2014

this is a very good hotel in London, and close to many place, and you can walk by the thamis river; taste a lot great small cafes or restaurants along side the river bank. all the staffs are so polite, and when i got there I got upgraded to a Studio what it is was a larger room... I was impressed since most of hotels's rooms are small all over Europe.
I am sure you will enjoy your Stay there!! Ahh!! it is very close to the Waterloo Station!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Marcilio C

Thank you so much for the positive review! Best wishes from the team at Park Plaza County Hall and we look forward to welcoming you again.

There are newer reviews for Park Plaza County Hall London

Reviewed 13 May 2014

our party of 14 stayed at the hotel last weekend it was excellent inevery way

superb accommodation the rooms had everything we needed

lovely food and excellent staff we will not be staying anywhere else in London

and the location is fantastic thanks to all concerned

Room Tip: corner rooms were great
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

helen w

We are all glad to see we met and exceeded your expectations. On behalf of the whole team here at the hotel, thank you and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I seriously cannot explain how amazing this hotel was.

Although I only stayed the night, the service was excellent.

My room was incredible. I had the deluxe double which had a small kitchen, a large living room with leather sofa and a very comfy bed.

Being on the 12th floor gave me a really good view of the skyline.

My only tiny gripe is that the bed and sofa should have switched places. Having the bed by the door meant you could hear the busy lifts working and people walking past. I noticed it had been the other way round at one point and think the changes let the room down but overall it was incredible and worth much more than I paid.

It was near the tube and waterloo station.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Lisa2108

Thank you for your positive review following your recent stay with us at Park Plaza County Hall. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed our service, facilities and the views. I am sorry to note that your overall experience was slightly tampered by the room layout. We do have some rooms that have beds by the window, and if you would like such a room please do not hesitate to contact us prior to your next visit and we will be happy to arrange.

Many thanks again and I do hope you will come and stay with us soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Park Plaza County Hall was advertised as being close to the tourist sights and we were not disappointed. Just moments away was the Westminster Bridge and London Eye. And only 5 minutes to the pier and underground/tube station which is very convenient for getting around.

We were lucky enough to get a free upgrade to a Junior Suite which had a view of the London Eye. Housekeeping stopped by everyday while we were sightseeing and always made the bed and replenished towels, coffee, etc. Only down fall was the bed, it was just not as plush as I like my mattress. But we still had a good nights sleep with no backaches or problems so maybe I am just being picky. Room was on the 6th floor and in the corner so it was very quiet. Lastly, the door to the bathroom was a sliding (frosted) glass door which I thought was odd. It didn't really give you much privacy as it didn't sit flush against the wall.

Staff was very helpful when asking for anything including plug adapters. They will put a hold of 10 GBP on your room in case you forget to return it. They also carry some in the vending machines on the bottom floor for 8 GBP. Luggage storage was awesome as we didn't have a flight out until 7 pm and checkout is at 12 pm. This enabled us to see Westminster Abbey and have lunch before we caught the train to the airport.

Room Tip: Junior suite on 6th floor had view of London Eye and was very quite. Higher floors could see Big Ben...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Jessica B

The team and I are absolutely thrilled that you found us matching and exceeding what you have seen advertised. I am delighted the team was helpful and efficient, as this is exactly how we want to be for our guests.

As you mentioned, the hotel has a left luggage facility, a service we provide complimentary for guests. I am happy to see you found this aspectct of your stay convenient for a hassle free journey back home.

Thank you again for your time in writing this review and please visit again soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

This hotel is one of the best ... End. I stayed here on Friday 9th and when we went to our room it did not have the city view I had paid for. One phone call and we were moved to a corner studio on the 10th floor which was wonderful and complementary breakfast too. This hotel always goes above and beyond to make things right for its guests, the best customer service ever . Thanks again we will be back .

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

matronmum

I am so happy to see that we, once again have met your expectations with our fantastic service. We always want our guests to go out of the door with fond memories of their visits, and I am delighted to see your concerns were swiftly and satisfactorily addressed.

Many thanks for your time and we look forward seeing you soon.

Kind Regards,

Guest Relations Manger

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We read a ton of reviews looking for a centrally-located hotel that would work well for our family. We stayed at the Park Plaza County Inn for 4 nights and had a great experience.

First, in case anyone else is stumbling off the plane and Tube and across crazy Westminster Bridge with luggage in tow, be aware that the first, big, round Park Plaza you see is the Westminster one. The Park Plaza is around in back of it. Still just as good of a location, but much smaller lobby.

Our son was given a pack of goodies and some cute little dollars to use at the bar to get treats. He absolutely loved this.

We love rooms that are split with a living area and bedroom. The kitchenette and bath are between the two with microwave and refrigetator and we were able to eat in one night thanks to this (excellent M+S had meals ready to heat, perfect on the way home from the Harry Potter tour). The bathroom was lovely but the shower pressure was abysmal - it was one of those things I kept meaning to ask them to examine or fix, but I never remembered to do so and thus I can't completely blame them. The bathtub was nice, though.

Other than water pressure, my only complaint was the difficulty of getting coffee, but as an American that may always be the case in London. The first morning, I went to the restaurant to get coffee to bring up to the room. After trying to maintain my composure at the $12 price tag for 2 Americanos, I found other options for the other mornings (Starbucks right around the other side by County Hall - not our favorite but better than $12!).

We would definitely stay there again - we absolutely love staying on the Southbank side of the river. Easy to walk everywhere from here, service was good, room was great.

Room Tip: While we didn't get the view of the Eye, we enjoyed the Waterloo view - cool to watch the trains...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

bswag

Thank you for such a wonderful feedback, and glowing reference to both our product and service offering. Our aim is to make you feel truly at home, and I am glad to see we have achieved our aim.

I am sorry however to see that the shower pressure was not up to the standard you desired. Our showers are designed as rainfall showers, rather than pressure showers, to have a desired effect of lazy, heavy raindrops. A separate, handheld jet shower is also fitted to the shower, and I am sorry if this was insufficient too.

We appreciate the feedback, and I am delighted to see this did not spoil your overall experience. Please come and visit again next time you jet across the pond!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The location of this hotel is fantastic and the views from some parts of it are likewise. However, the beds are too small and the decor too tired to justify the price tag. The bar is also small and the dining room in the atrium fairly uninspiring. If you're not spending much time in the hotel then it's a great base but try and negotiate a good room rate!

Apart from the location the other big plus of this place is the staff are very friendly and help.

Room Tip: Stay at the neighbouring Park Plaza Westminster Bridge, newer, nicer and often cheaper.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

PKLH

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us at Park Plaza County Hall. I am delighted you found the staff friendly and helpful, but disappointed to see the rest of your stay was not up to expectations. The hotel is just over 8 years old and our rooms are fully equipped with a modern decor. I am surprised and disheartened you have found us uninspiring.

All Park Plaza properties have different decors and ambiences to appeal to our diverse range of guests, therefore I am glad to see you liked our sister property.

Once again I am grateful for your time in posting this review and very much look forward to welcoming you back.