“Park Plaza County Hall - best bed in London”

Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #239 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was initially a bit dubious about this hotel because I saw it was on a main road in Waterloo, which isn't the best area of London. Actually, it is so close to the South Bank attractions area (County Hall, London Eye, London Aquarium, Royal Festival Hall, National Theatre, Hayward Gallery etc) that it couldn't be more perfect.
The hotel is very smart indeed.
The reception staff were outstanding: cheerful and friendly without being too intrusive or over-familiar.
I had an excellent room, a one bedroomed studio. Absolutely stunning. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept on. A small kitchenette, wonderful bathroom which included a bath and double shower; and comfortable lounge area.
I could not fault the hotel.
I stayed at the hotel as I needed to be in London for a meeting, and I haven't been able to book in again since, as the hotel has been out of rooms, which is a shame because I would stay here again for sure.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Saraplattsy

Thank you for the excellent review, I am thrilled to see your decision to stay with us was more than justified by the excellent service, location, and how well appointed our rooms. Though we are a busy hotel because of our popularity and location, I am very hopeful we will soon get another opportunity to welcome you!

There are newer reviews for Park Plaza County Hall London

Reviewed 11 June 2014

As a regular hotel guest, it knocks you out when you get exceptional service. The thing with the Park Plaza County Hall is the whole staff seem to be on a mission to give exceptional service and they do it spectacularly well. The rooms are excellent we had a studio with views overlooking the Eye (not all of them do so you need to ask for that option). The bedroom, lounge with the sofa bed was very comfortable, the tiny kitchen area microwave and part of the fridge was all we needed for a weekend stay, the overall room standards, bathroom, tv's, internet connection was very good. The breakfast was superb, the choice, quality and attentiveness of staff exceptional. What else can I say other than we will definitely be back

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Eye if they have one available. Floors 5 and above have the best views but if...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Mike P

Many thanks from everyone here at Park Plaza County Hall for recognising the tireless but excellent service the team are always working hard to deliver. This is exactly the kind of feeling at the core of what we work towards as a team. We are all thoroughly grateful for the recognition and can't wait to welcome you again!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed for 3 nights, 2 adults & 2 children. We choose this hotel due to the kitchenette facilities. The room was spotless & spacious with plenty of storage space. Although we overlooked the main road we didn’t experience any traffic noise.
Staff were very helpful & attentive.
We extended our room for additional hours which was great as our flight wasn’t until late evening, the price was £10 per hour but you need to book it a day in advance.
The London Eye, Aquarium & Dungeons are a 5 min walk away, Waterloo tube station is 10 mins, if you access this via Waterloo Road there is a Sainsbury’s local store.
We ate in the restaurant twice, both times I have mixed views on. Breakfast was £15 per head and children are free. Food was good but way overpriced. We ate here on Sunday evening and again the food was good but way overpriced, my brother had joined us, he ordered a rib eye steak & chips from memory I think it was £19.95 when it came it looked more like a minute steak with 4 chips on the plate. Needless to say we were still hungry when we left, we did complain when settling the bill and the hostess was shocked and horrified claiming that no-one had ever said they left feeling hungry. Beware there is also a 12.5% service charge added to the bill.
I would highly recommend the hotel for location and facilities but as far as food goes there’s plenty of restaurants in the surrounding area to choose from.
We never used the health leisure during this stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

shaun732014

Thank you so much for your great feedback following your stay with us. I am delighted to note that you enjoyed our rooms and the excellent service, and that almost everything met your expectations.

I'm very sorry to read that you found the quantity and pricing of our restaurant food unsatisfactory. We regularly compare our prices with similar properties to ensure the best value for our guests so again I apologise you found us to be expensive. I am pleased though that you enjoyed the food offered.

On behalf of the team we thank you again and we hope to welcome you and the family back soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here 2 nights with my ex husband and our kids, I chose this place because I wanted a hotel with a great location with a bar and a balcony that would comfortably sleep 4. Easier said than done.

So finally I decided on one of the penthouses here.

Was it pricy? Yes, a wee bit. But I wanted the space so we weren't all falling over each other in the room.

So let me sum this up, I have never given a 5 star rating before, so that may tell you something about what I thought of this place. Being a first trip overseas for both my kids and my ex, but my fourth. I wanted a memorable family vacation, and room 1408 was worth every penny. We had one gorgeous evening, and after a long day of walking the everyone was tired, but we had the most amazing evening just relaxaing and enjoying the view with a bottle of wine and the kids were just enthralled with the view.

Location was excellent, service was excellent, consierge was excellent. Food at the bar was good (not great for the price) but then it might have been amazing in British standards.

Would I stay here again, probably not, the family element was my primary motivator. Would I refer this hotel - in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Polo789
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Polo789

Thank you sooo much for choosing Park Plaza County Hall and for writing such a positive review.

I am glad to see that choosing us for your visit to London was a brilliant idea! Indeed the views from 1408 are breathtaking.

We invite you again for longer to relax and have fun in our hotel!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Good studio style rooms (mainly - some normal size) mean this is a good option for the longer stay in London.

Studios have sitting area and small kitchen facility as well as decent bathroom and comfortable bed. Rooms are well sound proofed for outside (but those close to lifts can suffer from noise of other guests and housekeeping

Well situated for all that the South Bank has to offer (London Eye, restaurants, National Theatre etc.) and easy walk across the bridge to Westminster.

Tube and bus close by.

Decent gym with sauna and steam room

Room Tip: stay away from the lifts
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank PJT99

PJT99

I am glad you enjoyed your visit to Park Plaza County Hall and found that all aspects of your stay met your expectations. Many thanks from the team and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel is fantastic. From here, it's a 5 minute walk to Waterloo and the London Eye, 10 mins to Westminster. You can even walk to Covent Garden in 20 mins.
The rooms were very clean and modern. One note of caution is that many of the rooms look out onto the internal courtyard where the bar/restaurant is located. Although I could hear no noise, I could see people eating dinner from my bedroom window. This freaked me out so I got a room change.
My request was dealt with without fuss. I can't comment on breakfast as my rate wasn't inclusive and rather than pay £14, I can recommend cafes in Lower Marsh which is leads than 2 min walk away.
Good value for such a central location.

• Stayed: June 2014

gmc01_10

Thank you for the great comment. I am delighted your request for a room change was quickly and efficiently dealt with - this is what the team here is all about. Best wishes from the entire team at Park Plaza County Hall!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

The Park Plaza County Hall has all the basics covered: clean, comfortable accommodations, at a reasonable cost, just a few minutes walk from Big Ben and the Eye.

Where they shone for us, however, was the way they handled a problem which was not even under their control. They arranged for a car to pick up my wife at Heathrow. The driver messed up almost everything he could: time, location...he even wanted my wife to wander around looking for him, rather than attempting to make it to the usual spot where drivers meet their passengers. A quick phone call to the concierge resulted in an immediate replacement, sincere apologies, and a compensation arrangement that was more than fair. This professional and helpful attitude seemed to be the norm for the entire staff. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Junior suites are great, and there's a Tesco Express across Westminster Bridge if you want to ta...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank B F
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Super_Sixth

I am thrilled to read your positive feedback following your stay at Park Plaza County Hall. I am so happy to read your kind words regarding our concierge team, and recognising their hard work in ensuring the guest's journey to and from the hotel is of a high standard. We are all delighted you had a wonderful stay. Please do come back and see us again!

Kind Regards,