Park Plaza County Hall London
US$308
US$285
Travelocity
7,955 results
All reviewswaterloo stationlondon eyebig benstudio roomsouth bankthe sofa bedthe penthousekitchen areasmall kitchenettecity viewwestminster abbeynespresso machineexcellent locationan upgradefantastic hotelmini barbooked this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Great staff, great room, great view, great location - all great! Booked the PP County Hall when my usual property was subjected to next door construction, and glad I moved. The County Hall staff was superb, endlessly helpful and pleasant. I loved my room with a view (see photos) - paid extra for the view and it was worth every penny. I kept the shades opened at night just to keep my eye on the Eye. The only caveat is this: the PP County Hall is definitely "family friendly." There are lots and lots of families and lots and lots of kids - at breakfast, in the lobby, in the elevators and in the halls. Yes, it's IS possible to do business in the hotel but the frantic family chaos can be a bit off-putting if you're trying to focus... By the way, I was told that the rare multicolored night light show on the Eye was in celebration of Gay Pride day. Glad I had a front row seat for the rainbow.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SantaFeB
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

SantaFeB

Thank you for the great feedback following your recent stay with us at Park Plaza County Hall. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed our service, facilities and most importantly the smaller details that set us apart from other hotels. I do hope that you will come and stay with us again in the near future soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel because we needed to be close to Waterloo Station, a main station for the trains to south-west (Windsor, Hampton Court Palace, Kew Gardens etc.). I would otherwise never choose this unattractive location.

The hotel, however is very decent but with a mediocre desing and lack of any charisma. We had a junior suite (with extra sofa, microwave, coffe machine and basic cups, plates etc., probably very useful for families) on upper floors with a view over Waterloo Station. The room and the hotel in general was very quite and the sleep quality excellent. The hotel was clean, the employees efficient and nice. The bar near the reception is mediocre, there is practically no lobby or reception area where one could sit for a minute without being forced to order a drink. The drink in the hotel bar is overpriced.

In sum, there are many hotels in that price range (300 GBP per night, reserved through Expedia) in London in a more attractive location. Plus side is definitelly the cleaniness, quiteness, at least on floor 13, and the professional staff.

Room Tip: Take a room on upper floors with a view, not couryard rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GANESHA

GANESHA

Thank you so much for your constructive feedback following your visit to Park Plaza County Hall.
I am delighted to note that you gave us top marks for sleep quality, service and cleanliness as these are clearly very important factors when selecting a hotel. I believe our prices are very competitive compared to similar hotels in London. I realise there is much choice when visiting the capital, but am glad you ended up choosing.

On behalf of the team, we thank you again and look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was a very good hotel but I think I would have been happier paying a bit more and staying in a room with an external window and/or elsewhere. Our room had windows facing into the open atrium area, so one really needs to keep the curtain closed (and it's not pretty looking across to a hallway and door anyway). The room was quite small though very adequate. The bed was soft and comfortable. The pillows were too soft (!) and as it turned out there is a pillow menu but this was in the bedside drawer (seen as we were leaving). The mini bar fridge has automatic charging, so if you take out a bottle to see what it is, you will be automatically charged for it. Not a good system in my view. Wifi was excellent and aircon could be properly controlled. The bathroom was good though the shower over the bath could be a problem for older people as it was quite high to step out of. Breakfast was a good full buffet with cook to provide egg dishes, but be prepared to wait in a queue as the process of ticking guests off and showing them to a table is unnecessarily slow. The china was very basic and I often noticed dirty plates (i.e. cleaned but still with remnants of food from past meals caked on). Reception is busy and I chose to pay in my home currency. This was an error that cost me an addiitonal $150. The hotel's currency exchange rate is clearly much lower than a bank and is a matter I will be taking up with the hotel management. The hotel is well located and many buses take you to Westminster Bridge. It is nontheless a bit of a problem trying to cross the road and taxis have to go further on and come back to access the hotel coming from the south or east direction. There is no car pull in area - taxis stop in bus areas outside the front of the building.

Room Tip: Pay extra to get a room with an outside view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Ragamuffin999

Thank you for taking the time to share a detailed review of your stay here at Park Plaza County Hall. I appreciate your effort in highlighting areas of concern to you and apologise you found other aspects of your stay not to our usual high standards.

For sure we provide a pillow menu which allows our guests the flexibility of choosing their pillows, from hard/ soft to feather/foam. I am sorry you only managed to see this on your way out!

Our minibar system is indeed operated by electronic sensors which are touch sensitive. Warnings are clearly displayed to this effect and we believe this is the most efficient way of billing our guests, without the need to manually check what has been consumed, which could potentially cause unwelcome delays. An alternative storage area is provided next to the minibar, which is handy for storing any personal items.

I do agree that for the best views you may need to book studio rooms and upwards. These rooms have separate baths and walk-in showers, same as all our accessible rooms. These pose no challenges at all to anyone with limited mobility.

We provide options for guests on checkout to pay in pounds or in their local currency, with our exchange rates clearly displayed on the desk. If there was an error which resulted in extra costs for you I trust this will be efficiently resolved.

Once again we are grateful for your time and effort in writing this review and very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The little things are what make this hotel "average." Like the wireless internet, which only worked during the few hours they were having a conference on our floor. Coincidence? Or the attitude of the staff. On the other hand, the restaurant is great and the bar has an outdoor seating area where you can smoke and entertain yourself by reading the funny advertisements on the bus.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Ucan2can78

Thank you for our constructive feedback regarding the wireless internet we provide. We recently changed our service provider and since then we have had nothing but great feedback regarding this amenity. I would like to assure you the failure to work was in no way connected to whether there was a conference or not. Regardless, I am well aware this is an important amenity for our guests, and I am sorry you found the service inadequate.

My sincere apologies once again and I do hope to welcome you back to Park Plaza County Hall.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great location. Great view (ask for high floor and facing London eye). Took a suite and was comfortable for 2 adults and 2 kids who slept on a pullout. Great coffee machine with nice selection included. Modern. Breakfast was included and was great. You can walk to the London eye in 2 minutes or across the bridge and be at Big Ben in 5 minutes. 24 hour mini supermarket around the corner. Vending machines for adapters in the basement. Well trained polite and available staff. 10 minute walk to great fish and chips , Masters.

Room Tip: high floor above 10 and London eye view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Barry P
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Barry P

Our main aim is to exceed guests' expectations and I am glad to hear that we have achieved our goal. Thank you for pointing out the excellent facilities provided in our rooms, and the attitude of our well trained team who are always going above and beyond. They are a true asset to the hotel!

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,