8,229 results
All reviewswaterloo stationlondon eyebig benstudio roomsouth bankthe sofa bedthe penthousekitchen areasmall kitchenettewestminster abbeynespresso machineexcellent locationan upgrademini barfantastic hotelbooked this hotellovely room
Reviewed 16 July 2014

A very good place for families in London. Kids for free with 2 adults. Close to London Eye, London Dungeon and Big Ben, Parlament. This is a very new and modern hotel, with stunning view from rooms at top floors. Good restaurant and English breakfast

Room Tip: Try to get rooms as high up as possible. Less traffic jam and better view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jovik
PPCHLondon, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Jovik,

Thank you for the fantastic review. As a family focused hotel we do try to ensure that all our guests have a great stay with us and are aware that most families like a hotel that is modern and centrally located. With our room locations I agree the higher rooms which are executive rooms do have great views over the city.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regard

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Chose this hotel purely from TA feedback as was struggling to find a hotel for 2 adults and 2 children in London that didn't require us to book 2 rooms (and therefore double the price). It also appealed as it had great family friendly feedback. Cost us 239pound per night (doubel that for Aussie dollars!).

Door man/men were friendly and welcoming - every single time and their colleagues in concierge/portering helpful too.

Overall the Front Desk staff I found to be efficent but definitley not friendly. They didn't smile or appear happy. In fact they were seemed rude and disinterested (both on check in and check out) On check in we were checked into a room that wasn't clean and had to return to Front Desk to be allocated another room. Altough I requested at time of booking, offering to pay extra, for a room with a view of the London Eye I was advised this wasn't possible?! The gift packs given to our daughters at check in were appreciated.

The second room we were given had 2 half drunk bottles of water in the fridge and the bin wasn't empty but apart from that the room was perfect. Clean with comfy beds and dark at night to allow good night sleep. Altough a request for firm pillows resulted in 2 more soft pillows being delivered and the in house movie system (particulalry the kids movies) didn't work during our stay, even after reporting it and a very polite aplogetice maintenance man coming to check it. Ironically we were still charged for the movies?

One of my reason for choosing this hotel (apart from the awesome location which allowed us to walk anywhere!) was the kitchenette. A month on the road and with no breakfast included I was keen to male healthy breakfast/snacks for the family. Crockery cutlery glassware and microwave were perfect. What I didn't understand was the that the fridge had signage (which was confirmed by Front Desk) that the fridge was not really a fridge (or words to that affect) and could not keep food cold/fresh. As I had bought cheese. yoghurt and milk this was disappointing - is it a fridge or not? and why have it in a 'kitchenette"? It was seperate to the mini bar fridge.

We ate in the restaurant in the hotel for dinner one night and the food was amazing, the service friendly and the children made to feel welcome - thanks to Gloria!

Finally I injured my arm prior to arriving and booked a massge with Ebony to try and relieve the pain. It was close to, if not, the best massage I have ever had - amazing!

Overall the property was well located, with transport nearby, easy to walk to places and heaps of great food, coffee and dinner options near by. Not sure if I'd choose here to stay again?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank lannycal

Dear lannycal,

Thank you for your review. I would love the opportunity to speak to you directly about areas of your stay at the hotel and if possible please contact me by email or telephone on pchgrm@pphe.com.

I have also passed your great comments to Ebony in regards to your massage. She was so delighted you spoke about here.

I look forward to speaking to you.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Lovely room, with sizeable bathroom, comfortable bed, living room and kitchenette. Great location in the centre of London, 4 minutes walk from the millenium wheel.

For the price, it perhaps lacked the wow factor though I only stayed for one night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank OutdoorsyG

Thank you for the kind words about the room, bathroom and bed. The hotels location being so close to many of London's landmarks does make it a perfect base while in London.

When in London again I hope you get the stay with us a little longer than one night and really enjoy the hotel and the surrounding areas.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Our family of 4 stayed 3 nights. Overall a great hotel but the strong smell of air freshener as you walked through the revolving doors hit you like a ton of bricks. Made us wonder if they were hiding something. Besides that, a great stay. Would have been even greater if the pull out bed wasn't so cheap. Very uncomfortable. But we didn't hear a peep while we were there which was a huge bonus! Hard to believe when we were in such a bustling location. Staff was absolutely wonderful. Nice breakfast! And the location couldn't be beat for us first timers to London.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AJR840

Dear AJR840,

Thank you for the review. The hotel has recently trailed a new scent for the public areas and your feedback is greatly appreciated.
All our Studio rooms have a queen size bed and a double sofa bed for families to enjoy. If the bed was not as comfortable please let us know and we can change the mattress for you as we do have different types to meet all our guests needs and preferences.
Thank you for the wonderful comments about the team and I will pass these on to them.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when in London again.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

This was a wonderful & accommodating classy hotel. The three of us fit well & loved the view! They have the best customer service. It is great for kids too! The staff was courteous & great with directions to local sites for tourists. The food was great and love how clean this hotel is! I will request to stay here on our next trip.

Stayed: February 2014

Dear Jennifer F,

On behalf of the team thank you for the great review. Its our aim to ensure that guests have a great stay and the areas you mention are great to read as it shows we doing it right.