Park Plaza County Hall London
Hotel 41(London)
US$880
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$185
galahotels.com
US$371
US$351
7,962 results
All reviewswaterloo stationlondon eyebig benstudio roomsouth bankthe sofa bedthe penthousekitchen areasmall kitchenettecity viewwestminster abbeynespresso machineexcellent locationan upgradefantastic hotelmini barbooked this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2010

Stayed at this hotel for 6 nights and had an excellent experience. Great location and within easy walking distance of Waterloo station and bus stops. The price certainly justified having a kitchenette in the room, where we were able to make breakfast each morning and pack snacks for the day. There was a grocery store "behind" the hotel on Lower Marsh. When our bar fridge quit working after day 2, we were immediately given a new room with a better view, no questions asked. The size of the room worked well for 2 adults and 2 kids ages 7 and 9. Most impressive thing - my daughter left behind a Peter Rabbit book and when we returned to the hotel 3 days later, housekeeping had found and saved the book much to my daughter's delight.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelBee66
PPCHLondon, General Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2010

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review on our hotel regarding your recent stay with us. I am so glad that you and your family had a wonderful stay and more importantly, that we were to locate and return your left items.

On behalf of Park Plaza County Hall, I would like to thank you once again for your time and hope to see you again soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 2 February 2010

I stayed here with my parents and children, age 7 and 3, and from the moment we arrived everyone was so kind and welcoming. It felt as tho' my best friend owned the hotel and everyone was told to expect us. I have always received polite and adequate service in London, but these guys really made my children feel special, and I left feeling like I'd had a week away not just two nights. The children got a bag of goodies each, including 5 vouchers to spend in the hotel. Later that eveing they spent them on fruit juice cocktails in the bar where the lovely barman took the time to talk to them about how exactly they would like their cocktail, and then later on gave them their own 'bill' to settle. They were glowing! The chef also has them into the kitchen to make pizzas that they eat later for supper [free!].
We also got upgraded to the best penthouse suite!! Now I'm a clean and decent sort of person, but I'm not massivly beautiful, or fabulously dressed...in fact mostly I'm a lttle bit scruffy....so how the heck we got the best room in the place, I'll never know.....but my goodness it was lovely: Views all across the city from a lovely, if scarily high up balcony that went half way round the building. My parents also got upgraded to executive rooms, which were also tasteful, comfortable and practical; nice to have a kitchenette to heat up last nights pizza! It is 3 minutes from Waterloo station, tho' you'd never know it, 5 minutes from a play park beneath the LondonEye, and 8 minutes from all the culture you could want at the Southbank centre. In short, I love this hotel, the staff really are wonderful, all of them, I'll never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family

Dear guest,

I would like to start off by thanking you for such a complimentary review! We strive to do 'Our Best for Every Guest' and on every occasion. So I am really glad that you experienced such an enjoyable stay! Thank you once again for your feedback. On behalf of Park Plaza County Hall, we look forward in seeing you again soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 31 January 2010

Plesantly surprised by this hotel, views amazing looking on to london eye and beyond, spectacular at night.
Staff all very friendly, hotel very clean, and girls who were cleaning all very happy, and friendly a very good indication of great leadership in that department, so well done to whoever is in charge.
Bar staff very accomodating, i would definately return

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm delighted that you found your stay to be so enjoyable and hope we will be able to exceed your expectations during future visits.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 28 January 2010

fantastic location, room and service. a great cocktail bar and the best view from any hotel room that I've stayed in for years

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed 24 January 2010

There are two things that impressed me immediately about this hotel - the location and the staff.
The location was perfect - at least from a tourist stand point. You are literally across the street from the London Eye and about a 10 minute walk (across the Westminster Bridge) to Big Ben and Westminster Abbey. I even walked to Buckingham Palace which was a little further but still well within walking distance.
The second thing that was notable was the friendliness and helpfulness of the hotel staff - everyone was wonderful and more than willing to help.
We stayed in a Standard Superior room (the cheapest room) and I have no complaints. The room was probably a little small by American standards but for London it was roomier than most. It was modern and clean with all amenities provided (hair dryer, iron). If I had to make any negative comments regarding the room, I would just caution anyone who is elderly from booking this room. The beds are low to the ground and the shower/tub has a very high enclosure that you have to step over which was challenging to both of us - and we are fairly young!
The only other negative is the fact that there is a charge to get internet access. Although on a nice note, if you want the internet and you don't have a computer, the TV is also a computer.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple