“Really good - but make sure you ask for the right room”

Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #239 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 September 2010

A great hotel, as many have said - conveniently placed for Waterloo, the London Eye and the South Bank. Plush, clean, and well serviced.

One little hint - the hotel encloses a kind of internal courtyard, where breakfast takes place. Some rooms have a window facing into this courtyard (others face outward and have a street view). Because the couryard is roofed your room will get very little natural light in through the window. If natural light is important to you, ask for a room facing outwards..

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
PPCHLondon, General Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2010

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I'm glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us overall. However, I'm sorry that you would have prefered an external facing room and also found that your allocated room lacked in natural daylight. As a result, we will be looking into possible solutions in order to resolve this. In the future, do let our teams know of your room requests prior to arrival and they will do their best to accommodate your needs.

On behalf of Park Plaza County Hall, thank you for your custom and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Simon Mahon

Write a ReviewReviews (7,700)

Reviewed 27 September 2010

After reading the reviews for this hotel I had very high hopes for it. While we enjoyed our holiday and would not complain about the stay, a couple of things did dissapoint.

Firstly we were made to wait more than 15 minutes at the front desk to be given a room on arrival; this after spending an exhausting day in London. The member of staff we dealt with was polite, but hardly reassuring as she kept trying to assign us a prepaid room only to come across problems which left her shaking her head and muttering to herself. This did not exactly give us a good first impression. Also we had to ask for the family gift pack which was promised. There is no explanation in the pack of how to exchange vouchers included for the promised goodies so I'm afraid they went unused.

The room was good and on the sixth floor we had an excellent view of the London Eye from our window, as requested. Some areas of the shower and furniture showed sign of wear but I feel that I'm being a bit "nitpicky" mentioning this. I was dissapointed however that the bedlinen for my son's sofa bed was not changed on the second night of our stay although ours was.

Its maybe not the best hotel for light sleepers as I heard a few noises from our neighbours during the night. On the positive side though the location was very good, less than 5 minutes walk to the London Eye and adjacent to Waterloo Station, from where we travelled to Legoland Windsor. There are a few chain restaurants in the County Hall complex across the road otherwise you would need to travel into the centre of town for entertainment.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to start off by thanking you for sharing your experiences with us. It is most upsetting for me to hear of your disappointment, especially since you had such high expectations. Please accept my apologies for the issues you had during check-in. I would like to reassure you that this incident most certainly does not reflect our normal standard. This is clearly a training issue and as a result, I can assure you that we will addressing matter appropriately.

I would like to extend my apologies for the condition of your room. Please rest assured that our teams are now resolving this issue.

Once again, thank you for make us aware of these problems. It is only through feedback such as yours that we can monitor and improve our services. I hope that during your next stay, we will be able to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 27 September 2010

The reviews are right. This is a great hotel in a very convenient location. 5 Minute walk to Waterloo Station or across Westminster Bridge to Westminster Station. The rooms are very spacious. I was expecting smaller in London, we had a studio, which had a seperate lounge area from the bedroom. Good spacious bathroom. Rooms were very quiet. The breakfast is excellent. Great Variety of food. Tip- go a bit early for breakfast as it gets very busy around 8.00, especially on weekends. The staff were very helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the positive review following from your recent stay with us. My team and I really appreciate feedback from our guests, and it is always so satisfying when we hear that our guests have had a pleasant experience. I would also like to thank you for your suggestion to other travellers. It is always helpful to be advised!

On behalf of Park Plaza County Hall, thank you for your custom and we hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2010

Me and the missus and our little one (22 months old) stayed here for one night in September and couldn't have wanted more from a London Hotel.

We arrived early (10am) and left our bags with the concierge, returned at 1.45 and our room was ready, are bags were then delivered to the room.

The room was prefect, quiet and spacious.

The location is perfect, walking distance from the eye and Westminster, we got a taxi twice and paid £12 for a taxi to Kings Cross, £10 to Planet Hollywood.

The staff were very friendly.

The food was very nice and the drinks reasonably priced.

Booked again for November.

Excellent.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you and your family had a lovely time during your recent stay with us and I hope we will be able to exceed your expectations during future visits.

Reviewed 27 September 2010

We stayed twice bwtewwn 8 Sep and 23rd Sept. The hotel was everything we expected and more. Our room had a great view of the london eye, BigBen etc and we were upgraded to the club lounge. The location is so handy to everything.

The staff were great and really helpful. The only problem we had is that our debti/credit cards have still got holds on them for the costs of the stays meaning we have been effecively charged twice. Just be aware of this. We are still awaiting the amounts to be reversed despite numberous phone calls.

However the stay was just great.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Park Plaza County Hall. I'm glad to hear that you had an enjoyable experience with us on both visits. However, please accept my apologies for the accounting issues that have occurred. As you correctly said, our pre-authorisation procedure involves holding a certain amount on our card during your stay, however this should then be released immediately upon check-out. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any problems or further enquiries with regards to this. I am so sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 21 September 2010

I travel quite a bit and can tell you it is sometimes difficult to find a good hotel in London. I have to say that Park Plaza County Hall was perfect. The room was perfect size to allow for getting work done as well as comfortable and clean. The next time I bring my family with me, I would also choose this Hotel. The staff was professional, the rooms were very clean, and the breakfast was first rate.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank mobiledev
PPCHLondon, General Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. I am delighted that you feel our rooms are suitable for business and leisure travellers. We understand that people stay in hotels for different purposes and we strongly believe that having a comfortable stay is extremely important for all guests. With this in mind, we try to accommodate all needs and continuously monitor and improve our services.

Once again, thank you for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2010

A great little hotel with all the ammenities you need for a young family. LIke anything in London, you will pay for it but this is a fact of life in this city. Staff wre acoomodating and helpful with everything. The hotel is reasonably new so it is clean, modern and in a great location near the London Eye, South Bank and Parliament...

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following from your recent stay with us. I'm glad that our teams were on hand to assist you during your visit and that you found our accommodations to be suitable for you and your family.