“simply excellent”

Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #235 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 January 2011

The location is very good, close to the london eye, waterloo station, etc. the hotel is new, clean, comfortable and the staff is very professional

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
PPCHLondon, General Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2011

Dear Guest,

I would to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm glad that the location of the hotel was convenient for you and that our teams were on hand to assist when required.

On behalf of Park Plaza County Hall, thank you for your custom and we look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Simon Mahon

Write a ReviewReviews (7,865)

Reviewed 5 January 2011

Fantastic hotel - we stayed there over New Years Eve and can't say a bad word about it. Hotel is modern, funky and spotlessly clean. Customer service is top class with nothing too much of a problem. The staff are friendly, polite and helpful and clearly are knowledgable on everything they need to be. I would say a lot of effort had been put into customer service by the management and it clearly shows. The place works as a team and its a breathe of fresh air these days plus the staff look like they love working there.

Check in was effortless and efficient. Room was large, airly and spotless with kitchenette, mini bar and plenty of space. Food was good, although menu a bit limited and the evening buffet could have been better. Breakfast though was fantastic with everything you could want and despite the crowds extra rooms were made available so no waiting to be seated. A bit of a wait for check out but that i think was due to the numbers being New year.

One issue - parking. Hotel uses a nearby parking garage which is dreadful. Dirty, smelly, dark and with very limited access, so if you have a nice car, be careful as there is very little room to move and you can easily prang alloys and scratch paintwork.

Value for money - very good - not cheap but for location, (5 mins from London Eye) what would you expect?

Would recommend to anyone. We had family staying with us who can be critical of hotels and they loved every minute of it.

Dear Guest,

I would like to start off by thanking you for such a positive and thorough review. My team and I are delighted that you and your family had such a wonderful time. We appreciate any feedback and it is always great to hear when our guests have a fantastic stay!

With regards to car parking, I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the facility located next to our hotel. However, do contact our Guest Relations Team prior to your next arrival and they will be more than happy to advise you of alternative companies in the area.

On behalf of Park Plaza County Hall, thank you for your custom and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2011

This hotel is in a great location with easy access on foot to most of London's places of interest. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was a great size, with all amenities. Would definitely recommend a suite for the extra space.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Park Plaza County Hall and also for your recommendations to other travellers. I'm glad to hear that our team were able to assist you throughout your visit.

Reviewed 1 January 2011

Spent New Years 2011 at The Park Plaza County Hall in Waterloo. Tasteful decor, very tasty food choice in the Mezzanine floor restaurant. In particular the quality and high service level provided by the staff, who were extremely friendly and helpful is quite a rare find these days, and that in particular made the the time we spent there most enjoyable. Great location for sightseeing-just opposite the millennium wheel, so we had a bulls-eye view of the firework display!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank FrankJunior

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and I am delighted to hear that you had a fantastic time with us during the New Year celebrations.

Reviewed 29 December 2010

Excellent rooms (studio) for families. Near to Westminster, and the tube. We had a very good stay!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
PPCHLondon, General Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Park Plaza County Hall. I am delighted to hear that you and your family had a lovely time with us and I hope that you will continue to do so during visits in the future.

Reviewed 29 December 2010

We stayed at Park Plaza County Hall Two weeks ago and found it perfect for families with young children. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. The rooms, clean and large for a London Hotel. Highly recommended.

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and also for your recommendations. It was a pleasure for us to accommodate you and your family and I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience with us.

On behalf of Park Plaza County Hall, I hope you have a Happy New Year and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 27 December 2010

I have stayed in this hotel quite a number of times, i hav loved every stay.

My latest stay i had my new born daughter with me and the staff helped me get to my room (with my many bags!)as my husband was stuck in work for longer than expected.

I had to book the other park plaza for my wedding and hated every minute of my stay i wish we couldve booked here!

My only problem is the lift as my pram was quite large i had to wait a while until it was empty enough to get in which made me late for my plans!

• Stayed: June 2010

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers. I am delighted to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stays with us.

With regards to the incident you had with our lifts, I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. We have recently converted one of our service lifts to a guest lift in order to improve the situation during our busier periods.

On behalf of Park Plaza County Hall, thank you for your custom and we hope to see you and your family again soon.