I just returned from two and a half weeks in London on business mixed with time with friends and family. Since I was there for so long, I stayed in the Marlin Apartments rather than my usual hotel, and was overwhelming pleased with the choice. I had a spacious and lovely one-bedroom apartment with full kitchen, bedroom, living room and bath. It was like owning my own home or flat in London - they aim to give that feeling and they do.
The common areas (a central courtyard and garden) are extremely well maintained and lovely to sit in, and Empire Square couldn't be better located for me - on the Southbank, in Southwark, near Borough Market, wonderful area and neighborhood. From my adopting of my 'Local' to wandering to the market to shop, you enjoy the city and all it has to offer - from Southbank Centre to Shad Thames to The View from the Shard.
The staff are excellent and helpful, and provide anything you ask for. But be aware - these are self-catered flats - not hotel rooms. There is only weekly maid service and you are expected to shop in the Tesco Express in the building itself. The critical accounts here in Tripadvisor seem to miss that point entirely - a shame - as it is wonderful - but you need to conceptualize it as your own home - not a resort. Their motto - 'Don't just visit London, live here' is well fulfilled. It is an excellent choice with nothing lacking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at London Bridge, just minutes from London’s financial district, this landmark development provides unrivalled access to London’s City centre and it’s most inspiring attractions. These cutting edge apartments fuse London’s cosmopolitan culture with award winning contemporary design, encompassing a vast internal courtyard and private landscaped gardens. Modern furnishings complement the large living space in each apartment, with many offering striking views across London. The emphasis is on light and space, with most apartments boasting large scenic windows and floor-to-ceiling glazing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Agoda, Superbreak UK, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marlin Apartments - Empire Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marlin Apartments - Empire Square Hotel London
- Marlin Apartments Empire Square London