“Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #108 of 828 Speciality Lodging in London
Brescia, Italy
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

These apartments are wonderful! located near the tube station,near a Tesco opended until 11pm and well served by bus. The apartment we stayed in was confortable with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathroom and a kitchen-linving area. The forniture were modern and good looking. We stayed there 5 days in Decembre and we love it! we'll sure come back asap!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Ballarat, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

We recently had three weeks in a 1BR apartment on the 4th floor, one of six locations around London. There is 24-hour concierge and access to the building is controlled. Not all apartments in the complex are used for short-term lets - there also are owner-occupiers.
The accommodation was very comfortable, and being able to have a well-equipped kitchen was great.
The weekly cleaning was of a high standard, although each time we had to ask for the dishwasher and washing machine supplies to be replaced.
There is a Tesco supermarket adjoining the property, and a Sainsbury supermarket not far away in Borough High Street. The Borough Market also is easy walking distance.
Borough Tube is close by, and London Bridge station is an easy 10 min walk away.
On check out we needed to leave luggage until later in the day, and manager Catalin very kindly allowed us to leave it in his office, and helped us do this.
We found these apartments to be a great alternative to staying in a hotel room, with self-catering and extra space available.

Room Tip: Some rooms have courtyard outlook.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Catalin C, Manager at Marlin Apartments - Empire Square, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear AussiesBallarat ,

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

I am extremely pleased to hear that your 3 weeks stay was very good. I will certainly pass your comments about cleanliness onto our terrific housekeeping team, they are doing an amazing job.
The apartments are indeed an excellent alternative to a small and expensive hotel room and I hope that next time that you are visiting London you will be staying with us .
I hope that you had a very nice journey back to Australia and looking forward to meeting you again .

Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Have stayed here regularly over the past couple of months. The apartments are spacious and well equipped with a full kitchen: fridge-freezer, oven, microwave dishwasher and washer dryer. The staff are friendly and the building is secure. Can't recommend a better place to stay when exploring a city!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear MagicMichelle ,

Thank you very much for your excellent review .

I am so absolutely delighted to hear such lovely comments from a regular guest , it gives me the trust that we are doing a good job . Our apartments are indeed very well equipped and we are continuously investing in our project. Over your next stay you will be enjoying probably our new Smart TVs. Many thanks also for your kind words about our staff , I will make sure that your comments will be passed onto my lovely team .

I hope that Empire Square will become a second home for you and I am looking forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with the one bedroom apartment I stayed in,It was very large, good facilities and clean. Its 10 min walk from London Bridge and Borough stations. I stayed here following a concert at the O2 as the Thames Clipper drops you off about 10 minutes away. I would definitely stay here again, and particularly if I was with a group of friends. Its the best value accommodation I have ever stayed in Central (zone 1) London.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kate H ,

Thank you very much for your very nice review posted on Trip Advisor .

I am so thrilled to hear that you found our apartments to have the best value accommodation in Central London. I hope you had a wonderful time and the concert was good. I hope i have the opportunity to welcome you again at Empire Square .

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment in the hotel for 10 days and had a superb time. The rooms were big and spacious. The staff was cordial, could have been better:) but no complaints. The distance to the tube stations both london bridge and borough station is just 5 minutes and the Tesco store below the building is another big plus point! All the facilities were provided in the apartment with good quality appliances! We would definitely recommend this place to all our friends and all those visiting London! A total value for money!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Catalin C, Manager at Marlin Apartments - Empire Square, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Kokiii ,

Thank you very much for staying with us at Marlin Apartments Empire Square and for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor .
I am thrilled to hear that you had the perfect experience. It is always nice to read such comments, thank you for your kind words. I am sure that your friends whom you will recommend us will be delighted to stay with us as well as indeed Marlin Apartments offer the best value for money .
We are looking forward to welcome you back soon .

Warmest regards ,
Brighton UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Excellent Stay in very clean and very well equipt one bed apartment in Central London . Comfy clean bed and bedding, clean bathroom, clean kitchen area including very clean fridge. I'm a clean freak about hotels so very impressed with Marlin as very reasonable too. Lots of light as windows floor to ceiling and plenty of space. Well located for borough market, southwark, Tower of London etc, only wish we could have stayed longer :-) Can't wait to try the other Marlin Apartments.

Room Tip: Room 127 5th Floor faced the courtyard so very quiet as no traffic and views of the Shard to the lef...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mulberrybay
Catalin C, Manager at Marlin Apartments - Empire Square, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear Mulberrybay ,
Thank you very much for staying with us at Marlin Apartments Empire Square and for your lovely comments on TripAdvisor .
I am delighted to hear that you found our apartments both well equipped and ideally located in Central London . I am more delighted though to read that you were very impressed with the housekeeping of the apartment . I will pass your comments to our dedicated housekeeping team who I am sure will very much appreciate this .
Thank you again for your comments and I am looking forward to welcome you back . Please note that by booking direct you will get the best rate .

Building Manager
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

I have been using these apartments for both business and pleasure over the last two to three years and I have to say that on all occasions I have found the apartments to be of a high standard . The location is very close to Borough tube station, Borough Market (definitely worth a visit), Waterloo station is a ten minute taxi ride away and with London Bridge station and the Shard only a five minute walk away. The staff at the complex have been very helpful and quick to resolve any minor issue that may have arisen.

My last stay was in January 2014 and I have recommended these apartments to my friends and colleagues who have also given glowing reports.

Room Tip: If possible book in advance and haggle to get a great deal whether it's for one night or long te...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family