Lowest prices for your stay
US$82
Free cancellation until 27/10/21
Hotels.comUS$90
Trip.comUS$99
eDreamsUS$82
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 19 January 2010

Date of stay: January 2010
Reviewed 9 December 2009

The worste hotel i've ever stayed in.
The room was tiny and freezing cold and there was damp dripping off the walls and ceiling.
Apart from all that, when i checked out the staff there accused me of having another person stay with me (which was not the case) and after i left they charged my card without my knowledge or authorisation an extra £50.
As a young girl on my own i feel they took advantage of me and I am currently seeking compensation from them.
Stay here at your own risk.

Date of stay: December 2009
2  Thank angelstarEngland
Reviewed 30 November 2009

Not a very nice place. Room v.small, decoration not finished (and looked like it had been that way for a while ) damp on walls, quite loud as it was in the basement and you could hear people walking above etc. Also, electricty trip switch went off about 10 times while i was there. Very annoying.
It was also a building site while i was there, they were doing some refurb work to the interior.
Saying that, i'm not too fussy about luxuries etc so it was a roof over the head and did me for a couple of nights

Date of stay: November 2009
1  Thank newmemberBristol_UK
Reviewed 13 November 2009

This hotel was horrible! The man (or men as there was several of them) that worked/owned the hotel were rude and mean, they all spoke to each other in a different language while you were in the same room and it was very unnerving.

I came with my young sister to go to the New Moon UK fan event that we had won tickets too and this hotel ruined the night for us. We were even too scared to return there after the event!

On arriving we were told our hotel room was not ready, this is when the guy in the smelly dark basement room (his office) told us he would order a taxi for us, we then waited for our taxi outside and after 20 mins a normal car pulled up and said he would be picking us up! But before he drove off he ran inside and talked to the owner of the hotel, it turned out it was his friend! We were quoted £9 by a black cab for this journey, but when we arrived at the event the driver turned around and asked for £25!! Con-Artist!!

The room we stayed in was a double en-suite and it was what I would describe as a poo hole, the toilet leaked, there was cracks in the wall, it smelled and had a filthy carpet! The owner also thought it would be a good idea to hoover outside our room at 7.00 in the morning (lucky we had got up a hour before to get the heck out of there asap).
the owner then grunted what sounded like a goodbye and we hurried away from the worst hotel Ive ever stayed in. London and fan event was great, but the Chester Hotel was the work of the devil.

Date of stay: November 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Twifan85
Reviewed 15 October 2009

Reception in dark and dingy basement.
Wires exposed from sockets.
Window would not shut.
Sink was not attached to wall securely, and tap wobbled.
Dirty bed linen, thin duvet, no blanket and was cold.
Very uncomfortable bed, and no headboard.
Carpet stained.
Rubbish dump for a back yard.
I did not have an en suite room, and the trek to bathroom was ridiculously long, and when I found it, it was dirty and smelly.
Construction work going on, and in places nothing between you and the disgusting yard on the second floor other than a piece of clear plastic, plus there are different floor levels where I tripped, no carpet, or frayed carpet, narrow and un even staircases, no fire exits.
They should be paying people to stay there, not the other way around.

Date of stay: September 2009