“my trip to london”

Ranked #466 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Bristol, United Kingdom
“my trip to london”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We had a meeting in Wimbledon and were looking for a Hotel to stay in.After doing some investigation I came across the Antoinette.
The Antoinette is in a fantastic location,within easy reach of the tube,and even has its own ample parking.Checking in was swift and painless.The room was big,TV was good,tea and coffee making facilities were good,bed lovely.Bathroom was spacious fantastic shower,plenty of hot water at any time of day.Take my advice and spend a little more and go for a balcony,fantastic views,room even bigger,both rooms have a sofa as well,all in all a very good experience.
Plenty of shops and restaurants nearby,staff very friendly and helpful. Looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: rooms at rear best,spend a little more and have a balcony room.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Nice stay in double room which was clean and well presented, linen changed daily, shower and
all facilities worked perfectly wilth plenty of hot water, reception staff were nice and helpful and the free carpark was a welcome bonus, full marks for the breakfast which has a large choice of full english and continental style a mention too for the waiter at breakfast who was pleasant and
helpful will be happy to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Check-in was very swift, room was great, service was great, all of the staff were really nice, polite and welcoming. I had a great nights sleep and a superb breakfast the following morning. Thanks very much people for a great stay, shame it was only 1 night really. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2013

5 night stay in a single room - room was small but adequate for a single person with a desk, tv, ensuite and wardrobe. Given the cost, it represented good value for money although the road is a main thoroughfare (particularly for sirens!). Close to tube and shops. The lift is very small. The rooms are clean and serviced daily and the buffet breakfast was good value. Free parking was a bonus. Only negatives were the narrow hallways and noise from the road.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I spent 4 nights at this hotel while visiting London for a friend's wedding. It was ok but I wouldnt go any further than that. It was quite reasonably priced and you get what you pay for in that sense. Positives - the price, clean bathroom, fresh linen daily, close to shops / transport. Negatives - decor really doesn't work and is very dated, service from one of the receptionists was consistently very frosty over the 4 days, road is very noisy. We also were a bit annoyed that we were not given a late check out unless we paid £10. Normal check out is 11am and we asked if we could stay until 1pm and were told only if we paid £10 more. We had been there 4 nights and I thought the hotel could have been a little more accommodating to a late check out request of 2 hours. Any other hotel I have stayed in would have happily offered guests that without asking them to pay more.
Were some maintenance issues I encountered too. There were 2 lamps in my room and the bulbs in both werent working. And the iron was seriously in need of replacement.
Overall, the stay was ok but I would look to stay somewhere else if I am in Wimbledon again.

Room Tip: if you prefer a quieter room, request one not on the road side
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sarah s
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I booked this hotel on the 30th March this year for one night for my Nephews wedding, on the 28th March my husbands stepfather passed away unexpected. I tried to call the hotel the next morning and after 5 phone calls and 4 messages left for them to call me back,II finally got through to them on the Saturday (30th) by ringing the hotel number as I couldn't get through to the reservations. I explained the situation to them and they promptly said I would be charged the full price for the room as they have a 48 hour cancellation policy, I explained that I couldn't have given 48 hours as there had been a death. To cut a very long and painful story short, I have made numerous calls, sent numerous emails and not once did anyone call me back and the highest staff member I got to talk to was the reservations manager, this lady was absolutely rubbish and her customer service skills were appalling. This went on for 5 weeks until I finally realised I was never going to get my money back. As much as I appreciate their 48 hour cancellation policy, on this occasion it would have been impossible to give 48 hours notice, so they could have waived this policy on this occasion, but they wouldn't and didn't. Even more I feel that the way they treated me was extremely rude and disrespectful. So if you have anyone sick in your family I wouldn't book this hotel, because if the worse happens you won't get your money back.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Linda C
Alison W, Guest Relations Manager at Antoinette Hotel Wimbledon, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Dear Linda C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, as all feedback is greatly appreciated.

I am sorry that you feel that on this occasion, you did not receive a professional level of customer care, which as you can see from previous reviews is very much the exception and not the norm.

I have thoroughly investigated the issues you raised, and must apologise that despite the hotel having a 24 hour contact number, you were unable to speak to a member of the team, regarding your reservation.

I understand from the Duty Manager that when you arrived at the hotel to attend the Wedding Reception, you advised them that you would not require your room and they confirmed that the cancellation charge would apply. I hope you can appreciate that when late cancellations are received, it is not possible for the hotel to re-sell the room.

I can also confirm that upon receipt of your initial e-mail regarding this issue, an immediate response was sent.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in the hotel, and as such please do not hesitate to contact me so that I can personally look after your reservation.
Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This hotel is ideally located about a 2 minute walk from central Wimbledon. It is ideal if you need to be in the area for business or pleasure. I was in town to watch a show at the New Wimbledon Theatre and it was perfectly located.

The hotel itself is clean and functional. It is great for a 'bed for the night' but also has a nice bar and a nice area at the rear to sit outside (and also a small terrace at the front entrance of the hotel). The interior and rooms are in need of refurbishment as it is somewhat 'tired' however I mean this only in the décor sense, not in the cleanliness sense, there is nothing wrong with the actual running of the hotel, or its standards, just that investment is needed to refurb the décor and the carpets. This, as we all know, is purely a matter of money. I suspect that if a refurb programme is implemented, the hotel will probably have to increase the room rates.

Also, I would recommend this hotel for people who wanted to visit London and stay somewhere on a budget, rather than paying the extortionate rates for central London hotels. The reason for this, is that you can get to central London very easily using the tube or overground trains from central Wimbledon. You can be in the heart of Kensington in 10 mins (tube), Victoria station in 15 (tube), and you can even take the overground to Waterloo and be at the foot of Westminster Bridge in no more than 15 minutes. So you could have a fantastic weekend in central London, while only paying less than half of what you would pay in a central London hotel by staying at the Antoinette!

All in all, I would recommend this hotel for a basic stay in Wimbledon, or if you want to spend time in London without the expensive accomodation burden.

Oh, one thing I must say is that our bed was AMAZING! It was sooo comfortable and the pillows were divine! It was one of the best beds I had ever slept in and consequently we had a brilliant sleep! Don't let the proximity of the nightclub next door put you off as they shut down at 11pm. If you need to sleep earlier than that....take earplugs...simple!

Room Tip: Take earplugs if you need to be sleeping before 11pm as the nightclub next door is noisy but it shut...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Wimbledon Hotel
#708 of 1,067 in London
Wimbledon
Hotel du Vin Wimbledon
Hotel du Vin Wimbledon
#541 of 1,067 in London
Clapham / Battersea
Pelican London Hotel and Residence
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon T...
#7 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames

Been to Antoinette Hotel Wimbledon? Share your experiences!