“Here's my six pennyworth..”

Antoinette Hotel Wimbledon
Ranked #390 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 July 2013

had to review because I saw a couple of poor reviews.. not sure what hotel they stayed in! I too was in a front room- on a lively Friday night.. and I can honestly say the noise level was non-existent. As for window light penetration, there was a blackout blind AND blackout curtains.. and they have AIR-CONDITIONING so you don't have to have windows open in hot weather! With courteous helpful staff this the perfect hotel in London- yes, FREE parking too!!!!

Room Tip: If you need a bath rather than shower, just ASK for one. Don't moan afterwards... and remember...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Retromen

Reviewed 17 July 2013

This hotel really supprised me, excellent location. Not far from the station with loads of pubs cafes and restaurants etc in walking distance. Ample breakfast. Staff very helpful, and informative. Enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Get one at the back
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank stringerbailey
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Stayed here while on a training course and was accompanied by my wife. Nice large room, comfy bed, clean, and nice bathroom (shower over bath with great water pressure). Small balcony with chairs etc, not much of a view but what can you expect in London. Easy to find and free parking and Wi-Fi.

Breakfast was good even if waiter was a little disorganised at times, but good selection of hot food, cereal and fruit etc.

Staff we're helpful and they allowed me to park up before checking in as I needed to go to the afternoon session of the course.

Would definitely be happy to stay here again if required.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike C
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Good points: great for access to Wimbledon tennis: a £7 cab ride, and hotel has parking. Down sides: asked for a quiet room not at front on check-in but told full and not possible for a double room as they're all at the front. The room: small but just about adequate for one night with most of time spent out BUT no bedside lamp or power socket on one side of bed which was v close to window; curtains not suitable for room as they allowed bright floodlight from the front of hotel into room all night and couldn't be secured to prevent this (I spent half the night trying!) and they had a stain; the noise was unbelievable all night long and a little investment in triple glazing on front bedroom windows would work wonders; room appeared to have been divided from a larger room and walls were thin board - could practically hear next door breathing. A dreadful night of almost no sleep. Raised with check-out: they decucted cup of tea and glass of wine from bill of over £200 for one night and advised that one of their directors would be in touch with me given their concern. Stil waiting to hear so clearly concern not that great.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a reasonable sized room, quiet, not at the front. I was told it's possibl...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank christie901
Alison W, Guest Relations Manager at Antoinette Hotel Wimbledon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear Christie 901,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review as all feedback is greatly appreciated.

I am pleased that you found our location close to the Wimbledon Tennis Championships convenient, and that you appreciated the complimentary car parking.

Due to the hotel being fully booked, I am sorry that a room move could not be offered. I would like to assure you that all windows at the hotel are fitted with triple glazing, and those at the front as well as having curtains with blackout lining, have an additional blind.

Our rates during the period of the Championships are very competitive, and you will always receive a better rate if you book direct with the hotel rather than through a third party site.

I hope very much that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back, and as such please do not hesitate to contact me personally so that I can look after your reservation,

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We had an awful stay at the hotel. No manager available to resolve any issues. Lovely staff who tried to help.
The problems are- paid for a larger bed and got a smaller one. A wedding was on when we arrived and so no facilities available to use unless I wanted a dance. The electric sockets did not work in the bedroom so could not plug in my laptop. Internet was not working anyway. Dirty carpet. Bathroom did not have a bath.
I will share a photo of the bed, it measures four shoes wide!! This is the bed we paid extra to have a larger bed. The staff did apologise and the receptionist offered breakfast.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Andy G
Alison W, Guest Relations Manager at Antoinette Hotel Wimbledon, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear Andy G,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, as all feedback whether positive or negative helps us strive to achieve the best service levels possible.

I am sorry that on this occasion the Duty Manager was not immediately available, as they were engaged in a scheduled appointment, but am glad that you found other members of the team helpful.

I can confirm that although an event was taking place in the hotel, our award winning Lambourne Bar & Grill, was open for refreshements and dining.

Please be assured that had you requested a bath at time of booking, this would have been arranged, and that the double room booked had a double bed.

I thank you for bringing the issue of the electric sockets to our attention, which I understand a member of the team resolved, as it appears that the key card used to activate the power had not been placed fully in the socket inside the room.

It is not our intention for any guest to leave the hotel feeling dissatisfied with any aspect of their stay, and as such I would very much welcome the opportunity of welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Please do not hesitate to contact me so that I can personally look after your reservation.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

stayed a couple of nights here with my family.
room was good, clean and big enough for the 4 of us (2 kids aged 1 and 3). bathroom as very nice and spacious.
strange highlight for me was the bathtub that filled in less that 2 mins - amazing water pressure. odd comment i know, but that impressed me.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Arranging, booking in, the room and service was simplicity in itself. The room was spacious, very clean and offered all the little extra needed i.e coffee, tea etc, shampoo, clean towels, hair dryer. Would recommend to everybody

• Stayed: June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Wimbledon Hotel
#705 of 1,075 in London
Clapham / Battersea
Pelican London Hotel and Residence
Wimbledon
Hotel du Vin Wimbledon
Hotel du Vin Wimbledon
#575 of 1,075 in London
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon T...
#7 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames

Been to Antoinette Hotel Wimbledon? Share your experiences!