My wife had booked this hotel for three days as we were visiting the kids along with taking in a show, actually she booked the Club Quarters hotel but we got The Grand! Honestly I have my hand on heart to tell you I was never short which "hotel" we were actually staying in, it really is a bit confusing - two hotels in one location ! I arrived early from Heathrow and I was told that I could have an early check in for £40 - I declined and went and met my wife from the train. Your first impression when arriving is wonderful, the marble floor, chandelier and dark wood make for a delightful lobby area. It is just when you actually want to book in the problems start, the reception is split into two sections (both very small), the receptionist was very nice and we got our key fairly quickly. The room was a bit small (no bath) but completely adequate. The second day our son and daughter-in-law along with their 10 month only daughter visited us at the hotel. At the entrance to the hotel there is a mini elevator, I presumed it was for wheelchair access along pram access and there is not ramp. My wife asked at the reception to turn it on when she was then told that the hotel does not have an elevator at the entrance - when my wife persuaded the girl in reception the company here to see the non-existing elevator (and then turn it on) the girl then said it only for wheelchair access and she did not how to turn it on anyway. I don’t mind struggling up the stairs with the pram but it would be nice if the staff knew what facilities are actually available. I was intending to have a drink in the bar one night but the bar closes at 10 at the weekend so it looked nice when I passed during the day but I have no information other than that. Overall we were fairly let down by the whole experience, we spend quite a lot of time in London both on business and leisure and there are better hotels with the same access to the west end this hotel has but with better facilities and bar you can get a drink in when it goes dark.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand at Trafalgar Square is a full service hotel with 63 rooms located in the beautifully restored historic Northumberland House on Northumberland Avenue. Minutes to Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace and close to Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. The Grand at Trafalgar Square is the best value hotel based on quality and prime location. The Grand at Trafalgar Square provides:• Safe, restricted entry• Instant registration and check out• Free high speed internet access throughout the hotel• Onsite restaurant • Multi-menu in room dining options (through onsite restaurant and many local restaurants)• Refrigerator and microwave available• Unlimited complimentary chilled purified bottled water • 10 meeting and event rooms available (maximum reception style 1000 people)• Free use of computer/printer • Ergonomic workstations• State of the art guest rooms with premium bedding• Contemporary furnishings• Flat panel HD TVs• Complimentary coffee and tea• 24 hour guest service desk • Fitness room • Exercise equipment delivered to guest room upon request • Corporate Apartments available • Value rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Grand at Trafalgar Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand At Trafalgar Square Hotel London
- Grand At Trafalgar Square London