The Grand at Trafalgar Square
US$213
US$188
galahotels.com
1,707 results
All reviewsclub quarterssherlock holmes pubfiltered watergreat locationnorthumberland avenuenational gallerylondon eyecharing cross stationbig benbuckingham palacecovent gardenwithin walking distancecentral locationwest endgood sizetesco expressinternet access
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel is just off Trafalgar Square, and close by two tube stations. The staff is friendly and efficient, and the rooms are relatively spacious. There are two good restaurants on the premises, as well as inexpensive eateries in the neighborhood. The hotel caters primarily to businessmen, so the amenities are practical rather than lavish. But if you need anything, the front desk is quite responsive.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TalkativeOldFart
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel exceeded our expectations. We were greeted by Bengle?? who was very friendly and efficient. Whilst I was looking at the evening menu my wife was completing the registration form and mentioned it was my birthday. Just after being shown our room a member of staff arrived with two bottles of wine (red and white) and a basket of goodies. Couldn,t have asked for a better welcome. Bedroom was fine, facilities inc wi-fi very good. Location couldn,t br faulted, near good restuarants,pubs and theatres. We won,t be looking for anywhere else to stay on our next visit.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 207 looking out from the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 425miller
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We arrived slightly early on a very busy Sunday afternoon (London Marathon day!), we were greeted warmly and efficiently checked in and directed to our room. We had booked a suite as travelling with our children and we were definitely not disappointed with our room, it was large and very comfortable. It had a small kitchenette with a full sized fridge which was great for the children's cold drinks and a bonus of a coffee maker for us!
The location of the hotel was absolutely fantastic, within easy walking distance of the London Eye, Covent Garden, Leicester Square and obviously Trafalgar Square quite literally on the doorstep. We wouldn't hesitate to stay again, it really was perfect for our stay.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank WhiteyK
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel was an amazing place to stay at! If you wanna travel to london I suggest this hotel and nowhere else.
The staff were extremely nice, gentle and patient. I had everything I asked for.
We arrived earlier than what we planned but they were nice enough to give us a room, the room was very clean , large , it even had some books,the restaurant was clean and delicious. The service is 10/10
I wonder why the hotel is not 5 stars tho, I believe it deserves it.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 6 April 2014

From the moment I arrived at the hotel the service was terrible. I waited at the reception desk to check in and was shown over to the self service check in terminal, this did not work as I had made a last minute online booking, so we went back to the reception desk to resolve the matter. Once the matter was resolved I was escorted back to the self service check in machine to finish the check in.

I was shocked, if I had wanted to use the machine I would have done so in the first place. When I finally reached my room it was very warm so I turned the AC on to find that it was not working and was actually blowing warm air, unfortunately I didn't notice straight away and the room got warmer. When I approached the reception desk about this they explained that my part of the building only had the heating on and no AC but they would open the window fully to cool the room. I returned to the room several hours later to find the room was still far to warm to sleep and asked for a better solution or new room. A new room was provided but same scenario and again no AC, this was the warmest weekend in London this year and I found both the situation and the response from the staff totally devoid of any empathy or sincerity. The final insult was at check out when I waited for the receptionist to check me out as I wanted to provide feedback, once again I was directed to the automated check out machine, I finally just left and will NOT return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo