“Outstanding Staff”

Ranked #932 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Granada, Spain
“Outstanding Staff”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Hello travellers, my name is Abel and I would like to share my opinion with you.

Hotel location is easy to get to via bus or tube, it is only two minutes walk from Earls Court Underground Station which has direct links from Piccadilly lines.

Regarding the room was properly clean and and fully-equipped.

The best thing of all is the staff: John (was fantastic), Johanna and Michael. They were delighted to assist us and make us feel as if we were at home.

To conclude I encourage you to book there as it is a very good option and the service is outstanding

Room Tip: Cosy hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Abel P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Finnish first
Akureyri, Iceland
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed there for three nights last week and it was not a very pleasent stay. The room (in the basement) was dirty and the carpet was so filthy that if I walked in the socks on it they would get dirty as well. There was some light bulbs missing and the bathroom door was in a mess! Dirty and bad looking, the lock did not work.
I had my brother for a visit (he lives in London) but he wasn't allowed in the room as there are strickt rules that no visitors are aloved in the hotelrooms!
The breakfast was ok. But there were no fruits, the only drinks were one sort of tea, coffee, water and orange juice.
I do not recomend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Erla123

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Denton, Texas
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The dirtiest place I have ever stayed. I lasted 6 hours total in this horrible "hotel". When I went to bed and took my shoes off, the two trips to the bathroom made the bottom of my socks so dirty I had to throw them out! I went downstairs at 1 a.m. to get some water where the breakfast was served and ALL of the food was sitting OUT for the next morning. Avoid this place at all cost!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here. Avoid this place.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank P H
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I'll start from the positive things - the girl in the kitchen at breakfast was nice and efficient, and the hotel location is not bad - that's it!
They put us at the basement with a view to a wall - when I opened the window there was a strong smell of cigarettes and it looks like a big ashtray (picture).
The room was dirty (we found a pair of shoes of the previous guests). There was 2 missing bulbs, stains on the carpet, wetness in the walls, broken or missing bath accessories, room mirror was cracked, they wrote a double bed, but they just put two beds together - very uncomfortable in the back.
Shower tap was broken and on a very high temperature - my wife and I almost got burned.
The desk clerk was not nice and to all our complaints he replays that there is nothing he can do to assist us and he did not even apologize ...
In a nutshell - Very low value for money.
Don't Go There!

Room Tip: Choose any room at the next hotel on the street...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank elibegi
La Herradura, Spain
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed here early August for 4 days showing my niece from Canada the sights of London. The rooms are small( don't bring your cat) but everything that you need is there. We had a room at the top of the hotel up 3 flights of stairs( no lift) which had 3 beds in it but it was ok as we were not in it much. Room was clean, beds were comfy, we had a TV, nice little bathroom and great teeny kitchenette with microwave, fridge and sink. Tea, coffee and milk is provided in the room as is shampoo and shower gel and the room has a little balcony looking out onto the street at the front of the hotel.
Breakfast is included in the price which is really useful so you can fill up before you head out for the day. There was a good selection for breakfast - cereal, eggs, juice, cheese, bread, toast, jam etc and tea and coffee in the breakfast room in the basement. The staff were all pleasant and helpful and they even let us use the computer and print out our London Eye tickets free of charge.
Great location in nice street near Earls Court Tube Station and lots of shops and restaurants nearby. Really handy for Central London and all the main sights. Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Well to start off on a positive note the location of this hotel is excellent; just a couple of minutes walk from Earl's Court tube station with easy access to central London. My stay at this hotel was only a very short one (one night) and I really don't think I could have stayed any longer.

On arrival to the hotel we had a lengthy check in whilst they tried to charge us for the rooms again, even though we had already paid in full online. We were eventually given the keys to our rooms (without extra charge) and made our way to the very top floor. We were slightly amused to see that the door leading to the top corridor was being held open with a pair of knickers! The room itself was very small; you could only walk from the door to the window if everyone else was sitting on the beds to make room. The cleanliness of the room wasn't horrendous, although the carpets were grubby looking.

The bathroom was nice and clean, although lots of the fittings (towel rails etc.) were barely hanging on to the wall. The one major complaint that I had was the shower. Within seconds of turning it on the water was scalding and just kept getting hotter no matter which way you turned the temperature gauge. This made it near on impossible to shower without suffering serious burns.

Whilst we had a fantastic time in London I would not stay at this hotel again; there was a Holiday Inn just around the corner and I really wish I had stayed there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Laura P
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Excellent neighbourhood close to tube, and clean bathroom. However, tiny double room at far end of basement hallway was firetrap with no other way out; no chair, and poor lighting made it impossible to sit on bed and read. All-night party in next room kept us awake until 4 AM. Skimpy breakfast of cereal, toast and hard-boiled eggs available in small room with crowded tables. Definitely not a bargain --- better to spend more and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple