All reviews hotel dog free laundry albert embankment social hour black dog pub pancake machine victoria line home from home minute walk ihg hotels sky tv fully equipped kitchen laundry room studio suite tate britain kitchen area hot items
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

The concept of the aparthotel is here to stay and the Vauxhall Staybridge Suites are a prime example why.
Clean, comfortable, spacious, great amenities, they are great to come back to after a busy day. Staff are friendly, breakfast is good. They are not cheap but you get what you pay for and if you want a little extra these are worth paying a little extra for.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Service was great. Breakfast is great with a huge selection. The room was clean, cool, and more than comfortable. It was an initial challenge off the subway to figure out its location but once that's accomplished you're set to go. Sleep came easy, and there's not much neighborhood noise that I encountered on the weekend I stayed. Will most likely return to that hotel, unless money magically rains from the heavens then I'm off to The Ritz!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We stayed here in early June for four nights and it was my family's favorite hotel of our 19 night European vacation. Our family of four had two rooms on the fifth floor. Both rooms were extremely clean, modern, very spacious and comfortable. Both rooms had kitchenettes, and one of the rooms even had two separate spaces (living room/kitchen/dining room as well as the bedroom). What we loved most about this hotel was the FRIENDLY and HELPFUL staff! They gave us wonderful restaurant recommendations, great directions, and were just friendly all around. My son thoroughly enjoyed playing video games in the lobby, even accepting a friendly personal challenge from the general manager. We also loved how they had a ping pong table available in the lobby three nights we were there. There were free delicious snacks/hors d'oeuvres and drinks in the lobby in the evenings (I think it may just be four nights/week). The free breakfast was excellent, better than most hotel breakfasts with plenty of variety of food and beverages. The location is in a quiet neighborhood and you are about a five minute walk from the Vauxhall Underground. We were able to easily navigate everything from this station. It is about a 20 minute walk along a nice sidewalk next to the Thames River to the London Eye from this hotel. I highly recommend this hotel. My kids didn't want to leave...it isn't often that we "miss" a hotel, but we sure do miss this one! The friendly staff and very large rooms made this a hotel we would GLADLY return to.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2018

I'd stayed in Staybridge Suites hotels, in various cities in the UK and EU and always had a very pleasant, enjoyable stay. Sadly, Staybridge Suites in Vauxhall falls quite a way short of previous experiences, standards and my own expectations.

The problems began the moment I landed at City Airport. I had confirmed, with reception, weeks ahead that they would arrange a taxi transfer to the hotel. When I arrived, no one was waiting. Giving it about 5 or 10 minutes, in case the driver had been held up in traffic, I called the hotel. They said they would look into and it and call me back. Ten minutes passed with no call. I rang the hotel again. They said they had tried to call but couldn't get through - I found that odd since I had not been on the phone. They didn't elaborate. However, as they said they'd tried to call, I assumed they had an explanation and a solution.They did not. I suggested I get into a taxi and they reimburse me, since the error seemed to rest with them. I was passed to the manager who doubted I had an email confirming the booking - he could only find an email, from me, with my flight details and asking them to make the booking.The conversation became quite 'tense'. By this point I'd been at City Airport for 30-35 minutes engaged in circles and the going round thereof. I assured him I had the email in my hand and he agreed that I could get a taxi, that I'd be reimbursed if the email proved the hotel had promised to make the booking.This should have been a small issue, easily and quickly resolved but I felt it was down to me to suggest how we correct their error.

Check-in was fine. There was no awkwardness between the manager, the staff and I me and I was reimbursed the taxi fare. I was even announced as 'guest of the day', over which I had a giggle the team. The team were friendly and kind, trying to help and advise, just as they would continue to be throughout my four day stay.

A few hours later, I realised with horror that I could hear my neighbour's conversation and phone through the wall. I am almost completely deaf in one ear so I cannot be accused of having sensitive hearing. I rang reception and asked if I could move. Of course, all rooms have one or more neighbours, except their accessilble room on the 2nd floor, which had no neighbours. We agreed I could move the next day and, once I'd packed it all up, they moved it for me so I could spend my day as I'd planned. They said they'd had no complaints previously, and indeed I could not find anything on this site, which I find strange.

The accessible room was a huge improvement. I did not hear any neighbours, above or below but the doors to the hallway are still not insulated against noise so you're exposed to the loud banging of doors as guests enter and exit their rooms.

The kitchen, lounge and bedroom areas of the suite are very clean, well equipped and wonderfully spacious.There were a few problems however - the dishwasher was temperamental and would not drain properly, despite an engineer coming twice to fix it. The water pressure in the shower was also poor.

The location of the hotel itself is in a quiet street with excellent transport links - overground train, underground and bus - from Vauxhall's transport hub about 10 minutes' walk away.

The gym is tiny and with very few machines and apparatus. Luckily, there is a 24 hour gym about 10-12 minutes walk away for which you can buy day passes. I discovered the place from one of the reception's staff and I'm very grateful for the tip.

Wifi is free, the bed comfortable and housekeeping maintains a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness.

The staff, as I say, are very kind and friendly but I feel they must deal with issues which should not, in this standard of hotel and as part of this hotel chain, even happen. It gives the impression of a hotel which ignores the details which is not fair on the staff who do work hard to fix the issues.

Would I stay here again? Only if I could have an accessible room (preferably on a higher/top floor) with no neighbours again. I would also probably compare Staybridge with other hotels too which is a shame since I am a loyal IHG Rewards member and admirer of the Staybridge brand.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Raoul F, Guest Services Supervisor at Staybridge Suites London - Vauxhall, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear Sheena M,

I’m sorry to read of the difficulties you encountered during your recent stay. We handle taxi arrangements very frequently both to and from all London airports to the hotel – and we take every reasonable measure that we have all passenger details before confirming a booking, making it a seamless for drivers to make contact with their passengers.

We are well known for the peace and tranquillity of our hotel, and we take pride in being able to offer our guests a Central London haven – we understand that our guests appreciate coming back to a quiet and serene environment, and I am sorry that the noise from the adjoining room disturbed the peace and quiet you were after. For our part, we have reiterated to our room attendants to close all doors quietly when servicing rooms, and we conduct regular floor walks to ensure that the hotel remains peaceful overnight. We will always do our best to ensure our guests have a comfortable stay here and whether this is arranging something for the room, or assisting in changing rooms we are glad to oblige.

On a more positive note, I am very glad that enjoyed the hospitality of our team, we pride ourselves on being local experts and we take a genuine interest in the stay our guests are having, so I am glad the team were able to assist you.

You did mention the possibility of staying with us again on your next trip. If you would consider contacting us directly, we will arrange your stay personally and ensure that you experience the very best that Europe’s leading Staybridge Suites has to offer.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

After having toured around USA & Canada for 4 weeks and stayed at IHG properties most places, we finally ended up in London at Staybridge Suites Vauxhall. Right from the check in - room- cleanliness- facilities provided- most lavish breakfast- accessibility and ease to get public transport- location- house keeping to the friendliest and most sincere and helpful staff, our stay here was a dream. We were so comfortable and the place & atmosphere felt like home. This is one hotel I will definitely come back to and highly recommend it to all travellers. There was a personal touch to everything. Brilliant

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family