“In sickness and in health, a delicious find.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Da Corradi

Da Corradi
Ranked #1,170 of 22,202 Restaurants in London
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
New York City, New York
“In sickness and in health, a delicious find.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

By the end of our second day in London I came down with a horrible cold, complete with fever and chills, so we just hunkered down in our room. There aren't too many upsides to getting sick thousands of miles from home, in a foreign country, but Da Corradi turned out to be one of them. I'd remembered something about spaghetti bolognese (read, comfort food) in one of the reviews here and that was enough to make me want to venture out of the warmth of our room at the Park Lane Sheraton. We'd already eaten a couple other meals in Shepherd Market and really loved the area, but Da Corradi is tucked away in a little corner and very easy to miss. There's a small dining room at street level and a larger one downstairs, which we had almost to ourselves (aside from a trio of businessmen sitting on the other end). It was such a warm, friendly place. Our server, a native Italian speaker, was very sweet and attentive, and we enjoyed communicating with her. We both ended up ordering the spaghetti alla bolognese and split an order of garlic bread. The portions were very generous, but I thought what a waste this will be since my head was so stuffy I wouldn't be able to taste anything. I was pleasantly surprised. Somehow I was able to taste everything, and it was really, really delicious. My son also had a cup of hot chocolate, which he loved. It turned out to be one of the most memorable meals (and moments) of our trip. Wish I could go back again.

• Visited February 2013

ny
“Decent food, well-priced, good service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

My sister and I were staying at a hotel in Mayfair and decided on this restaurant while we were walking around Shepherd's Market. We chose to sit outside since the weather was lovely. My sister had spaghetti alla bolognese and I had the risotto special. Food was decent, and prices were fair. The service was also very nice. We were happy with this choice.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank steady
Darlington, England, United Kingdom
“It's all about the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

The setting for this restaurant is Shepherd Market which I guess is easily missed, and there are also a few restaurants in the same "square" so this is easily overlooked.

However, as I was checking this out for the next night I entered and decided on a simple meal.

Calamari ...nothing special here and certainly not the best ... no Italian flavouring, the a simple spaghetti aglio, olio e peperoncino ... wow ... too much ... but excellent tastes and certainly tipped the balance to return ...

Returned the next night and a meal for two ... upstairs to full so had to eat downstairs ... within 10 minutes the restaurant was full ... so very popular ..

This time selected the Antipasta dell Casa ... good meats with pickled veg ... OK ...

Then I chose the Gamberoni and my wife chose the Mushroom Risotto ...

EXCELLENT ... I decided on not having rice with my meal and asked for spaghetti on the side which was just as tasty as the night before ...

Excellent taste with just enough spice and the risotto was excellent also ..

So while the starters may struggle the mains were absolutely fantastic ..

Tiramisu to finish ... OK ...

Wines ... pretty good actually tried a white and a Valpolicella Ripasso which was as expected.

So meal for one £18.00 food ...£16.00 drinks (half wine and 1 digestif)

Meal for two £48 food and £42 drinks (1.5 bottles of wine, 2 water, 1 digestif)

Pretty reasonable

Service ... very good on both nights, and the second night the restaurant was really busy so hats off ... they ran up and down those stairs ...

Good setting, good service ... but .... main courses .... excellent, starters ...not so sure of ... deserts OK ... drinks ... good value for this area of town ...

• Visited January 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great little Itallian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

Lovley food,lovely people,and a great atsmosphere.Be sure to make a reservation.A great place in Shepards Market

Visited January 2013
UK
“Small but good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

This restaurant was round the corner from the Hilton Green Park in Sheperds Market.
It is small although I think there are tables available down stairs as well as on the ground floor.
The menu was large enough to offer a good choice and the standard of food good to very good. The wine list was reasonably priced with wines available by the glass.Service was friendly and efficient.
I would certainly recommend Da Corradi as a choice for a good, reasonably priced italian meal in Mayfair.

• Visited January 2013