“Hmmmmmmmmmm”

Ranked #9,128 of 22,544 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$20 - US$39
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Description: The perfect place to meet for a pre or post theatre meal, Thai Square location in the heart of London on The Strand, close to Covent Garden and Charing Cross Station, makes it ideal for theatre-goers and Thai food lovers alike.
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“Hmmmmmmmmmm”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

If I'd read the reviews before dining I may not have visited.
However went on the recommendation of a friend and was pleasantly surprised.
We shared mixed starters which were all very good, followed by green curry and satay prawns.
All tasted very good and authentic Thai in my book.
The 2 girls serving were very pleasant and courteous. No sign of the manager mentioned in previous reports. Hopefully things have improved. I would return based on my experience.

• Visited February 2014

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing place with amazing food”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This place has undoubtedly the best Thai food in London. The restaurant serves fresh and authentic Thai food. The restaurant has beautiful environment and I will definitely be returning to this place.

• Visited February 2014
Newcastle
“Avoid- poor service and bad food!”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We booked for 5.30pm last Saturday and did not order our drinks and food until 6pm. Our starters came out before our drinks and prawn crackers. Once we finished our starters we sat with dirty plates in front of us for ages. Hot plates were brought out 30mins before our mains so they nights as well have brought out cold plates with the food. Used glasses weren't collected so I put them on the empty table next to us and we wasn't asked if we wanted replacement drinks. Food was average, not freshly cooked, think it ha been sitting in the kitchen for a while. My husband and I considered leaving the restaurant after waiting 40 mins for our mains to grab a McDonalds instead- wish we had now!!!
It goes without saying we refused to leave the service charge added to our bill and left them nothing!!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Emz123
Cardiff
“pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We popped in here on the off chance on a recent visit to London as it was close to our hotel and we just wanted something light to eat. Had I read the reviews on TA I would not have chosen this place in a million years. The reality though was i enjoyed my Tom Yam soup to start and I then had jungle curry which was yummy. Hubby had the Pad thai which was not quite as good.
The service was good and it was very well priced. Would recommend.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank NONE1
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyable lunch”
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

It was our first visit to Thai square and we had good time, the food was fresh, the service was very attentive and polite
Will visit again