“Try the Seafood!”

Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: The location of the Shaftesbury Avenue Bella Italia restaurant couldn't be better, with the Palace Theatre just a walk away on one side and the Gielgud Theatre just moments away to the other side. Nestled right in the heart of Soho, along one of the West End's most prominent streets, Bella Italia offers well priced good quality Italian dining. Starters include the a sharing antipasti board with cured meats from Italy followed by mains such as the slow cooked lamb shank or a crispy piza with a ripiena crust of real mozzarella and garlic butter. Don't forget the great value set menu either, great for pre-theatre diners.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Popped in here on our way to Thriller!. Staff were friendly but didn't quite speak enough English to understand us first time ( we are Londoners who speak clearly) but the food was good and I had the Prawns which were cooked to perfection and my husband had the Calamari which was good although a small portion. Nice atmosphere clean.

There are newer reviews for Bella Italia Shaftesbury Avenue

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were looking for somewhere convenient for the Gielgud theatre, and this was close by. The atmosphere and food was exactly as you would expect in any branch of Bella Italia - no better and no worse! Decent, unpretentious food at a reasonable price for such a central location.

The staff were busy, but managed to be attentive to our needs. There were no lengthy delays for anything. Our table looked like it had been squeezed into an unused corner. It was a table for 4, but the 3 of us had only just enough room. A 4th person would have made it unpleasant!

The food itself was faultless. The service was very good, with very friendly and pleasant staff. However, there was one thing which soured the experience for me. Our bill had the words "gratuities not included." underlined, by hand, in red pen. When paying using a card, I had to type some figure into the empty "gratuity" field in order to proceed to payment. Fortunately the system is perfectly happy to accept ZERO! I didn't like that and told my waitress why not. Am I the only one to have. Been annoyed by this?

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I went to this restaurant prior to a trip to the theatre. We arrived at approx. 4pm and the restaurant had a few customers but no need to book. The staff are friendly enough but nothing outstanding. My husband had the American burger and I had a calzone. Both were enjoyable but nothing to particularly 'write home about'. We enjoyed a few cocktails which were the highlight. I would recommend this restaurant if your looking for a reasonably safe bet on your food choice, pasta, pizza, burger etc. family friendly and couple friendly within minutes of the theatres.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Went to restaurant before going to comedy store and was not disappointed. Food was really good, my partner had chicken stew and I had pasta Marco Polo, my favourite and it was delicious. Our bill was about £45.00 for 2 main meals and 3 alcoholic drinks which I think is very reasonable for London.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Lovely service and great food. We eat at Bella Italia often as a family. A house bottle of wine is £14.95 & my daughter loves the gluten free pizza.