Went for the first time last night (06/08/13) in a group of 4. Our starters were delivered and were very nice. However when our mains arrived (Magret de Canard x2, Salad Nicoise and Filet D’Agneau) we were horrified to discover that one of the dishes, Filet D’Agneau had mould on the Potato Dauphinoise. We called the waiter back who looked equally horrified and passed the plate to the Deputy Manager. She took the plate back to the kitchen and came back with the excuse that the chef has said it was ‘gorgonzola’ (?).
When the bill arrived there was no further offer to compensate us for the disruption, disgust, delay and blatant health danger. The diner who was served this dish also suffers from allergic respiratory problems and this could have proved very dangerous. I called the waiter back to point out that the mould had ruined all our appetites and the entire evening. The deputy manager then took 20% off the bill.
I find it truly disappointing and very insulting that they did not feel ashamed of serving food with such obvious bacteria on it, the deputy manager also tried to make a joke out of it. According to their website they serve ‘quality, freshly prepared’ food. This is obviously not the case. I am also very worried about the state of the kitchen and quality of the chef and will be informing the local Environmental Health Officer.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.