“Okay food but poor ambience”
Review of New Loon Fung

New Loon Fung
Ranked #1,912 of 25,827 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Leicester Square / Shaftesbury Avenue
Description: New Loon Fung Restaurant has been in Chinatown for over 30 years. We have recently taken over and only opened three months ago. We had a complete overhaul and gut-out of the old restaurant. The new fit-out comprises a mix of modern and traditional features.The gut-out included getting rid of the old staff and employing a completely new, young and friendly team. We have established values of providing authentic traditional Chinese cuisine and matching that with the new non-stereotypical Chinatown service. Providing an uncompromising friendly and attentive service second to none in Chinatown.We look forward to your custom soon.
Reviewed 26 June 2016

We've been before and again had a good meal, including some of their famous dim-sum even though we went in the evening. The food and drink was reasonably priced compared to local competition.
My only gripe is that it had no ambience. My memory of our first visit was of a dark restaurant full of Chinese people (always a good sign). This visit the place was mega-brightly lit with hundreds of harsh whit LED lights. It was nearly empty, just a few Europeans eating. The lady serving us was one of the most miserable waiters I have ever met and scowled all through the evening.

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

My 2 friends and I shared 3 meals, all of which were delicious with high quality ingredients. The staff were friendly and efficient

Reviewed 13 June 2016

Evening meal here with our friends to celerate mrsb,x birthday, excellant service, well presented quickly, nice staff , excellant tasty food and good quantity. All went well till the billncame. OMG what on earth is that for . Manager came over and 5 minutes later all sorted out to our satisfaction to right amount and that was fine. But the question is..was it a mistake genuinly or a try on???but anyway we would go back certainly yes yes

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

Great restaurant highly recommended to me over 15 years ago by a Chinese friend and I keep coming back!

Food is reasonably priced with plenty of choice even though I tend to almost always go for the seafood fried noodles.

Great for dining as a large group with revolving table tops to help share food. Not all staff speak good English so be sure to clarify any specific requirements.

Stairs lead to two floors of dining. There is a lift but I don't think I've ever seen it used.

Toilets - Could do with a refurb but generally clean.

Reviewed 8 June 2016

Went here over the weekend for mine and my boyfriends anniversary as we were staying close by. We were not disappointed at all. The food was lovely much better than your typical takeaway and the service was great. We ordered a set meal for 2 which was perfect for us and ended up paying around £20 each including drinks etc so was great value for money!