“Worth going upstairs”

Ranked #1,912 of 25,827 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Leicester Square / Shaftesbury Avenue
Description: New Loon Fung Restaurant has been in Chinatown for over 30 years. We have recently taken over and only opened three months ago. We had a complete overhaul and gut-out of the old restaurant. The new fit-out comprises a mix of modern and traditional features.The gut-out included getting rid of the old staff and employing a completely new, young and friendly team. We have established values of providing authentic traditional Chinese cuisine and matching that with the new non-stereotypical Chinatown service. Providing an uncompromising friendly and attentive service second to none in Chinatown.We look forward to your custom soon.
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Perfect meal and good service at this well known Chinese restaurant. Mr LEE did have harbour city restaurant, but has moved up Gerrard street to this new spot in the middle. Go up and find a meal worth climbing that flight of stairs. First floor, first class. Loved the shredded beef....and the seaweed was tasty, wash it down with a tsing Tao beer.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 10 July 2016

First time visit here as the restaurant we usually go to in china town had closed down and have to say I was impressed. Lovely food, very friendly staff (who didn't try and rush us even though they were really busy), very clean with light bright and airy decor and very reasonably priced. This will definitely be our new go to restaurant in China Town.

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Great Chinese food, very helpful staff. Very clean and comfortable.

The rusted duck was superb

Reasonable prices and good service.

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Forgive me for saying this but I have never set foot in New Loon Fung despite it being a very old establishment and I know many people frequent it. The reason is simple enough, there is 2 flight of stairs to climb before you get to the restaurant and this for me has never appealed.
I was one of 8 having a dim sum lunch today. I didn't choose the location nor did I make the reservation but when I arrived I noticed a sign by the entrance that said the previous Harbour City had moved to New Loon Fung. That caught my notice because Harbour City was my go to dim sum place and I have been trying everywhere once ever since to find my new place. True enough I saw a few familiar faces and am pleased to say this is going to be my new dim sum place! Just wish I knew sooner...

Reviewed 26 June 2016

We've been before and again had a good meal, including some of their famous dim-sum even though we went in the evening. The food and drink was reasonably priced compared to local competition.
My only gripe is that it had no ambience. My memory of our first visit was of a dark restaurant full of Chinese people (always a good sign). This visit the place was mega-brightly lit with hundreds of harsh whit LED lights. It was nearly empty, just a few Europeans eating. The lady serving us was one of the most miserable waiters I have ever met and scowled all through the evening.