“terrible terrible service”

Cuisines: Chinese, Street Food
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was there twice, one for lunch, and once for the milk tea. The food was okay. But the services were really terrible! All the waiters and waitresses seem so unpleasant to everyone. I said the milk tea with a wrong name, and one waitress treated me as what a teacher would do a guilty kid! Unbelievable. That's not the way that you should treat the customers!. Any way, I guess they are not having a good life, so there are no smile on their faces, and they take it out on the costomers.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have been to HK diner on several occasions with friends/colleagues and have always received extremely bad customer service. Waiters and waitresses are always rude and unhelpful. While the food is edible, it is nothing special.

The staff is very unaccommodating e.g on one occasion a friend of mine asked the waiter if chilli could be added to a dish. The waiter replied "no we don't that! There is chili oil on the table, add it yourself!". One might've thought we asked for one of his kidneys from the way he reacted.

There are plenty of other Chinese restaurants in and around Chinatown who deserve your money.

1  Thank 3littlekittens
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The food at HK Diner is consistently delicious. Not necessarily good for you, but irresistible. Don't miss out on the butterfly king prawns x

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Right from when we walked in the door, the service was poor - no welcome, no smile, just shown to a very small, cramped table. We ordered some drinks, but had to ask several times for tap water before it finally arrived.

The menu is very big so it took a while to decide what to order, during which we were asked many times if we were ready. Once we'd ordered, the food arrived promptly and was tasty but throughout, the service was surly and rude.

Both the men and women's toilets were grubby and smelly which always puts me off restaurants. If they can't keep the toilets clean, what standard of cleanliness do they adhere to in the kitchen. I doubt we'd return.

1  Thank BugLet
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Lacked atmosphere. Poor service, when we finally got our meal it was almost thrown on the table. Food was mediocre at best. When I complained the rice was far too salty to eat the waitress just smiled and said thank you!!

1  Thank Elaine W