“Casual night out”
Review of Piazza

Piazza
Reserve with OpenTable
Piazza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #792 of 23,697 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$17 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: In the very heart of London, just steps from the madness of Leicester Square is Piazza, a very Italian restaurant in a very British location. A family run eatery for seventeen years, Piazza is renowned for a welcome which will transport visitors from the impersonal, crowded West End to a tiny Italian village. Traditional in every sense, from the green awning over the glass frontage to the simple white walls and dark wood furniture of the rustic interior, Piazza gives a sense of comfort even before the food arrives. On the menu, you'll find everything from authentic bruschetta, to great seafood, to deliciously fresh pizzas, and the most popular pasta dishes too. Surprisingly affordable, Piazza makes a wonderful pre-theatre stop-off, or, thanks to incredible lunch offers, a fantastic place to take a break between shopping and sightseeing.
Reviewed 19 January 2014

A delightful venue. A good choice on the menu. Sensible prices, this is Central London. A quiet spot with friendly and attentive staff. We will definitely visit here again when in town.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I booked for a family of 9 for a pre-theatre meal on Friday 27th December, supposedly at 4.45 People turned up in dribs and drabs at completely different times, but the staff could not have been more accommodating or made us feel more welcome. They set up a special table for us in the upstairs dining room and the food was freshly prepared, hot and the menu available was varied enough for a family of 1 grandma, 4 adults, 2 teenages and 2 under 8's! Good value and an excellent location for theatreland. Booked through Toptable and will definitely go again .

Reviewed 21 December 2013

In London with my husband, my two children and their partners for a weekend before Christmas. We've all been to London many times before together and in several other combinations. Each time we have eaten at a small Italian on Orange Street, which has unfortunately just closed down. I was a bit dubious when I saw a couple of the negative reviews but we decided to take a chance as we had left it late and Prezzo, Browns etc were full.
The staff were very pleasant when we arrived and seemed friendly. This impression was retained throughout the evening and it is the thought of them that makes this review very difficult to write. We ordered 6 starters, 3 of which were delightful, especially the chicken vegetable soup, which paws actually "to die for". In fact my children said "sorry mum, I know we've never said this before, but that is actually better than yours". Because of this we overlooked the other 3 starters being disappointing as they had all been the same - Calamari. It was bland, chewy and would have been more at home on a 4 x 4 than in a so called Italian restaurant.
The main courses smelt fantastic when they arrived and looked great. This impression was short lived. The first to complain was my son, who ordered a steak with pepper sauce. Never seen a pepper sauce that looked that colour before but he was happy to give it a go. How can you have a pepper sauce that doesn't taste of pepper (or sauce). It tasted like burnt gravy, but with a strange sweetness, covering a steak that was more towards well done rather than medium rare. I have witnessed my son eating a 32oz steak in New York, but he left this one almost in tact. My husband's lasagne was edible and he was quite happy. The other 3 pasta dishes were very stodgy as if the pasta had been sitting around off some time. The seafood in the pasta was obviously frozen and was as rubbery as the calamari at was served of the starters. My son's girlfriends pasts with chicken was served in a creamy pasta that was so sweet it curly made you feel sick.
As for me, I ordered the Pollo Siciliano - chicken breast, Palma ham , mozzarella and. Cream sauce. Again the cream sauce was sweet, but the main complaint would be that something was off. Either the chicken or the Palma ham was off, some would say rancid, but I knew that if I ate it I wouldn't be shopping the next day - so I didn't.
I felt sorry for the waitress who brought the bill. She asked if we had enjoyed the meal and I immediately replied "no". Very unlike me but I was so disappointed to have the weekend ruined. She was stunned and ignored the reply. For the first time ever we left the restaurant without leaving a tip and without finishing the wine, because it tasted so awful on the taste buds after sampling the food. Most of the food was left untouched but stupidly we still paid the bill. So English!!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I visited this restaurant with friends recently after searching for somewhere that would accept a Tastecard on a Friday night. We took a gamble with this one and were all thoroughly impressed and will be returning soon.

The food was tasty and very good value for the location. The staff were friendly and helpful and were in no hurry to kick us out, even after we'd finished eating.

I highly recommend this restaurant for a pleasant, budget friendly meal with friends.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Visited this restaurant around 6 times now so that should tell its own story really,never had a problem with the quality of food or attitude of the staff and indeed during our visit this week they took 3 telephone reservations so still proving to be as popular as ever