“How cool is this place?”

Le Garrick Brasserie Restaurant
Ranked #486 of 23,379 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$23 - US$65
Cuisines: French, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: Across the street from the famous gentlemen's club with which it shares its name, Le Garrick is a convivial and well-established restaurant and bar with a classic menu of French cuisine. Spread over two floors, the ground floor dining room offers a window view of the bustle of Covent Garden outside, while the intimate basement with its candlelit alcoves fosters a more discreet atmosphere. A lively crowd of playgoers and theatre faces soak up the weekly live music.
Reviewed 22 February 2011

On a trip to London from up north came here on a recommendation and loved it. Intimate, warm but lighthearted and cheerful atmosphere. Cosy couples everywhere, but also there were some group tables/booths clearly having a good night. For starter I had the meat and pate selection which was very tasty although the pate is dryer than I am used to. My husband had the calamari- it was spicy, but if you like spicy this is good. We both has the ribeye and green beans for main and it was cooked perfectly (ordered medium which came pink on the inside, but not bleeding). Far too full to even look at the desert menu. The service was quick which reflects the theatre crowd, as we were not seeing a show that night I probably would have preferred the service to actually be slower to allow some time between courses, but I suppose I could have requested this. Staff were very friendly. There is a nice little bar there but we did not stay for a drink there.

1  Thank J0ps

Reviewed 21 February 2011

So bad was the meal that words fail me!! And, then they had the nerve to add 12.5% service charge to the bill!!

2  Thank John N
Reviewed 6 December 2010

Downstairs is very cosy, especially at this time of the year, candle-lit and close, a good place to get away from the madding crowd with your other half. The table by the (unused) fireplace with the large leather chair is the most comfortable in my view. Food is good as is the wine list, just as you'd expect from a proper French brasserie. A tad light on pure vegetarian options but then again place is known for its good steak and frites, all washed down with a nice red.

Reviewed 1 December 2010

Had a dinner at this busy little sub terranian French resto with my partner recently. I took the entrecote steak on the bone and my partner had the mussels which were both excellent. Not much space to move about between tables and the tiny bar area got a bit crowded. The staff were sweet although we had to concentrate to catch their attention. Its refreshing to see there is still a gap in covent garden for a real 'one off'.

Reviewed 14 October 2010

What a great find in covent garden. Has my recommendation.