“Very nice!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Royal Dragon Chinese
Ranked #15,973 of 22,225 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Soho
Blankenberge, Belgium
“Very nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

We went here last wednesday and had the Peking style set menu. Starters, crispy duck pancakes and all the mains were very good and good portions too. The only thing that bothered me were the many waiters constantly watching us and taking the plates away the second you finish a dish. But that's how it goes in many places in Chinatown.

• Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
“Gone back to an old favourite...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

Have been coming to this restaurant for years & always found the dim sum & crispy duck the best. The decor is a bit dark & dated but the food has been consistently good. The service is great - they know their regulars & treat them well. The price is very reasonable for West End restaurants & I like that I don't get rushed. We've tried dim sum in quite a few of the restaurants in Chinatown, Berwick Street & Queensway - some much more pricey & more up-market, but find this more consistently better both with quality of food & service. Now we're reluctant to try other restaurants for dim sum, but we'll keep trying. Watch this space....

• Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I felt like they knew me.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

My sister and I were ambling through China Town looking for a place to catch up and we stopped at Royal Dragon. We hesitated in the doorway, since there looked like a bit of a queue. However the waiter immediately came up to us and ushered us to a secluded table near the back of the restaurant - perfect location for a good old natter.

The restaurant manager came over to take our order, and started chattering away, very friendly and complimentary. We were treated as if we were old friends rather than new customers. It was lovely. The rest of the waiting staff were attentive without being overbearing, and all very friendly.

The food was very good. We had the 19.50 set three course menu. The ribs and chicken satay in the starter were fantastic, and the sweet and sour prawns in the main course were definitely a reasonto go back.

I'm rarely enthusiastic enough about eating out to rush back and review, but this was such a pleasant evening, made all the more so by the attitudes of the staff, that I felt I had to share. I'm looking forward to returning.

Isle of Wight
“Late night yummy feast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

Faced with a row of similar-looking eateries, we chose this restaurant using the tripadvisor reviews, and we weren't disappointed. We were late to eat as we'd just left the Apollo Theatre after a play.
The food and service were excellent. The ambience is relaxing.
I'd recommend the BBQ pork, it was outstanding, as were the chinese vegetables. The dim sum were also amazing. Will be back next time we're in London's Chinatown!

• Visited July 2012
Turin, Italy
“Good food at very good price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

I have to say that I have been here several times and find it always good. Pricing is very good especially considering that we are in the heart of london.
The all inclusive menus are highly suggested

• Visited September 2012