“30th Wedding Anniversary”

Franco's
Ranked #857 of 22,544 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: St. James's
Cross street: St James's
Transit: Green Park, St James's & Piccadilly tube stations are all 5 minutes walk away.
Description: Opened in 1946 in Mayfair, Franco's restaurant has been one of London's most popular Italian establishments ever since. It continues to offer local gourmets a tranquil oasis away from the buzz of the city. Set at the St James���s end of Jermyn Street, Franco's is fantastically located for the galleries, private clubs and hotels of the area. And the pre-theatre and afternoon tea menus are a delight. The restaurant���s character evolves throughout the day from the early morning breakfasts to laid-back lunches and romantic candlelit dinners in the evening. The elegant 1940���s-inspired d��cor is bright and modern, with light wood, off-white walls and comfy upholstered dining chairs. Franco's sumptuous Mediterranean menu has been developed by Head Chef Paulo Parlanti and showcases fresh seasonal produce in traditional and modern Italian dishes. Popular dishes include the duck breast with Castelluccio lentils; ossobucco ravioli with veal jus; and the classic tiramisu. Service is flawless and the wine list is a winner too.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“30th Wedding Anniversary”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We decided to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary at Franco's as we were in London that day and had always enjoyed our previous visits. We had a delicious meal again, excellent wines, good service and were spoilt with some lovely petit four for our 30th Anniversary. We'll definitely be back and thank you to everyone for making it an enjoyable experience.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Louise T
FrancosJermynStreet, General Manager at Franco's, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Louise T
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor.
We’re delighted to read how much you enjoyed your evening with us and that you were well looked after ensuring that your anniversary was a memorable and special occasion.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
“Perfect night”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This review is from my experience at Franco's in September 2009. (I had to click on a date, but as they don't go back far enough, I've put April 14) Not sure why it has taken me so long to post it, so apologies for that.

I found about Franco's whilst arranging a weekend in London with my girlfriend. Arranging the weekend whilst serving in Afghanistan with the Army was hard enough, but trying to arrange a perfect weekend in which I was going to propose to her made it really tough! I had a two week break from Afghan in which I needed to fit a weekend away into and found out about Franco's through a friend that I was serving with. I e-mailed Franco's to book a table and explain my circumstances and, as I had a lot planned, I wanted a table around 11pm and as 'private as possible'. We arrived at the restaurant and not only did we have a private table, we had the entire restaurant to ourselves. Now, I felt for the staff that night as it was late and we must have been the last people in so they much have been dying to get home, but if they were, they certainly didn't show it. The service was exceptional and after we had ordered a bottle of wine, I proposed (luckily she said yes) and we enjoyed one of the best meals that I have ever had. The food was exceptional and the staff were extremley friendly. I had to return to Afghan a few days later, but that evening was about as perfect as it could have been.

A big thank you and apology to the staff for working late that night. I can't praise the service or food enough. Certainly recommend and I will be going again.

• Visited April 2014
Dear RichW
Thank you for your review Franco’s on Tripadvisor and even more so taking the time to post this five years after your visit.
It’s such a pleasure to read that you chose our restaurant for such a special and important evening and that everything went smoothly on the evening, including your proposal being accepted.
Please do come back and visit us soon.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Perfect Business Lunch”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I have been to Franco's with some colleagues for a business lunch and we really enjoyed the meal. Service is fast but same time high quality of food. Location is awasome, in the hearth of Mayfair.

Dear StarringNick,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your recent review on Tripadvisor
We’re delighted that you enjoyed your lunch with us so much and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Flagler beach
“One of the very best.”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Franco's is most certainly one of the very best experiences eating Italian that we have ever experienced. The staff was simply terrific-the decor was calming and attractive and the food was just delicious. Our only regret is that we live 4000 miles away and will probably only be back next year. A very short walk from The Ritz and a nice way to end a day in London. If you love Italian and want to be transported to Tuscany for an evening via a culinary experience-do not miss this opportunity. We had dinner twice and were supremely satisfied with everything. Franco's will be our new standard for Italian food and service excellance!

• Visited March 2014
FrancosJermynStreet, General Manager at Franco's, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear nsbeach1
Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor.
We’re delighted that you found your meal with us so enjoyable that you returned for a second visit the day after.
We pride ourselves on delivering an incredibly high standard of food and service so when that’s recognised it makes it all worthwhile.
Please come back and see us again soon.
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely little place”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

A lovely little place with simple (in the best way) great tasting food and friendly service. The TopTable offer of 3 courses + a glass of bubbles is great value for money. Will definitely go again!

Visited March 2014
Dear Nina H
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review on Tripadvisor.
We’re delighted that you enjoyed the food and service so much and felt it was such good value and we look forward to warmly welcoming you to Franco’s again in the near future.