“A class apart near Piccadilly”
Review of Franco's

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: St. James's
Cross street: St James's
Transit: Green Park, St James's & Piccadilly tube stations are all 5 minutes walk away.
Description: Opened in 1946 in Mayfair, Franco's restaurant has been one of London's most popular Italian establishments ever since. It continues to offer local gourmets a tranquil oasis away from the buzz of the city. Set at the St James���s end of Jermyn Street, Franco's is fantastically located for the galleries, private clubs and hotels of the area. And the pre-theatre and afternoon tea menus are a delight. The restaurant���s character evolves throughout the day from the early morning breakfasts to laid-back lunches and romantic candlelit dinners in the evening. The elegant 1940���s-inspired d��cor is bright and modern, with light wood, off-white walls and comfy upholstered dining chairs. Franco's sumptuous Mediterranean menu has been developed by Head Chef Paulo Parlanti and showcases fresh seasonal produce in traditional and modern Italian dishes. Popular dishes include the duck breast with Castelluccio lentils; ossobucco ravioli with veal jus; and the classic tiramisu. Service is flawless and the wine list is a winner too.
Reviewed 1 May 2014

For a classy Italian in a majestic setting near Piccadilly this restaurant is located in St James's and matches the class of the area with a professional service, excellent food and unique atmosphere ideal for either business or personal occasions

FrancosJermynStreet, General Manager at Franco's, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear COOLEYBLUE
Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write your recent review on Tripadvisor.
We were incredibly pleased to read what an enjoyable time you had when dining with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Franco’s in the near future.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We chanced upon this restaurant while sightseeing around London. In spite of being a party of 6 with 3 young children we were literally treated like royalty. The arugula salad as a starter was quite delicious. We shared a few portions of spaghetti, pomodoro sauce and fresh basil. The pasta was cooked al dente and tasted better than similar food in Italy. One of the adults ordered linefish which was delicious. The icecreams and sorbets were delicious. Beyond the excellent food the highlight was our waitress who was charming and helpful and went above and beyond.

Dear Car0lineR13
Thank you so much for your lovely review on Franco’s recently.
We strive to deliver excellent customer service and were delighted that you felt you received that.
Please do come and visit us again on your next trip to London, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We choose this place because it's near the Le Meridien Hotel, just a 4 minute walk. It's 1 block south of Piccadilly. The food and service is above average. But, it's listed as a place for "Quiet Conversation" in the Zagat guide. It's too noisy. If you need a quiet place go into Mayfair and choose Murano or Le Genova. These are better for quiet conversation.

Dear Max98116
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your recent review on Tripadvisor.
We are delighted that you enjoyed the food and felt you were well looked after.
We appreciate it can be rather noisy during busy services times but feel that it adds to the natural buzz of the restaurant. We have however taken on board your comments.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I visited this restaurant for lunch on a Saturday. It was a treat for my office girls. I ordered a very nice bottle of Gavi di Gavi (80.00) which we quickly drank and then I ordered a second one. Our glasses were empty for some while so in the end I asked one of my girls to go and get the wine and pour it. At this point the Maitre'd arrived and took over, I said to him you are not looking after us very well. He apologised and said things would improve. He finally came over again and poured us some water, I asked him to pour some more wine, he very dourly replied I was just about to do it. He obviously took serious exception to being reminded to pour as the next time he came over he slopped the water into the glasses and nearly gave one of us a shower, so very unprofessional!! Being left without anything to drink whilst you are eating is really annoying. The restaurant was not busy so there was no excuse that they were looking after many more diners. I refused to pay the service charge and young waitress agreed with me that the service had fallen short. Had they been more prompt with the pouring we would have no doubt had another bottle, not only did they lose the service charge but they also lost a sale. On the plus side the food was nice.

1  Thank helen s
FrancosJermynStreet, General Manager at Franco's, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear HelenS
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent visit to Franco’s.
Naturally we are really disappointed to read about your recent experience with us.
We continue and strive to deliver excellent customer service and quality of food and wine daily so I was surprised to read that the service you received appears to have fallen short on that particular day.
I will be looking into the members of staff that were working that day and doing my very best to ensure we don’t have an ’off day’ again.
I very much hope that this hasn't deterred you from dining with us again in the future and that we have the pleasure of making your next visit with us more memorable for the right reasons.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have had lunch before here at this busy upmarket Italian just off Piccadilly. I had expected better for dinner and was disappointed. The fried calamari was tender and tasty, my courgette flowers with ricotta was bland. The special was tournedos rossini. Very good meat and well prepared. Very small portion of spinach so the meal looked rather inadequate. The meal was GBP 212 for three with very expensive for what it was. We will not go back.

1  Thank JNWSuisse

Dear JNWSuisse
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the calamari and the tournedos Rossini, however have noted your comments on the dishes you mentioned.
We strive to deliver an incredibly high standard of service and quality of food at Franco’s and as such take all feedback seriously and will be passing on your comments to the chef.
We really hope that you return in the future and we can restore your faith in us.