“Good food but noisy and stuffy”
Review of Franco's

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: St. James's
Cross street: St James's
Transit: Green Park, St James's & Piccadilly tube stations are all 5 minutes walk away.
Description: Opened in 1946 in Mayfair, Franco's restaurant has been one of London's most popular Italian establishments ever since. It continues to offer local gourmets a tranquil oasis away from the buzz of the city. Set at the St James���s end of Jermyn Street, Franco's is fantastically located for the galleries, private clubs and hotels of the area. And the pre-theatre and afternoon tea menus are a delight. The restaurant���s character evolves throughout the day from the early morning breakfasts to laid-back lunches and romantic candlelit dinners in the evening. The elegant 1940���s-inspired d��cor is bright and modern, with light wood, off-white walls and comfy upholstered dining chairs. Franco's sumptuous Mediterranean menu has been developed by Head Chef Paulo Parlanti and showcases fresh seasonal produce in traditional and modern Italian dishes. Popular dishes include the duck breast with Castelluccio lentils; ossobucco ravioli with veal jus; and the classic tiramisu. Service is flawless and the wine list is a winner too.
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I enjoyed a lunch here with a friend however, I did feel very cramped and the heat within the dining room was unbearable. We asked for the airconditioning to be raised a level but they did not seem keen to do this. It was a very hot day and an open door or window would have been gratefully received by all diners. The food was good and the choice for lunch adequate but this is a pricey restaurant, but you would expect that in this area. The service was polite, efficient and not intrusive or aloof. The wine list was very good and overall, apart from the heat, we had an enjoyable lunch.

FrancosJermynStreet, General Manager at Franco's, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Dear Adpenny
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent lunch with us. I would like apologise for the lack of air-conditioning on your last visit. This year, as a result of the particularly warm weather, there were occasions where our A/C units found it difficult to cope! A can assure you we are doing all we can to ensure that this doesn’t happen in the future. I am pleased that you enjoyed the food and appreciated the service.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great staff, food and ambience all in SW1....Highly Recommended....The entire evening was a joy and filled with fun....Thank you

1  Thank James B

Dear James
Praise indeed! Thank you so much for your positive words and feedback, we have a great team who take great pride in what they do be it in the kitchen or front of house. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I've been to here before with a good impression for the food and atmosphere. But when my friend and me came here at Saturday night, everything's changed. The foods are just ok with no creativity and idea, not well-cooked and tasteless. I don't know if the chief was changed, but the problem is attitude that such as mussels were even a little smelly. The dinner cost £50 each without dessert, but the quality is worse than some £15 restaurants. The older Italian waiter was not friendly at all. Very unworthy and disappointed.

Dear Liamaerd
Thank you for taking the time to write with your feedback on your dinner with us. I am very saddened that you were disappointed with the food as we strive daily to ensure that the quality of ingredients and method of cooking is first class. I have passed your feedback on to our chef and restaurant manager. I would like to think that your experience must have been a one off blip as we have many regular guests that dine with us daily. I very much hope that you will be able to forgive us in time and hopefully you will give us a second chance.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The food here is great and pretty fast to come out too, which was good seeing as we were quite a large group! At one point it was fairly difficult to get a waiter's attention but apart from that we had a fab time. On a random note, the toilets weren't playing music in there, they were playing an audio book of Winnie the Pooh, which I wouldn't say was a negative thing but a rather strange experience! Overall it was good and I'd go back again.

Dear Becky W
Thank you very much for your comments and feedback on your dinner with us as part of a large group, we are very pleased that you had a lovely time. With regard to ‘Winnie the Pooh’ playing in our loo’s, it was always our intention to play audio books rather than music from the day we opened. The day before we opened I received an Audio version of ‘Winnie the Pooh’ as part of a Sunday paper, it was then that I decided to focus on Children’s books, with the intention of rotating them regularly. For some reason all our guests loved listening to the original CD, so much so that we would receive complaints if ‘Winnie the Pooh’ was not playing!
I hope that this has not put you off returning as we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Fantastic food, service and atmosphere!! Highly recommend to anyone (though limited veggie options) but our party member who was vegetarian had a great meal

Dear Claire45
Thank you ever so much for such a great review! We are all delighted that you enjoyed your meal with us so much. Keep spreading the word.