“Another Great Meal!”

Cafe des Amis
Price range: US$26 - US$40
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Soups
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Cross street: Long Acre
Transit: Covent Garden, Leicester Square, Holborn
Description: Established for 30 years, Café des Amis is a Covent Garden icon for food excellence. Following the seasons with harmony, Café des Amis serves modern European cuisine with a twist of French; emphasising quality and simplicity. Gourmands and gourmets will enjoy this mixture of flavours to create modern European cuisine. The Wine and Champagne Bar offers a delicious cheese platter to complement your drinks. A warm atmosphere with crystal drop lighting and dark velvet seating allows you to indulge yourself in your visit. Café des Amis also has a traditional brasserie terrace to enjoy the spring and summer times.
St Ives, United Kingdom
“Another Great Meal!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Another great meal at this fantastic Restaurant. The staff are really friendly and helpful and bill is so reasonable!

I'm so impressed that I've just booked a midweek lunch in April 2014 for 30+ people. Now that's what I call putting myself in the firing line!

London, United Kingdom
“Poor service and inconsistent food standard”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My partner and I visited Cafe Des Amis on Saturday night and came away very disappointed. We visited in July and loved it but our experience was very different this time.

We ordered a bottle of wine which arrived after we had finished our starter course. I would also add that the starter of French Onion Soup (which in July I would have given a 10/10 was such a let down). With a very watery consistency, few onions and a tiny piece of bread and cheese on the top, we were not happy with our starter.

The main course of haddock and crushed new potatoes was lovely.

Our desserts (which we had to wait 30 minutes to even order) were very different from each others. Having both ordered the chocolate fondant, mine arrived 5 minutes before my partners and mine was gooey and his dry! Considering we ordered these at the same time, I couldn't believe the service and the food standard for the dessert.

We had a different waiter deliver each of our courses and we were not met with good customer service.

I am thoroughly disappointed and will not be recommending this restaurant to any friends or family in future.

1 Thank Lisa H
Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Aweful”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Rushed service. Food clearly precooked and kept warm in the oven, steak reminded me of school dinners, dry and tough, poor quality meat. Chips were wrinkly from being kept warm for hours. Complained and there was no denial of this. Really crap restaurant, clearly doesnt make its money from repeat customers and relies on duping people with the 50% off deal thats always on, even after that its massively overpriced. Save your money and go to cafe rouge around the corner, may not be fancy or fashionable but they know how to cook a steak

1 Thank simon w
Bishops Stortford
“Dinner with chums”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Friday evening, restaurant full, great atmosphere, loud (just like our group) friendly, great food fantastic night out!

portsmouth
“Very good great location”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We visited this restaurant for my daughters birthday after a busy day shopping in London it was very nice food and service very good great price . Only complaint was it was a little cold up stairs as we were sat under Air Con but I would not let this put you off as it's a great little restaurant .