“Fantastic evening, great food and great value!”
Review of Cafe des Amis - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Cross street: Long Acre
Transit: Covent Garden, Leicester Square, Holborn
Description: Established for 30 years, Café des Amis is a Covent Garden icon for food excellence. Following the seasons with harmony, Café des Amis serves modern European cuisine with a twist of French; emphasising quality and simplicity. Gourmands and gourmets will enjoy this mixture of flavours to create modern European cuisine. The Wine and Champagne Bar offers a delicious cheese platter to complement your drinks. A warm atmosphere with crystal drop lighting and dark velvet seating allows you to indulge yourself in your visit. Café des Amis also has a traditional brasserie terrace to enjoy the spring and summer times.
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We ate here on bank holiday monday and it was reasonably quiet. We were served extremely fast and the food was of high quality and of reasonable portion size. We used a voucher for a 2 course meal for 2 and wine and chose from the a la carte menu - we will definitely be visiting it again and I recommend it to others.

3  Thank LSaunders91

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We went here for a family meal. We were very disappointed by the food and felt like it was very overpriced. Would not recommend this place.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I saw on here the service is terrible, so was sceptical about my visit. We went on a Groupon deal, and I don't care that they are making less money from it, the restaurant set the price, not the customers. We were seated downstairs in the dungeon ("bar"), the menu on the website looked amazing but when we arrived it had 3 of the cheapest things on the menu. The food was nice but it was disappointing that the service was so terrible. I wouldnt go back there.

The upstairs, non-deals main restaurant looked nice though. However, it's a bit of a scam they falsley advertise that all these deals they do will be for the mainrestaurant. I don't recommend it

1  Thank Hannah H
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Second time I've been to Cafe Des Amis. It was really busy and the staff were over worked and it was really hard to get their attention. I didn't enjoy the experience.
One meal was amazing one was average. For the price their are other better places.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We used a KGB deal for a theatre trip yesterday.

The table was downstairs in the wine bar , food was fine.
However I have to say that the service was abysmal , we were met with a scowl from the barman when we arrived and it went downhill from there.