Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$151
View deal
Expedia.comUS$186
PricelineUS$168
Hotels.comUS$186
eDreamsUS$151
FindHotelUS$167
Trip.comUS$186
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

We came here for breakfast every day during our stay and the barmaid, Giulia, was absolutely wonderful. One morning, she even offered us a rad Tiramisu to taste. Great food and a lovely place that I definately recommend. Thanks Giulia!!!

Date of stay: August 2016
Thank Ingveldur St. I
BullandHide, Manager at The Bull & The Hide, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2016

Giulia was so happy with your comments, thanks for taking the time to review!

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

I loved the decor and vibe in here but boy was it cold! I had to eat with my coat on. The bar staff allowed my husband to sample a beer prior to purchase which was appreciated and my glass of wine was lovely. We ordered some small plates and the quality was variable. Scotch egg was gorgeous but very expensive for what it was. Haloumi dish had 5 tiny specks of haloumi in it which again made it expensive for what it was, although it was tasty. The main issue was the steak. We sent the first one back it was a physical impossibility to chew it, although the flavour was great. The replacement one was also impossible the chew. Surely the chef must know this? The waiting staff didn't check whether the replacement was OK.

I wouldn't return.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Glad to hear the wine was good and you enjoyed your drinks. Sorry to hear there was an issue with the steak, we will discuss the comment with the team.

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

My partner and I decided on a last minute trip up to the city before heading off to Ireland for dinner and a wander around the city. We found the Bull & the Hide on Booking.com and went for it. At first glance we weren't sure we were at the right entrance, because it was a Friday eve and therefore a bustling pub(which we liked). There's no check in desk, but the manager quickly found us and showed us to our room. There are flights of stairs to climb, which Some people have complained about I see, but its an old London building with bags of character, so no dramas, if you aren't willing or able to climb a few stairs this isn't for you!
The Bedlam room was really well presented, and newly done I think. We slept like logs on a brilliant mattress which was 2m long(I am 6'7") so when we had to arise at 5:30am to make the airport, we felt great. We also found the guest pantry, which offers free beer,coke, water, coffee etc to the guests a really nice touch.

All in all, we will return next time we decide to venture into town for some sights etc .

Date of stay: October 2016
1  Thank 474wills
BullandHide, Manager at The Bull & The Hide, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2016

Thanks Will, really nice to hear your comments. Very happy to hear the bed was big enough too. We get a lot of guests commenting on the comfort of the mattresses, shame you had to get up so early, lucky the pantry was there for provisions! Please email us directly should you wish to book again for the best rate.

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed just one night and had a great time. The staff were really friendly. We left our bag behind the bar so we could explore London.
Really comfortable bed.
The pantry and helping ourselves to drinks and snacks was brilliant.
I loved it

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BullandHide, Manager at The Bull & The Hide, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2016

Thanks for your great comments Sally. So pleased we hosted your cheeky night away! We just reduced our Friday rate to match the bargain Sunday rate prices so come again!

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

The Bull & Hare is located just off Bishopsgate down a small alley. Although it is located in a popular area the pub is not too rammed, like the ones say in Leadenhall Market. There is a moderate sized seating area and the pub is happy with you taking drinks outside which is good for an Indian-summer's evening. There are a number of ales available and they had one of my favourites -Whitstable pale ale. The toilets are downstairs and are rather cramped. You have to stand to the side to get in and out and go up and down the stairs. The prices are standard for London, around 9 pounds for two pints. Great pub for a later summers evening.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
BullandHide, Manager at The Bull & The Hide, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2016

Thanks for you review Tom, we always love to hear what our customers have to say. Glad you enjoyed a pint of Whitstable Pale, we like to support Kent suppliers with our own winery being in Kent too!