Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$151
View deal
Expedia.comUS$185
PricelineUS$168
Hotels.comUS$185
eDreamsUS$151
TripadvisorUS$151
FindHotel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Was passing by and stopped for lunch in the middle of the week. Very pleasantly surprised to have good, well-presented food - a great improvement on the general run of pub grub. Staff were friendly and helpful and there was a really nice atmosphere in the pub.
Certainly intend to return!

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BullandHide, Manager at The Bull & The Hide, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

Thanks Lucy!

Reviewed 13 February 2017

It was freezing cold outside, so the warm restaurant upstairs was very welcome! It's a nice vibe here - quiet but not like a library. Service was prompt and friendly. The lunch menu is cool - simple, not too much but really well laid out with reference to which market the ingredients are bought fresh from. Our party had game pie, a burger and bacon with duck egg - all were superb. Wine by the glass was very decent and not too badly priced. We ended up staying a while - with one or three more glass to pass away the afternoon. Very pleasant!

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
BullandHide, Manager at The Bull & The Hide, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Many thanks for your review, the team will be very happy to hear your comments.

Reviewed 16 January 2017

We stayed in this delightful pub with rooms for one night. Its a brilliant find and just 2 minutes walk from London Liverpool street station.
The Hush Heath suite has a little lounge area with a flat screen TV on the wall, there is a balcony that you can access via the bedroom or lounge area, this overlooks buildings opposite and the gherkin. The bed was so comfortable and considering its a busy area of London we slept really well and there was no noise.
There is a bit of a climb getting to the room, with motivational words on the stairs, 'nearly there' and 'take a breather!' if you had a heavy case or bags this might be a struggle.
The bathroom has under floor heating and the water very hot & plentiful. We were able to use the pantry area opposite the room to make hot drinks and to have water, orange juice and beer from the fridge. there were crisps ad lots of biscuits to have as part of the complimentary service.
This was a really good find and we hope to be able to revisit again in the future. Thank You to all the staff at the Bull and the Hide.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BullandHide, Manager at The Bull & The Hide, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

Hi Sue, thanks so much for taking the time to review us, we really appreciate your comments. Our Hush Heath Suite is my favourite room! Glad you made use of the complimentary pantry too. Look forward to having you stay again.

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

I stayed in the devonshire suite at the bull, which was excellent, however a few issues has resulted in a downgraded score.

First you check in at the desk. The guy was very nice and helpful showing us to our room. All the rooms are up a lot of stairs so I recommend this hotel to young and able people (no lift). The room was great with a view of the gherkin from the window with a large bedroom and bathroom.

My only issues with my stay is the following. I was not advised what to do after the bar closed. I had no idea what to do after 11pm if somrthing went wrong.

My other issue was the bathroom shower, bath and sink. The bath and sink filled up instantly. The tinyest bit of water took 10 minutes to drain and over 2 hours after washing my hands.

The shower was extremely difficult and many times it took about 5 minutes to turn it off.

I would recommend you stay at the bull due to the location, however its a shame the simple let it down.

I think the suites are worth £180 per night at most.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BullandHide, Manager at The Bull & The Hide, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2017

Thank you for reviewing us, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm pleased you had a friendly check in. Your comments have been taken on board and will be discussed with the team.The drainage issue has also been addressed, we do apologise that you had to experience this. Thank you for the positive rating despite the issues you had, we would be happy to welcome you back at the bull & the hide in the future.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

I stopped at this pub for a quick dinner thinking that it was going to be quiet. The ambiance is great, as the decor is modern based on traditional and it was quiet when I arrived. Unfortunately, as soon as I'd ordered this pub got extremely loud with groups of loud men. The service was slow and not as attentive. The food, which is meant to be local, I found very overpriced and the portions small. I would only go back for a drink, provided that there are no loud men trying to grab a pint while waiting for their Essex-bound train. I really think that this place could be doing much better, if the food would be more reasonable and the service more attentive.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
BullandHide, Manager at The Bull & The Hide, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2017

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to write a review, we always appreciate hearing customer comments. Sorry to hear the loud drinkers put you off, we do have a dining room upstairs called The Hide, next time ask to be seated upstairs and you can escape the hustle and bustle of the bar!