Book In Advance
Tours from Stonehenge Guided Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews inner circle private tour sunrise tour salisbury cathedral visitor center dress in layers engineering feat guide nick roman baths magna carta amazing sight victoria coach station ancient history day trip mind boggling interesting information bucket list
Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked this tour because of the nice reviews and maybe we expected too much. We were a group of 8 consisting of 2 families with a total of 4 adults and 4 children. Here lies the first problem. We requested, and were promised, a booster seat. The booking agent wrote an email that specifically stated that the guide knew about the request and it would be in the van for us - but, it was not. Then the guide acted as though we had done something wrong and I showed him the emails and we were not going to spend 10 hours in a van with my 4 year old child unless there was some sort of booster seat. So he put us all in the van and drove for 40 minutes to go get a seat.

The tour was a private tour of Stonehenge, Bath and a Cotswold village. The guide started out at woodhenge (not on our itinerary but he felt it laid the foundation for Stonehenge). We spent 30 plus minutes there and then we were rushed through Stonehenge because we were behind schedule (due in part to having to get the booster seat and the also the unscheduled stop at woodhenge). Then on to Bath, where he just dropped us off and told us when to return to the van. We returned and he let us know that we no longer had time for the cotswold village. But since he had to drive through it on the way back to our hotel he stopped and let us out to walk around for 5 minutes.

What we got was a driver, and unless you were asking him about Stonehenge he didn't know the answer to any of the questions we asked. I did not know how bad this tour was until I took another tour about a month and a half later.

I personally do not recommend this company. I am sure other people have had different experiences but for us this was not great and it wasn't until we went on a different tour that we truly realized how bad this one was which is why I am just now writing this review.

Reviewed 1 week ago

I was mixed about going that far from London for a tour, but it was well worth the trip. Really enjoyed the audio guided tour and learning so much about the area and the people that lived there. Thoroughly enjoyed. Dress warm!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Loved this place. Out in the middle of nowhere . Great drive there , had a guided headset tour. Great photos and history.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First, George was very quick with responses to all of my questions regarding the tour, and got us set up with a private small party tour of 6 people with our guide Keife.. Keife was absolutely fantastic. Our first stop was Stonehenge, and Keife has a depth of knowledge regarding Stonehenge that I do not believe you can get anywhere else. On our was there we got a very detailed history of the site, and while at the site he was very accommodating to our wishes in how we wanted to view the site and answered all questions we had while there. It was a fantastic visit to the site. Keife was amazing. Our next stop was Glastonbury to visit Glastonbury Abbey. What a beautiful and peaceful place. I can't recommend booking with Stonehenge Tours and Keife enough. By the end of the day, Keife felt like a friend we had all known for years. I will definitely go back at some point and book with Keife to visit other sites on our list. Great tour!

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a trip with Evan Evans to the places listed above. Our driver and guide were excellent. The guide was Andy Jackson. He was tireless during the whole trip giving us information, entertaining stories and great advice. He was crystal clear with all instructions. I would highly recommend this trip to all. Thanks, J & J

Reviewed 15 September 2018

Stonehenge only by bus summary: 4.5 hours of bus riding and 1.5 - 2 hours at the site. They say 90 minute bus trip, but it is really 2 hr 15min or more (traffic in London?) That is a lot of bus! Have a good book or two movies on the iPad. Better yet, train to Salisbury and see the cathedral and then over to see the Stones. Or do multiple destinations with the bus tour. You've been warned.

1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 13 September 2018

So, we booked the sunrise tour to Stonehenge. We had to get up early in the morning and catch a bus for a two hour ride to get there, but it was totally worth it. We got to go into the inner circle and roam around the grounds. It was a bucket list moment. We then went to a small nearby village for an English breakfast and then strolled around the village and stopped in a few of the little shops. How could you go to England and not visit Stonehenge ? We had a great time.

Reviewed 25 August 2018

We booked a private tour and were very pleased. George was very helpful in booking via email, and gave me several options for the afternoon part of our tour (I chose Salisbury). Our tour guide, Oliver ("Oz"), was very knowledgeable not only about Stonehenge history, but about English (and other European) history in general, and gave us a ton of interesting information in the car on our way. We stopped at Woodhenge first, and then arrived at Stonehenge just as it opened. It was beautiful and due to the early morning pickup, almost no one was there which was perfect. Oz again gave us a lot of interesting facts and history about the site while we walked around and admired the stones. Afterward, we stopped at the castle remains at Old Sarum (old castle of William the Conqueror) on our way to Salisbury. Once in Salisbury, we had lunch at a "proper chippy" (fish and chips) and then walked through the fresh market to the cathedral. We first viewed the Magna Carta (again with lots of helpful, interesting information from Oz) and then toured the Cathedral. They made this so easy and so interesting, I highly recommend booking with them if you are thinking about touring Stonehenge.

3  Thank Michelle O
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

OMG. Better than I expected! We took a tour to Stonehenge and Bath. The tour bus location was not particularly good and we almost missed the bus. But once on, all was great. Saul the tour guide was professional and informative. Once at the site I was gobsmacked at the impressive size and structure. It makes you reflect on what life must have been like back then and how tenacious the people must have been! Totally worth it. It’s a long drive on the bus and a long day

1  Thank 437brendand
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Inside Stonehenge to watch the sun rise....absolutely incredible! Doing the inner circle small group sunrise tour is the only way to truly experience the mystery around Stonehenge. Our guide Nick was extremely prepared, knowledgeable and passionate about the history of Stonehenge, making for an experience that exceeded expectations! If you want up close and personal-this is the way to go.

3  Thank John W