“Allora Soooo Good”

Allora
Price range: US$7 - US$39
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A new traditional northern Italian restaurant in one of London's most attractive residential districts. Allora Italian Restaurant offers a tranquil getaway from the outdoor bustle of London, where patrons can enjoy authentic Northern Italian dishes and fine Italian wines. Delicious recipes served include an extensive range of sumptuous pasta creations and risottos made on the premises. For main courses we offer chef's specials such as tender veal Osso Buco and fresh seafood. We receive fresh deliveries from Italy twice a week, so that all food is served exceptionally fresh. The wine list itself has been carefully crafted, offering an extensive view of Italian wine.
Reviewed 12 September 2014

We celebrated our daughter's engagement party in Allora restaurant for 14 people - it was a truly amazing experience. We were given a private room, the table was decorated with beautiful flower vases, large and small bouquets of flowers, floating candles and lovely diamond hearts were scattered over the tablecloth - an effort was made to make it a really special and unique event. The food was superb - the lamb and great home-made pasta are especially highly reccomended. The waiters were very attentive and caring, ensuring that we all had a great time. Desserts also were lovely - we loved the panecotta and tiramisu. The prices were reasonable and all in all it was a really special evening that will stay in our memory for a long time. We will definitely dine there again.

1  Thank Beatrissima

Reviewed 10 September 2014

I went to Allora around a week or two ago and was surprised by how lovely the experience was. I'm not from the area and had never visited the formerly Spanish restaurant however it was obvious that the place had a fresh, new spark. The decoration and warm colours of the restaurant made it very cosy and peaceful. Lovely classical music played softly in the background which fit very well for the pictures projected on the wall of old movie stars in black and white. For starters, I had the courgette soup which was the soup of the day, at first I was doubting whether to try it but I must admit, the texture was creamy and not at all what I expected, it was honestly wonderful. For mains I tried the red sauce gnocchi, which was probably the best gnocchi I've ever tasted, beats the many gnocchi's I tried in Italy. The texture again was perfectly soft and tasty as well as the great portion size. Unfortunately no room was left for dessert however as we left the restaurant, we walked past a young couple sharing a beautifully presented Panna cotta which did look very tempting. The service was lovely, very helpful and kind, the owner treated us extremely well and made the night and ambience very comfortable. The overall experience was definitely worth a visit, surely I'll be back to indulge in one of the tempting desserts.

Reviewed 9 September 2014

Good Italian cuisine...home cooked with the freshest ingredients. Osso Bucco excellent. Nice atmosphere and beautiful presentation. Deserves to do well. Not cheap but good value nevertheless. Celebrated an anniversary and quite romantic particularly if you enjoy authentic Italian cuisine.
In short a very good choice for a special evening.

Reviewed 9 September 2014

So glad to have come across this gem of a restaurant. Food was absolutely delicious, the staff are incredibly attentive and left feeling full and happy!! Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 8 September 2014 via mobile

A friendly small restaurant. Great food for a very reasonable price. We were made to feel very welcome and additional requests for special orders were catered for. Myself and my partner will be returning very soon. Highly recommend the T-bone steak.